• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RP Idea: Nation Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
Years
  • Grand Duchy kind of suits my names, doesn't it? ^^

Anyway, this sounds like a big challenge, but not an unpleasant one. Sounds like fun. I'd definitely try.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I already have my nation's name all set up, so now I'll just wait for this thing to lift off.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Alright Jack, I'll join your RP. :D When you mentioned the idea of having my own fangirl nation, that got me going. I think I can manage to pull together some RPing skills... It would make Shiney proud, I know.

Just tell me what I have to do and keep me updated. <3

Actually, I need to know about characters like... how does that work? D:

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Alright Jack, I'll join your RP. :D When you mentioned the idea of having my own fangirl nation, that got me going. I think I can manage to pull together some RPing skills... It would make Shiney proud, I know.

Just tell me what I have to do and keep me updated. <3

Actually, I need to know about characters like... how does that work? D:
    Like I said, this isn't your traditional RP. Since you're roleplaying an entire nation, you're roleplaying its entire population by extension. Out of necessity, you're going to need to flesh out some of your country's more important citizens; politicians and military personnel are the most logical choices.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • Like I said, this isn't your traditional RP. Since you're roleplaying an entire nation, you're roleplaying its entire population by extension. Out of necessity, you're going to need to flesh out some of your country's more important citizens; politicians and military personnel are the most logical choices.

That's going to be a problem. I mean If I had something to go by, like a form of sorts to use just for practice then I would know what I'm dealing with... I want to think about my country first but... I'm not sure how easy it will be. >_<

Also, if for example we get this Rp going, is there a chance of having said anime characters of choice to go to my country... say for anime conventions or something? I was just wondering.

liveitout

What? Where?
    Years
  • Judging from your pseudo-Germanies, the Cold War is still going strong. Is that going to be a significant aspect of the roleplay?

Once the roleplay begins, can we draw all of our countries on one enormous map? (This is going to be so awesome.)

An organization like the UN would be nice, just to keep war from breaking out at the drop of a pin.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Judging from your pseudo-Germanies, the Cold War is still going strong. Is that going to be a significant aspect of the roleplay?

Once the roleplay begins, can we draw all of our countries on one enormous map? (This is going to be so awesome.)

An organization like the UN would be nice, just to keep war from breaking out at the drop of a pin.
    Depending on how people make their countries, there may or may not be still be a Cold War going strong in this continuity.

A map would indeed be much appreciated, but someone better at graphics than me should make it.

By the way, there won't be a United Nations at first, but if there's enough demand for it, it can be formed. There can also be provisions for other alliances along the lines of NATO or the Warsaw Pact if people so desire.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I'll probably create a nation that is a Constitutional Monarchy; however, there is a dictator who really controls the shots in the country.

Also, I believe that when we get this RP started, and a huge war breaks out, it would be time to create our own version of the U.N.

@ Jack: Will we be starting in modern times (say around 1940 and up) or the old world (Mayan Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Zulu Empire, etc.)?

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    @ Jack: Will we be starting in modern times (say around 1940 and up) or the old world (Mayan Empire, Holy Roman Empire, Zulu Empire, etc.)?
    As a rule of thumb, the general technology level is that of today, with two very significant exceptions:

1. Nuclear power, but no actual nuclear weapons unless you invest in developing them.
    2. Advanced rocketry and satellites, but no ICBMs or manned spacecraft unless you invest in developing them.

If it was going to be pre-1940s, then why would I have gone to all the trouble of compiling all those lists of modern aircraft, ships, and ground vehicles?

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    @ Jack: I didn't even see your post regarding all the modern vehices. My bad.

My country will definitely invest in nuclear weapons of mass destruction. ^___^

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Can countries buy and sell nuclear weapons, or the ingredients necessary to put them together?
    If word gets out of a country selling completed nuclear weapons or the knowledge and supplies to produce them to unstable regimes, expect economic sanctions, diplomatic backlash and condemnation, and perhaps even outright war if someone actually gets nuked.

To those countries with the resources to research and develop nuclear weapons, engage in nuclear proliferation at your own peril, but at least try to be sneaky about it.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    That's great. My country will be able to sell plutonium and uranium as it's lesser export. :)
    Can countries buy and sell nuclear weapons, or the ingredients necessary to put them together?

If word gets out of a country selling completed nuclear weapons or the knowledge and supplies to produce them to unstable regimes, expect economic sanctions, diplomatic backlash and condemnation, and perhaps even outright war if someone actually gets nuked.

To those countries with the resources to research and develop nuclear weapons, engage in nuclear proliferation at your own peril, but at least try to be sneaky about it.
    Following up with Jack's post, try and be like Hitler's supposedly secret lab he had to create a nuclear bomb. Nobody knew about it back then.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well, I guess I'll draw the map for our little world o' doom, here. If everyone could just state the general geographic features of their nation's when they post (like mountain ranges, lakes, swamps and the like), and maybe post a neighbor so I have some context of where you should be placed.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
  • damn i'm REALLY looking forward to this,

btw yuoaman: if you're really going to draw the map, i wanna reserve a small spot near the Equator (you know, the middle), for better climate and agriculture, with two coasts (fishing), and neighboring a big country (i need someone with money to export to cheaply, also the outsourcing will help me out)

think Central America :D

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • As long as people describe their climate/landscape fairly well, I should be able to put together a pretty accurate representation of our world.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back