• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone strugling with Depression?

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Has anyone been strugling with or knows someone with Depression Anxiety or is Bipolar that has tips on how to handle them? thanks

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i have depression, S.A.D (social anxiety disorder) and bipolar. and i will be happy to answer any questions if i can.
    i take quite a few pills and go to talk about my feelings. (which really is a waste of money)

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Uh, my mom does. Depression, anxiety, and stress. She takes medication and I think one of them is potassium pills or whatever. She also goes to group therapy every few weeks. I'm guessing they're helping because she says so and claims that she has gotten "closer with God." I hear her laughing more too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I've chronic depression. I do not take pills. I can keep myself under control so that I don't do stupid things.

Generally, I just think about my future, and what I aim to do in it, and how I'm going to reach that goal. That's what I do to 'talk' myself out of self-injury, other persons-injury, or just laying about on the couch like a lazy bum.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I'm going through something like depression, I guess. I really wanna see this girl, but my parents are getting in my way, and it's made me really sad.

I know I've been through it before, though.

As for treatments. Well, other then prescription drugs, I don't know. I overcame past depression by letting it pass by. It hurt, but it didn't last. A good thing to do is find out what exactly is depressing you. You might not really know.

Years
  • I have, and still do from time to time, but it's not nearly as bad as it once was. I've known quite a few people who've been much worse off than me so I count myself lucky.

Exercise helps. A lot.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    i have depression, S.A.D (social anxiety disorder) and bipolar. and i will be happy to answer any questions if i can.
    i take quite a few pills and go to talk about my feelings. (which really is a waste of money)
    Sounds like me, I'm doing all those things..Id get alot of exercise but i had my 4th knee surgery not to long ago and ive been laying around doing nothing for awhile now.But all those r good ideas.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Oddly enough, the only time I've ever "struggled with depression" was when I was on anti-depressants that I didn't need (this was a few years ago). Imagine that: giving people medication they don't need screws them up!

Lazenca

Chef~
    Years
  • I've had a depression problem since my father passed away, I lost my first child (miscarriage) broke up with this girl that I fell in love with for a year recently, and finanicial problems because of the economy but I've found that exercising really does help a lot.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 20, 2022
    I'm Biopolar and I've been struggling with a lot of problems lately (grandfather dying, relationship problems, school problems, other anxiety problems, getting bullied)... usually I just try to think of other things like Politics or Video Games.

Back