• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X&Y's Pokécenter & Pokémart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
In gen 5, we saw that the Pokécenter & Pokémart were merged into one building. Would you say this can remain good option for Gen 6? Do you have any new ideas of what they can do to shape the structure(s) of the Pokécenter & Pokémart, in regards of finding everything around in Gen 6? In addition with the Pokémart, could/should there be more selections of items available for purchase? What types of items should be added for purchase, and what items can possibly be removed? (for example, should Evolution stones be sold?)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sure it'll remain the same. It was a well recepted change, so I think it's here to stay.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Like Syd, I'd say the combination of the PokéCenter and PokéMart are here to stayl. Going back to split buildings would be a step back for them [and us]. Although, that wouldn't be something new for Pokémon to do. But I see them remaining the same as they were in Black and White and B2/W2.

As for items, if I recall correctly, each generation has always added some more to what we can purchase. So, I think we're bound to see some extra items appear as well as new ones. I think evolution stones may be reserved for the larger department store, but I'd hope things like that will be found scattered amongst the region too ─ which they likely will be.

Years
I'd like the two to stay merged, and the further the player progresses, the more items are available. I would like to be able to purchase more VM's, though.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
I liked having PokeCenters and Marts in one building. What I didn't like was how, before the Elite Four, you have to basically write down somewhere where each special PokeBall was sold, and which cities had TMs for sale. Maybe it was easy for others, but it was very, very difficult for me to keep track of where things were sold besides the standard provisions. So for me at least, I'm hoping there will just be a way to see which Marts sell which special items without having to go from city to city checking.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
It was easier combined, so we don't have to travel between 2 buildings. Besides, the experience didn't really change from before, when we had separate buildings for the pokemon center and the pokemart.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I think doing away with the Pokemon Mart and incorporating it into the Center allows for me space to work with in a Town or City so there is another benefit to why I believe they should stay. It's easy access to me, cause I got to heal up so when I get done and maybe I need some more Pokeballs I can get them all at one place. It's kind of the idea like Super Walmart. You can get everything you need under one roof.

gunnerpow7

☆ キレイハナ Kireihana ☆
Years
I'd prefer since we'd get a 3D world, we should get two separate floors, one for the Pokemon Center and one for the Pokemart. But yes, I am okay with B/W's

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
I thought it was a good idea to combine 'em in Gen. V as it was a lot more convenient, so hopefully they'll stay the same. Same for having more items available for sale at the Pokemart the more you progressed due to convenience and whatnot. As for what to sell, I think the general stock of items (Potions, Revives, Status healing items, Poke/Great/Ultra Balls, Escapes Ropes, Repels, etc.) should stay the same, and, like in past games, certain locations could sell the various special Balls, mail, and TMs.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
If they have customization in the game, then there should be a section in the Pokémon Mart where you can buy accessories as well as a section for buying normal items.

As for the Pokémon Center, I think there would be the normal stuff that you would find in the Pokémon Center like the Wireless and Online battling areas as well as the Union Room.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
Aesthetically, I liked the blue Mart building. :3

But it was convenient to have both of them under one roof, so I would welcome it once again.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
In gen 5, we saw that the Pokécenter & Pokémart were merged into one building. Would you say this can remain good option for Gen 6? Do you have any new ideas of what they can do to shape the structure(s) of the Pokécenter & Pokémart, in regards of finding everything around in Gen 6? In addition with the Pokémart, could/should there be more selections of items available for purchase? What types of items should be added for purchase, and what items can possibly be removed? (for example, should Evolution stones be sold?)

Yeah it seems a lot easier than going to go heal up, putting up with Nurse Joy's speech, and then running to the mart which seems to get farther from the center each time xD

I say that for the mart it should be divided into sections, but without elevators, I like what B/W did. and for the center... meh nothing xD

I think maybe a devolution item would be cool, but I can't really think of anything atm

LapLace1500

I just ride....
Years
Think they will most likely keep the two together. It would be nice to see some new items, but there will be considering each gen has new items. Evolution stones sold in shops would be more convenient but I highly doubt that would happen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd like it exactly the same. No change whatsoever, it was very useful in Unova, and if they change it they just might spoil it, or at least how good it actually is. :(

blue

gucci
Years
I prefer them to be separate but if they introduced this in Gen V then I can see it sticking around, I doubt they would just do it for one generation then revert back to the separate buildings.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
IcUNO.jpg

The trailer showed a town, and you can see most of the town, or at least what looks like most. I can't see a mart, but the Pokémon Center has Blue things on the roof, which would suggest Marts are still in the PC.

I've no problem with this, just the towns seem to be empty without to resourceful buildings, It's a general tradition in RPGs to have a building for healing and a separate one for shopping, unless it's an important or final area, like a Colosseum of the League.

I'd like a shop for elemental stone, with new Pokemon being made, they'll most likely without a doubt need stones, and new ones. I don't like how the newer games limit you on the stones you get with only finding them in caves and dungeons, and various one place findings, there's more pokemon that need to evolve with them, than the amount you can find.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
I actually would like them separate, maybe just for nostalgia. I don't really care in the end though, I think it's a pretty small thing, so I would be happy either way

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
As long as they still use the Pokemart theme for this gen's super mart, then let the Pokemon Center and normal Pokemart stay merged. Speaking of the super mart, they better bring back the evolutions on sale like Gen 1.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
It was received well and was very convenient, so I'm sure that they'll keep it, but I do really miss them being separate. It felt more natural.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back