• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
With the recent announcement of the Bayonetta sequel actually being made, it has got me back on a kick of replaying the first one all over again (for about the seventh time now). I also saw there was no real thread for it and being one of my favorite games ever, I saw the opportunity!

What did you guys enjoy the most about the first one? For me, it was the fact that Bayonetta was such a badass and had unique powers. While the story got kind of convoluted in the end in my opinion, Bayonetta shined as a character. While the supporting cast was kind of iffy for me, that's something I hope gets improved upon in the sequel.

Speaking of what you'd like to see get improved on in the sequel, what would you like to see. They don't even have to be improvements per se. Just things you'd like to see added to the game. I want more creative combos, new uses for Bayonetta's hair, awesome new angels to slaughter and more witches appearing to kick Bayonetta's ass.

Also what do you think they might do with the Wii U's unique controller? What do you hope doesn't change from the original in the sequel?

A little teaser trailer thing-y too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirJAOc2D3k

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I wasn't really a fan of the story or the cast but I really liked the gameplay. It was fast-paced and fun and it's one of the few games where I didn't find the combos overly complex or difficult to pull off. So I liked the game, but not enough that I'll be getting a Wii U to play its sequel. I'd get the sequel if it were coming out for a console I already own but... yeah. Passing on this one. :( I really, really hate the decision to put it on Wii U.

Hopefully it gets a port to another console, eventually. Even if the ports end up being inferior because they lack the touch controls from that special Wii controller, I'd be content playing a watered down game just to actually be able to play it. :/

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I could never play Bayo since I don't own a console. Too bad platinum never makes PC games. :( Anyway, I've seen a lot of combat videos and I must say that it looked like the best hack n slash game ever since Devil May Cry 3. Yet to play so can't really say what my experience was. :P But yeah, I'll probably be picking it up as soon as I get a console.

Also, I can see that Platinum are being flamed a lot over Bayo 2's exclusivity to WiiU. I wish fans would understand that if Nintendo didn't buy the exclusivity rights to it, the game probably wouldn't have seen the light of the day. EVER. Especially after all those rumors of its cancellation were going around..

KonohaSkye

Gamer 4 Life
Years
I have been tempted to play this game. How dark is it though? So dark and bloody or just
a bit dark?

As for the "fans" sending death threats to the makers and Nintendo....wow that is just crazy.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
On the note about the "fans" sending death threats to Nintendo and Platinum Games: If Nintendo didn't picked up published the game, this game would never see the light of day. Furthermore, if they were such big fans, where were they when Sega cancelled the game?

Anyway, never really paid attention to the story to be honest, but I enjoyed the gameplay. This was due to the fact I didn't own a PS3 and 360 so I only played it at a busy friend's place. XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2012
When I saw someone uploaded a "Bayonetta 2 trailer" in my Youtube subscription box I started flipping out. I loved the first game, it had a charm that I haven't seen any other game have and style that could easily rival DMC. It is one of my fav action games of the PS3 and even though its coming out on the Wii U I still couldn't be happier. I just never even thought there would be a sequel.

I didn't have a reason to buy the Wii U, but now Nintendo gave me a damn good one. I'm not sure how it'll be implemented, but I hope its more "traditional", in other words you'd be using that pad thats supposed to come out with the system too.

Back