• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Do You Guys Think of Pokemon Rumble?

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
I wanted to get some opinions on Pokemon Rumble. I am referring to the original at the moment, but I heard the sequel(s) are somewhat of a step up. Anyways, I really like the game. I realize it is immensely repetitive, but it's sort of a guilty pleasure for me. It's really fun to run around and smack the crap out of other Pokemon with your little wind up toy. It's also cool seeing what new moves you can get, finding new Pokemon, and participating in the Battle Royale, a giant free-for-all.

What are you guys' opinions on the series?

Years
In my opinion, it's the weakest spin-off. Mystery Dungeon and Ranger are fantastic series, but Rumble just doesn't do anything for me. I've played the first two, but didn't find them particularly enjoyable and have no intention of getting the Wii U version. It doesn't have that spark that both Mystery Dungeon and Ranger have and I feel it's a series that should be left alone.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
God, this series is a very good example of RAGE QUIT. Especially the 3DS version of it!

Basically, the toy Pokemon trap you agaisnt the walls and spam you to death. You spend the entire game repeatively pressing the B and A buttons until your fingers bleed. The final bosses are overpowered. The toy Pokemon don't even get better, evolve or even learn new moves. You have to go back and forth, back and forth.

And the storyline that they added to the newer 3DS game doesn't help much. It's not very good and very rushed. Hardly even detailed. Don't play unless you want to scream at your Wii/3DS in fury.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
A majority of people who play the rumble series don't seem to enjoy it, however I find it insanely addictive! From the first stage I was hooked (on the 3DS version by the way), it's simplicity and repetitive nature didn't hinder my experience, some levels are challenging which I definitely enjoyed.
I still haven't befriended them all, but I'll return playing it after I finish my mainstream games, I've beat the story though.
I also am planning to get the Wii U version.

Years
I've played some of it with three of my friends, but it felt very repetitive- especially since we were basically a moving wall of destruction that either eviscerated everything in our path or was destroyed instantaneously when none of us were paying attention.

I haven't played too many of the spinoffs, but it's probably far from my favorite.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Quite simply, I adore these games! I think they're a very unique spin on the classic Pokémon game play and the method of collecting new Pokémon/powering up is great - the only problem I have is that you can't use any Pokémon you'd like as quite a few are far too strong or far too weak to be valid candidates as your Pokémon. I preferred the Wii Rumble version as this is a game that really didn't need a story like they gave it in the 3DS version and I also preferred using a Wii controller to play it. It was also kind of annoying that they left out shiny Pokémon from the 3DS version when the Wii version included them, but what can ya do haha.

Back