• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • @Mog The Moogle: I do, but I'm not exactly rushing. I'm taking it nice and slow so that I can enjoy every little crevice...

oh lucky you. i have to start all over because of that damn Lumiose City save bug.:'(

hey before i start on my opening post, i noticed that you have like this really cool backround thingy on your posts in the ic thread. how do you do that? exept, i don't want pink of course! xD

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • @Mog The Moogle: That's CSS, and I'm afraid I simply cannot offer CSS tutorials. If you can take the code and re-customize it to work for you that's great though.

Years
  • @Mog The Moogle: That's CSS, and I'm afraid I simply cannot offer CSS tutorials. If you can take the code and re-customize it to work for you that's great though.

oh i viewed your post by clicking the "quote" button below it and I saw the CSS code. I can figure out how to change it because i can simply play with it and eventually figure out what does what. lol

also, i posted on the IC thread finally. It took alot of thinking about how Lucian gets the egg.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Name: Charles Zernas

Sex: Male

Dorm: Suicune Dorm

Appearance: Charles is 5'1 and he weighs 93 pounds. Charles' hair is a dark brown, almost black, although distinguishable in the light. He wears his hair straight, with one half brushed to the right. However, after he goes on his journey his hair is not brushed. Sometimes after sleeping he gets one lone hair sticking strait up. Charles' eyes are a light blue. Charles wears a blue jacket with two Pokéball symbols on each shoulder, a darker blue. The shirt inside his jacket is a white plain shirt with a picture of a slowpoke on the back. He usually keeps his jacket zipped up though. His pants are a dark red, and they have green pockets (It clashes but he doesn't care what he looks like.) shaped as Pokéballs. He wears a backpack, which is black, and a little smaller than he is. The backpack makes his back hurt occasionally, so he is thinking to buy a new one, however he carries a lot of stuff with him. He also wears a black woolen hat when it is cold. Charles generally looks sloppy. He leaves everything unattended to, as his hair is not always combed straight, and sometimes has one lone piece of hair sticking up. Of course this is all due to the fact that he is rid of parents. I mean who is neat at a boarding school?

Personality: Charles is a very nervous and talkative person. He talks a lot because of his constant nervousness. He also cracks easily under pressure. His flute is symbolic for him of calm, and it is really the only thing that helps to calm him down. He doesn't get a lot of sleep, and sometimes has very strange dreams involving his flute. He has always wanted a calm Pokémon. However he got Swift, which who hyperactive. So he doesn't want Swift, but gets stuck with him and begins to like him. He has a nervous tick of tapping his fingers on the ground, which he does when he is stressed out. He could never stand up to a bully, unless he was helped out.

History: Charles lived in Snowpoint City. Charles' father was an archeologist, and when Charles was two, he left for a very dangerous expedition into Lake Acuity, as there was a large cave discovered in the middle of it. He went into the cave, and disappeared for two weeks. Charles' mother was very afraid, and had a heart attack out of nervousness. That event traumatized Charles early in his life, and was the source of all of the worrying. However, Charles' father came back after those two weeks, and shortly after Charles' mother recovered. Charles' father however, was traumatized by the experience under Lake Acuity. All he came back with was a flute.

Charlie's father told him about the ordeal. He would talk about the opening of the cave. His partner and him jumped into the water in suits. There was a Lumineon swimming by. It acted unusually afraid of them and water gunned as it swam away. There was a forest of kelp below, and the giant cave gaping behind that. They swam down into the forest. There was a Squirtle, which went into its shell and hid. The kelp behind them rustled. A large shadow of a Whiscash, swam over. It entered the cave. Suddenly his partner was gone. He looked around frantically, and headed for the cave. When he got inside his partner was no where to be found. He saw a flute on the floor so he picked it up and-
    He always went misty eyed and started babbling about ice and water. If you asked him to repeat the story, he would look oblivious and then proceed to tell it in a trance-like state. So Charles' mother decided it would be best to move away from Lake Acuity, and get some country air. So they moved to Twinleaf town when Charles was three.

Charles always loved nature. He disliked cold, and would never like to go back to Snowpoint for multiple reasons. He disliked Lake Acuity, and he hated cold, as he had become accustomed to the warmth of Twinleaf. He also loved swimming in the lake, and water types became his favorite types. He would play on his flute, and fish would jump out. He had also found an interesting tune, that made Pokemon happy. He would spend a lot of his time in the river, and observed the farmers farming. That was his least favorite possibility of a job. He also didn't want to be an archeologist after seeing what happened to his dad. It was the first of 200. He decided to pick up his nerves and ask the local Pokemon professor, Rowan, for a Pokémon. Rowan gave Charles six Pokeballs to catch his first Pokemon. Charles didn't know much about Pokemon at the time, and didn't hope to catch a Pokemon, so he went to the river, and caught Swift.
    After his ordeal with Swift, Charles managed to catch a Starly, which he evolved. He parents decided it would be best to send him to a school, so he was sent off to this school at the age of 13.

Pokémon:
    Species: Buizel
    Nickname: Swift
    Personality: Swift has a rambunctious personality, and doesn't let much scare him. He loves to 'troll' his trainer by spraying water in his face. However, when the time comes to be serious, he will be. He is also a very loving Pokemon, as he will comfort his trainer when he is in one of his fits, or will comfort a Pokemon when it is sad. He loves to climb around Charles' neck, and perches there when they are on a trip. Swift grew up in the lake near Twinleaf with his mother Floatzel, and two brothers. One of his brothers was extremely serious, and the other one was very mean. However, his mother did not see the older brother as mean. So Swift had to cope by being a big trouble maker, essentially to keep out of trouble with his brother. The day Charles caught him, he was swimming to fetch an Oran Berry for his brother, so he was caught completely by surprise, and gave in, as he didn't want to go back.
    Lvl: 17
    Moves: - Aqua Tail
    - SonicBoom
    - Growl
    - Water Sport
    - Quick Attack
    - Water Gun

Species: Staravia
    Nickname:
    Personality: Staravia believes that it owns whatever part of the land it flies over. Having a "queen of the sky" mentality, it will attack anything or anyone it feels is threatening her reign. It is extremely battle ready and, for the most part, is somewhat serious. Staravia does not have a good relationship with Charles at the current time, as in for the way he caught her, defenseless with a broken leg. Having just flown towards the plains for some food, a storm started. Daring the storm she flew across the sky, looking down on the more feeble, but higher level Pokemon flying away. She flew high into the clouds. Too high. A bolt of lightning hit her, and she tumbled to the ground. Tumbling to the ground, she broke her left wing on a sharp rock. Charles saved her, and he had to catch her to fix her up. She hates him because of that.
    Lvl: 16
    Moves:- Tackle
    - Growl
    - Wing Attack
    - Quick Attack
    - Double Team

Dawn

Years
  • @Ewery1: Hmm... I had a slightly hard time reading some of your history. Make sure to keep your writing clear to avoid awkward situations where everyone has to stop RPing so they can spend time figuring out what's going on. Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and approve this. Welcome!

@Mog The Moogle: We really don't discriminate between times of day other than 'day' and 'night', and right now it's day.

Years
  • @Ewery1: Hmm... I had a slightly hard time reading some of your history. Make sure to keep your writing clear to avoid awkward situations where everyone has to stop RPing so they can spend time figuring out what's going on. Regardless, I'm going to go ahead and approve this. Welcome!

@Mog The Moogle: We really don't discriminate between times of day other than 'day' and 'night', and right now it's day.

oh, okay thanks! I kinda assumed it was day time anyways,but i had to make sure. :)

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
    Years
  • Okay so, I've had a quick read over my older posts and I have a good idea where everyone is at and what they are doing. However I have just two things I need some help with,
    1. Just to clarify it is Christmas Day correct?
    2. Any one have any tips on how to carry on my characters story after I suddenly left him in the middle of a battle?

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • It is Christmas day, not sure about the last one, but I guess make up some way to draw him away, another bigger Pixelmon interrupting.

Now a question from me, the TMs in Oak town are not free right? One other thingy

Wild pokemon that are caught will be at lvl 20.

• While pokemon's stronger evolved forms can be found in the wild, you aren't allowed to catch them unless they evolve at or before level 20.

• When a pokemon participates in a battle against a catchable wild pokemon it gains 1 level, but only up to level 45. After level 45, they gain nothing.

• On the other hand, when a pokemon participates in a battle against a wild pokemon that is higher level and thus can't be caught, it can gain one level without any further restrictions.

So, ALL pokemon caught are level 20, does that mean I can't catch any Pokemon till I have a level 20 Pokemon, also what moves do they have?

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @WooliestSteam1: Mmhm. The easiest way to advance your characters personal arc is to have your character meet up with other characters or plan something with other RPers. One of the main themes of this RP is freedom. Generally speaking as long as nobody is breaking the few rules I've set up and nobody is getting upset at anyone I just do not step in.

@Ewery1: You can catch any pokemon your pokemon is strong enough to defeat. It's also possible to befriend pokemon without battling them, though this is uncommon. As for moves, wild pokemon generally only have access to their normal level up moves and maybe an egg move or two from the list of moves they can learn in the games. Trained pokemon can have any move they want via the TMs in Oak Town so long as it was possible to have said moves in the games without cheating.

To buy a TM of your own is very expensive, though one-time-use TMs still exist and are much cheaper though still costing a pretty penny. Only wealthy students can afford the kinds of TMs that can be reused.

Of course, you could just come across another student willing to share! There are plenty of students, including NPCs, at the academy with the money to snag a few.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Oh okay, and just to clarify, all caught Pokemon are level 20?

EDIT: One last thing, can evolutionary items be bought, or only found?

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
  • @Ewery1: Yes, though there is once again no rule about reducing the level of your pokemon at will. I'd imagine evolutionary items that aren't fire, water or leaf stones would be very expensive.

Dawn

Years
  • I just realized I forgot to add X and Y teachers to the cast. I don't know how it slipped my brain for so long. (I was probably waiting to see them ingame. |D)

I'll fix this soon.

Edit: Done!

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
    Years
  • Just wanted to inform everyone that on Saturday (Oct, 26th) I'm going on a graduation trip to Brazil for a week and so I'll be unable to log in here. I'll be back by November, 4th

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Oh nice, congrats! I hope you have a great time.

EDIT: Can flying type Pokemon who can support your weight fly you around without learning the move fly?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back