• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 27, 2016
I'm at least glad that my tablet is able to fit into my pockets with other objects.. because it's at least 7 inches and I don't really care for larger sizes. The larger the size the less the portability, IMO.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I have a hard time finding a productive use for a 7" tablet. There's not enough screen area for a lot of things I'd like to use when you scale them up.

Years
I have a hard time finding a productive use for a 7" tablet. There's not enough screen area for a lot of things I'd like to use when you scale them up.
It's different on the 2013 Nexus 7, that's for sure.. the 1920x1200 resolution surely does help as it makes things larger and I have no problem with using it, especially when it comes to multitasking (IRC + web browsing), although it does involve a lot of switching back-and-forth. And at least my tablet isn't like other 7" tablets that are only 800x480 in resolution..

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I prefer absolute screen area over pixels :P

I don't like things going smaller than a specific size. Resolution doesn't tell me size of objects with no PPI number. Even with a 1366x768 display, with 10", I can get away with 1:1. Things are still large enough to see and tap, even on the desktop.

Also, I don't like scaling up anything that isn't designed to be scaled up. Having a usable 1:1 desktop and web browsing means a lot to me.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Oh gosh. I have my laptop right now. Big ol 17 hp laptop. Also have the Nexus 10 and my phone. I prefer using my laptop even for simple stuff. Youtube, Netflix, Web Browsing, Music. I use my tablet when I don't have access to my laptop, who feel like it, but I don't like browsing the web on the smaller stuff, at all.

Years
Decided to finally go the way to root my Nexus 7 tablet.. hopefully the ROM I load onto it will be stable and hopefully no more random reboots.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If your device is getting random reboots, it might not be a software issue. You might want to get it serviced before flashing a custom ROM.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
As I stated, I got fed up with the random reboots within the stock ROM and I'm hoping that the ROM I flashed onto it is more stable.

One of the problems with the new 7 is random reboots. A custom ROM might help that actually since random reboots at times can be caused by faulty software. Of course, it is one of the known problems so I'd take a look at XDA tbqh.

Years
One of the problems with the new 7 is random reboots. A custom ROM might help that actually since random reboots at times can be caused by faulty software. Of course, it is one of the known problems so I'd take a look at XDA tbqh.
A custom ROM indeed. I have Paranoid Android (just as you suggested Mac) on here now. And so far I really like the customization.

Spoiler:

It's just that in the process, stupid me decided not to take a backup of his tablet and I lost everything in the unlock process :( and I had thought Google would restore everything because I backed up everything to them (pictures, apps & such) but nope all I got was browser data

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
That sucks man. :( I hope you enjoy PA though. I am trying out SlimBean right now -- it's pretty awesome so far. B)

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Speaking of backups, that's a big reason why I always keep my backups offline. Not relying on the cloud and not missing anything have their benefits.

Years
Speaking of backups, I need to create a system image disk for my desktop and get a backup of it onto my external HDD. I've really been meaning to do that for months now and I've just been procrastinating at that.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Speaking of backups, I need to create a system image disk for my desktop and get a backup of it onto my external HDD. I've really been meaning to do that for months now and I've just been procrastinating at that.

I prefer Windows 8's File History and it's own recovery as it saved space and tends to be easier to use, as well as being able to cache backups. Still, a system image does have its uses.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2017
Backups? I don't bother with my computer but I try to do it with my phone, especially my old Samsung as I used a lot of custom ROMs and I had to back up data/ROMs to my sd card.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Backups? I don't bother with my computer but I try to do it with my phone, especially my old Samsung as I used a lot of custom ROMs and I had to back up data/ROMs to my sd card.

You really should do it with your computer as it's also a point of failure for your phone data. :)

I'm thinking of upgrading my laptop's memory to the maximum supported configuration, which would be 32GB/DDR3-1600 by chipset. I keep thinking that this would be a waste of money.

Years
Hmm, so the Android browser runs much smoother than Google Chrome, although it can be a pain having to open up Google on every new tab instead of a list of recent sites I've visited.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm, so the Android browser runs much smoother than Google Chrome, although it can be a pain having to open up Google on every new tab instead of a list of recent sites I've visited.

Sometimes I think it's best to stick with the latest version of the default browser for a given device, since it's the one that's designed and/or customised with the hardware and operating system in mind. If the device has its own browser, I tend to use installed browsers as secondary browsers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back