• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Genesis

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Veemon.png
    Hawkmon.png
    Leormon.png
    Digimon
    Lunamon.png
    Wormmon.png
    Kudamon.gif

GENESIS

Seven_Great_Demon_Lords.jpg

Veemon.png
    Synopsis
    Spoiler:

Hawkmon.png
    Information
    Spoiler:

Leormon.png
    Digidestined
    Spoiler:

Lunamon.png
    Digimon
    Spoiler:

Wormmon.png
    Extras
    Spoiler:

Kudamon.gif
    Episodes
    Spoiler:

----------

"Genesis"

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    This was an interesting start. Probably because I'm not used to older characters with Digimon. Are they known as Chosen or DigiDestined or Tamer in your fic? I'm looking forward to more of their back story, like how they were chosen, and why those particular humans. Though maybe I'm still stuck in how the anime does things.

Digivolution is interesting in this. Gone is the need to have a burst of shared energy and putting yourself in danger. I'm looking forward to seeing how these new D-Touches work, and if there's any limits put on them, since it seems like evolution is kind of easy to make happen.

I will say that your writing has really improved between your old Pokemon fics and this. Right now, I will say that the only things I noticed are grammar-related (but I wasn't really looking that deeply). It's mostly how you punctuate dialogue. Like

Xander nodded his head towards the closet, "We kind of already hung them up for you."
    The comma after "closet" should actually be a full stop.

It's just things like this that I noticed. Maybe just a read-through before you post will catch those, since at other lines you know how to punctuate.

Really, that's all I'll say for now until I see more, since this is just getting started.

Also, those Digimon images are adorable and thank you for leading me to another Digimon site.

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Thanks for the review Astinus! I'll admit, I'm a bit... off when it comes to realizing where and how to punctuate quoted dialogue, but I will continue to keep your critique in mind when developing my future chapters!

Yes! Traditionally, Digimon is centered around younger characters, but I think it would make for a much more interesting and emotional story if the characters were at least of legal age. This would leave room for more plots to do since the characters are capable of doing things that younger kids couldn't do (clubbing, drinking, relationships, etc.). I'm interested myself to see how things turn out as I write. (:

As far digivolving, yes it appears a bit easy given the circumstances, but I plan to elaborate a bit more on that topic and much more down the road.

I'm glad you enjoyed the first episode!

To my anonymous readers as well, thank you! Episode 2 will (hopefully) be up pretty soon! I am currently in the process of mapping out each episode, figuring out what exactly I want to happen for each of the characters in the story. I promise to not disappoint you!

~TK

Back