• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Smarties' is here with new art

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Since my old art thread is as good as dead I decided to make a new one (if you wish to close it go right ahead). Anyway... let's get on with the art shall we?

First some of my older art...
    The pixel version:
    misty22lt.png
    and the photoshopped one:
    misty8fe.png
    they both need more shading in the hair D=

raikoupa3ag.png
    raikoupixelart3py.png
    not before now did I realize how horrible the pixel version looks like <.< I really like how the photoshopped one came out, though _^^

butterfreepa6uk.png
    butterfreeart5hr.png
    the pixel version looks horrible and the outlines suck, but I love how the wings turned out on the photoshop colored version <3

Now... some of my newer art:

charmeleonc7qa.png
    charmeleon5iv.gif
    I entered this one for this months Astravaganza, but I'm not hoping to win anything. At first I thought this thing sucked, but I'm beggining to like it more and more for each day that passes _^^

charmeleonpa2rp.png
    charmeleonart0oc.png
    I really like how both versions of these came out _^^ As you can see I used the same tail and head for both my Charmeleon artworks due to laziness x_x

I have more new artworks too, but they turned out horrible so I won't post them here D=

Anyway... C&C please and don't mention the horrible outlining, because I am quite aware of that already

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    The Charmeleon artwork. Yousr drawings rock! And I would like to request a drawing of Shadow Lugia
    Thanks _^^ I'm sorry to say I don't really do requests, but I might consider making a Lugia and I'll make a shadow version of it too if you want to ~_^
    I'm working on some Ninetales art right now, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the anatomy D= Oh well... *goes back to work*

Years
  • Your stuff is really good, I like the way you color, especially in the pixel art.

My only suggestion would be in Photoshop, set your tolerance to 0 when you flood fill things, or it will seep over just like it did in all of your Photoshop pieces.

Years
  • I prefer your pixel stuff to the photoshop thing :p

The back of the second charmeleon, use the curved line tool in paint to fix it up, its kinda rough

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
  • It's great to see more art from you, Smarty! :D I prefer the pixel versions of some (the Charmeleons!) and the Photoshop versions of others (Raikou!) These are really nice pictures overall! ^^ I agree with Esupio in that they look a little rough in places (the Charmeleon's back needs editing so it'll show up properly on dark backgrounds) but they're great for the most part!

Keep up the good work! :D

--FG

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    *Repost* (got some new art to show you all
    AuroPervert said:
    Your stuff is really good, I like the way you color, especially in the pixel art.

My only suggestion would be in Photoshop, set your tolerance to 0 when you flood fill things, or it will seep over just like it did in all of your Photoshop pieces.
    Thanks for the advice and comments _^^ I'll keep the tolerance thing in mind the next time I do something on Photoshop.
    Esupio sono Kamereon said:
    I prefer your pixel stuff to the photoshop thing :p

The back of the second charmeleon, use the curved line tool in paint to fix it up, its kinda rough
    Now that you mention it, the back does seem a little rough. I'll fix it at some point, but the thing is that I have only very recently learned how to use the curvy line tool, the outlines always turned out horrible with the curvy line tool, but when I began working on my Ninetales yesterday I had no problem at all using the curvy line tool O.o
    Forest Grovyle said:
    It's great to see more art from you, Smarty! :D I prefer the pixel versions of some (the Charmeleons!) and the Photoshop versions of others (Raikou!) These are really nice pictures overall! ^^ I agree with Esupio in that they look a little rough in places (the Charmeleon's back needs editing so it'll show up properly on dark backgrounds) but they're great for the most part!

Keep up the good work! :D

--FG
    As I said above, I completely agree that the back looks rough. And thank you for the comments and criticism _^^ (is it just me or am I repeating myself O.o)

lugiapixelart0as.png
    < as suggested, I made Lugia, Egyptian sphinx, I'll make a shadow version of it later today.
    It's done entirely on paint and I'm really proud of it ^_^ And yes, I copied the shading and pose from Sugimori's Lugia.

*edit* I actually got bored enough to make the shadow Lugia straight away O.o here it is:
    shadowlugia5lt.png
    PS. I know the shadow version sucks, but I'm not used to making shadow Pokémon <.<

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
  • I love that lugia, Smarties-kun! Your shading is immaculate, as usual.
    Uh...I guess if you're struggling for anatomy, do a google image search for fox pictures and things. It might give you a better idea of how a canine's legs work. Or, better yet, grab a dog and feel where her/his joints are. That's how I learnt to draw canines. Yay.

Smarties-chan

Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    I love that lugia, Smarties-kun! Your shading is immaculate, as usual.
    Uh...I guess if you're struggling for anatomy, do a google image search for fox pictures and things. It might give you a better idea of how a canine's legs work. Or, better yet, grab a dog and feel where her/his joints are. That's how I learnt to draw canines. Yay.
    Thanks for the comments and advice, Charon-chan _^^
    An image search for a canine creature... why didn't I think of that? >.< I was giving up on the ninetales, but I'll try the image search (my dog would hate it if I grabbed her, she's friendly, but doesn't exactly like being hugged, groomed or touched in any other way)

Back