• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Being Attacked

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Ok, I have been attacked on this site, just for my opinions and ideas. People want me to listen to them but when I try to get someone to listen to me I'm attacked and given a Reputation, for being Stuborn or not listenig. I am listening to others, but if they want me to listen to them, they must listen to me as well, and not attack me for it. And please don't attack me on this thread either. I will listen to what you think about this. But only if you'll listen to my side of the story as well. I have that right as a member on this site to be listened to you know.

No posting mean comments or saying I'm being stuborn.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well if its all shut up noob or yeah whatever stop with your nonsense i understand how you would feel to be attacked but if its constructive criticism thendont complain. I mean they are merely stating there opinion about your opinions and why. Which one of the 2 do you get attacked with?

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • if other users are attacking you personally or 'flaming' you, you should report it to the mod of that forum.. or to an upper staff member.

We want ALL members to enjoy their time here and we (the staff) will do what we can to ensure that.

Also, don't take being rude or to the point when someone replies as an attack (if that is what it is) or, as stated above, if its poorly worded constructive criticism, just take it for what it is: an opinion-based criticism.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I tried reporting it to mods and they wouldn't listen, they took, there side, but I still feel like I'm being attacked here, and I'm not having a good time on the forums

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well if they are on the sides of the others then your reporting just very badly worded constructive criticism. take it as that.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    can you at least try to understand my side of the story, and not take sides here please, it's not that I'm not listening, I just want someone to listen to my side of the story as well

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Im listening! And im not taking sides.And now i get this thread. Its useless. He was posting constructive criticism about your game and he was right. It needs improvment in a lot of areas.

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    he was trying to make me change a storyline that I liked, and saying I don't have a story when I do

Years
  • I'm making this post on the basis that you're talking about this thread.

You posted your personal opinion, which is perfectly okay. However, the only direction that topic was ever going to take was other users contesting your opinion. I pointed out the holes in your theory (alternate colour Pokémon not existing in Generation I, and alternate colour having no positive effect on stats whatsoever - indeed, alternate colour Pokémon were statistically weaker due to how the colour was calculated), and several other people compared both screenshots from the anime and sprites from the games, all of which showed that the official alternate colour sprite was a lot darker in colour than Ash's Pikachu. You then took the perfectly valid discussion that was occurring in that thread to be personal attacks on your belief, for some reason. No one was attacking you, no one was threatening you. We simply provided empirical evidence (i.e. evidence pertaining from experience, in that we showed you why your theory was faulted), and you took that to be some sort of totalitarian attack on your beliefs. No one was forcing you to change your belief that Ash's Pikachu is alternately coloured, but you seemed to take offence from people stating their own opinions - the very thing that you did in the first post.

True, some users were very rude to you, so if it means anything I'll apologise on their behalf, but those members who were perfectly civil were most certainly not attacking you. You perhaps need to be a little more accepting and open-minded, as opposed to stubbornly sticking to your beliefs and then backing them up with a half-baked idea derived from Christianity.

EDIT: Ah, I see you're talking about a different thread. I'll take a look at the one which your issue stems from.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    now I'm being attacked here. I've already reported how I'm being treated to the owner, of Pokecommunity, and I won't be coming back to look at this thread anymore

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Ok good kthnxbai. Seriously your to uptight for a forum like this. Tghe whole of pc is too opinion based for an uptight person like you. And i read the thread erebus posted and well eyah. PC isnt made for you. Thats a basic sum up of it really. You cant take opinions thus making you think we are attacking.

Years
  • Konekodemon, is it the post by Mence Master in this thread that you have a problem with? Because he really is speaking the truth - your plot is so similar to that of the first episodes of the anime it's not funny. You have your male character filling the role of Ash (and on top of that, he has a Pikachu - an alternately coloured one, which ties in with your belief that Ash's Pikachu is alternately coloured), and a female character who fills the role of Misty, even down to her bike being burnt to a crisp. Then, the two characters run to Viridian to help their Pokémon, both passed out from exhaustion (hmm, where have we seen that before?), whereupon Team Rocket attack the Pokémon Centre. All you've done is described the plot of the first two episodes, with Misty replaced by another trainer. As I said before, you could try being a bit more open-minded, perhaps nicely asking Mence Master (or whoever it is you have a problem with) to explain their comments, remaining civil at all times.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If it is that thread, the thread is in my section, so you should bring it to my attention. You said that you reported it to the mods, but I've heard nothing.

But you should always talk to a staff member of the section the thread in question is if you feel that you're not being treated fairly. The staff wants to make sure that everyone enjoys their time on PC, and is willing to step in to end arguments or deal with problems.

If you are having a problem in PFF&P or Other Writing, bring it to my attention no matter what. I will admit to not checking the most recent posts in your thread there, due to an extreme increase in work hours at my job, but if there is a problem, I want to hear about it. So even if you think it's a small problem, you should still talk to me about it.

Same with any other section. Talk to the mods.

Right now, though, after looking at that post by Mence Master, he is correct, albeit a little blunt. Your fanfic does follow the plot of the anime rather closely, as Erebus explained. Mence Master (and, subsequently, Erebus) left you what is called "constructive criticism". Listening to their advice will help you improve your fanfiction writing skills and help you become a better writer. They are helping you turn your fanfic from a story that just follows the anime into an original story. If you listen to them, then your story will improve. I should know. I learned the same lesson.

Still, I reiterate: Talk to the mods of the section first.

...Oops. *wipes up*

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Erebus has really hit the nail on the head here.
    This is a forum with many members and you need to be prepared to accept that some people will disagree with you. Mence Master did not attack you at all, it was a perfectly valid point; and now you are throwing around accusations that nobody is listening to you. Chill out and learn how to take criticism, you will never improve your fanfics if you don't listen to criticism.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It appears to me...that you are less wanting people to be fair than you are wanting people to constantly agree with you. ...Look, there will always be other sides to an opinion, just as there will always be people willing to fight for their opinion against others. This is a fact of life, not only on PC but everywhere. You need to realize that not everybody will agree on everything.

And no, I am not trying to attack you here. I am simply trying to help you to understand.

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    Looks like post #8 is directed at me...wow.
    If you want me to bow down to your lack-of-a-story you posted yesterday, or whenever, it won't happen. I tried to be nice about it. I even gave you a few compliments for originality that you don't deserve anymore. Sorry, but I have every right to say that something like 'everyone said you were a bad coordinator and then you become the next top coordinator' is not a story. It's a cliche that doesn't even make up a story. It's not interesting. It's not engaging. Your character evidently had no personality into him/her; if you post in the story forum, you're bound to run into me, and I'm bound to expect some thought into what you've posted, not a three-second let's hack Emerald like the newest guy who tried to delete himself.
    I even spent the time kindly writing a PM to you attempting to explain my position, and evidently that got nowhere. And, quite frankly, telling me to 'go away' in your topic is not proper netiquette.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Look, I will be very nice right now about respect.

The world goes on facts, not opinions.

I see your thread about Ash's Pikachu being shiny was an opinion, however, due to realization of being wrong, you kept up in your opinion, which was wrong because "The World goes on facts"

I do not think you are being attacked, first of all, I think you are being criticized, which is very different from flaming.

If they are telling you that you are being stubborn, annoying, or badly behaved, they are trying to correct you because something you did somewhere, was wrong.

You are only being attacked when it gets to the point were they swear at you or type in caps. For the time being, I can't believe you are being flamed or trolled because I've seen members complain of their criticism before. However, they are just being corrected, by experience, I had to learn the hard way both are two different worlds. You'll understand, there was no reason for you to be attacked.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you're upset about the story, I mean seriously, my post was more offensive than that of Mence Master's. But he is right, as everyone has stated. In the fan fiction section, we like to see more than the normal thing in an OT fic. We don't want to see another Ash running around.

As for the other thread, it's pretty obvious that Ash's Pikachu is not shiny. I don't really see much of an attack, I just see people trying to implement the comparisons into your head.

Being attacked in general, it's the internet. It's going to happen. You're going to have the people that agree with you, and the people that just find you rather annoying. You'll just have to deal with it.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    The world is full of people who may not agree with others. Why would you let something on a forum get you that upset? People stay stuff, we have to take it calmly.

Back