• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Favourite Unova Gym Leader

Who is your favourite Unova Gym Leader so far?

• Cilan

Votes: 21 23.9%
  • Chili

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Cress

• Lenora

Votes: 10 11.4%
  • Burgh

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Elesa

• Clay

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Skyla

• Brycen

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Drayden

• Iris

Votes: 16 18.2%

• Total voters

SilentShadow

Agent of Mystery
Years
  • Skyla

Second favorite type (favorite type out of all leader types)
    and the fact that i may or may not have been attracted to her when i first saw her...

SchwarzRozen

Sugary Delight
    Years
  • I have three favorites, and it depends on there teams, personality and apperence.

Personality - Clay
    Apperence - Skyla
    Team - Elesa

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I thought I'd answered this already... huh!

Anyhoo, final-gym leaders tend to be my favourite in most of the games, and this is no exception. Though I didn't battle against her, having played Black instead of White, Iris would have to take this. Dragon critters are cool, and I like her design a lot more than that of Drayden, who just screams 'crusty bitter old man' too much for my liking.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • ^ I agree about Drayden...and what's up with his beard...it's so strange...
    Anywho my favorite gym leader has got to be Iris because of how funny it is to hear of her trying to find her way around the big city (castelia). Also her anime personality isn't all that bad, I loved the way she teased Ash at the begginning.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2012

Dento (Cilan)
    Hes Yanapu (Pansage) Rocks!

I watch japanese anime... original storyline!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Dento (Cilan)
    Hes Yanapu (Pansage) Rocks!

I watch japanese anime... original storyline!

Well this is more based on the games actually, than the anime, not entirely sure if it's fully for anime or not so not going to delete. Did you like him in the games? Do you think his Pansage was awesome to face? As for me I was kinda like "meehhh" because most of the time I had Cress, but still, when I faced Cilan like once he was just pretty disappointing to face. The monkey Pokemon are better from the game freak dude imo.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Cilan, Lenora, and Clay. ♥

I like Cilan mainly 'cause of the anime ofc. He's flamboyant and weird and actually a bit nerdy and great. But Lenora and Clay I met first through the games and really like them. Clay is tough and brash and practical and kind of a grumpy middle-aged man and I love him. And Lenora is smart and bold and fun and doesn't take any ****. ♥ I just really like those three haha.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    The Striaton Trio and their adorable attitudes and costumes are definitely my favorite Gym Leaders of Unova, but my favorite of the three is definitely Chili and his (pardon me) fiery personality!

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Skyla, she's the one that looks like a real gym leader in these games I think. Then I love the flying-type, even if I have to admit that I don't like her team at all.

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • i picked iris for being such a challenge for me especially cos i usually dont have ice or dragon types in my party.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    My two favourites would be Lenora & Elesa. I just find their characters the best and found their involvement in the story slightly more interesting than the others.

My least favourite would be Brycen, mainly because I absolutely whupped his ass to the curb with my Darmanitan during my first run through of Pokemon White. He never even managed to attack me. I've had normal trainers who have given me more trouble than him. 7th gym leader...really?

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
  • Of course I'm gonna be the guy who picks Elesa but not solely based on her appearance, but the fact that she uses electric types which are my favorite. I personally think she should've been a bit more challenging though.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I like Skyla the best because of her design and I love flying types C: I wish they had included her a bit more, though, that would have been cool. (Like how Iris appeared in Castelia City). Iris's design really bothers me for some reason, but I like her personality so she'd go second.

The Grubby Pup

Where's mah shiny squeaky ball
    Years
  • I like Skyla the best because of her design and I love flying types C: I wish they had included her a bit more, though, that would have been cool. (Like how Iris appeared in Castelia City). Iris's design really bothers me for some reason, but I like her personality so she'd go second.
    Yeah, I like Skyla's design too; and...Among other reasons too. LOL

And since no other gym leader REALLY stuck out, dat's da other reason why. She's also da most memorable with da shooting out da cannons and all.

Also, I like her B/W2 animation...I haven't played da game yet, just saw somebody playin' on YT.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2020
    Drayden. I love that jaw-beard thing he has. His Gym isn't one of the easiest ones, too, but in BW2 his AI somewhat... failed (for lack of a better word). I also love Skyla because she's, well, hot. Her Gym is pretty easy, though.

Back