• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Microphone makes a loud screeching sound

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    My mic makes a loud screeching sound whenever it is used... any ideas as to how to fix this? It is built in, by the way.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Fix: You must physically relocate the microphone and move it away from the speakers...or move the speakers away OR mute the microphone output, so that no feedback loop is established.

This means you need to go into your volume control program and MUTE the microphone. This means you may not hear your own voice when you speak into it, but it's still recording, just not outputting the sound to the speakers. (if you don't believe me, then mute the microphone, start Sound Recorder and record something.)

You may be able to reduce the volume of the microphone output, but that isn't guaranteed to work. Additionally, you can plug headphones into the computer, instead of speakers. This eliminates the problem as well.

Depending on what model your Sound Card is, you may be able to enable "Noise Cancellation", which will put a stop to the screeching. This is common in most decent OEM soundcard brands like Realtek

Back