• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I found some programs I don't recognise.

Years
  • I have a program on my computer located by McAfee's virus scan called Dialer-RAS.at.gen.

I do not recognise this file, and am not certian wether to delete it or not. Do any of you recognise the file, or have any advice?

Also, I found several files called Adware, is this a file to delete or leave alone?

Thanks in advance

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Anything that an Anti-Virus program picks up, remove it >_> I reccomend doing that always. That Dialer-RAS.at.gen. thing you got might be serious. Dialers actually dial a number from your computer. So if your running a dial up connection, it might have dialed someplace. It could be some high toll line, and if you get some expensive phone call on your next bill, then looks like they won and too bad for you. Thats why this is a virus, and not just Ad/Spy ware.Well.. good luck on your next phone bill, I suppose

Gr8person62.2

*Insert_Evil_Music_Here*
    Years
  • Spybot is better. It knows where the spyware is, and searches for it there. Ad-Aware scans your whole puter. Ad-Aware misses a lot of things too. I once Ran Ad-Aware, got rid of 3 spywares, then Spybot right after that, and had another 7... and yes I did update the reference file.

Back