• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon That Look Identical!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Have you ever wondered if Game Freak have gotten lazy and just modified a Pokemon to be a new one.

I'll start!

467.png
    500.png

Emboar looks similiar to Magmortar dont you think.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    This doesn't really belong in Pokemon Trivia. I'm going to toss this over to Pokemon General, and Miss Doronjo can deal with it from there.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • Most of the bird types, Like Pidove, Starly, Pidgey, they all are so small pre-evolved, and they are just basically colored a bit different..*shrugs* A lot of Pokemon look alike, those were just the ones that have bothered me for awhile >_>. Sorry I dont have the little animation things..dont know how to get em :o

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Actually, I'd say that Emboar is really:

498.png
    +
    Spr_5b_464_m.png
    =
    Spr_5b_500.png

And though Poliwrath IS Poliwhirl's evolution, one can't help but think that out of all of them (with the possible exception of Klinklang), Poliwrath makes the least change in transition from it's earlier form.

Spr_5b_061.png
    >
    062.png

Change Poliwrath's eyes to those of Poliwhirl's, and it's little more then a muscle-packed Poliwhirl, having less difference between themselves then Frillish have between genders.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Alot of Look Alikes

Just a couple look-alike pokemon

Genesect - Toxicroak Pupitar-Metapod
    Stantler-Sawsbuck Magnezone-Metang
    Venusaur-Torterra Purrloin-Glameow

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • If this counts, Plusle and Minun. If not:
    -Bidoof, Sentret, and Patrat
    -Pachirisu and Emolga
    -Galvantula and Ariados
    -Forretress and Ferrothorn
    -Croagunk and Scraggy

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Surely Pikachu and ALL of its clones takes the cake? Plusle, Minun, Emolga... they're just thinner Pikachu without the red cheeks (and, in one case, added wings)!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2015
    Houndoom-Umbreon
    Ekans-Seviper

can I just say this, they sometimes make pokemon similar PURPOSELY, and of course the evolutions are going to look alike. its like me saying
    Hitmonlee looks like Hitmonchan, or Pikachu looks like Raichu...just saying, for future reference...

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Mightyena-Absol-Houndoom
    the 3 dark typed dogs

Magmortar-Emboar-Rhyperior-Lickylicky
    Just examine their anatomy, they look very similar.

Cascoon-Silcoon
    One got a pink Shade, the other's white. other than that, I can't see nothing.

Geodude-Roggenrola
    Small rocks

Pignite-Azumarril
    an Egg-shaped body with short arms & leggs.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • 318.png
    and
    550.png

I even have a habit of attacking Basculin with bug- or fighting-type attacks expecting them to be supereffective. D:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    EXHIBIT A
    480.png
    481.png
    482.png

EXHIBIT B
    641.png
    642.png
    645.png

</thread>

Really though, I think they're supposed to look similar. It's not like they're unrelated to each other.

I think the majority of pokemon, even if they have similarities have enough differences to make them stand out as individuals.

After all, different species of animals sometimes look similar in real life.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The genie trio I can forgive because it's easy to distinguish between them because they have different color schemes to match their different types, but the lake trio are just unbearable. They're far too similar to eachother for me to think of them as individuals, simply as a group. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back