• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon RP's set in the "real world"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaziyo

Everyone's favourite Arab
Years
  • Hello there,
    Most of you won't know me, unless you were part of Trainer Kat's "Grand Tournament" RP, which I believe is the only one I ever signed up for in this forum, however I have been role playing for a long time before I joined here.

Anyway, I noticed that all the ones I've seen here are based either in the "Pokemon World" as we know it through the games and anime or a region created by the author. That's all fine but I was wondering what people thought of a Role Play set in the "Real World", ie where instead of being from Celadon City, you come from Delhi or something. The reason I ask is because I have had an idea in my head for a while of a short term RP, the "Pokemon World Cup". Similar in set up to a Tennis Grand Slam, it would attract players from all over the world to battle Pokemon in this one tournament. Essentially, it would be like a "Pokemon League" story except with a real world setting which would allow for stronger themes and political values to come through.

So without going into too much detail, I was just wondering if people would be interested in such a thing. The only other thing similar is a fanfic I once read on this forum called the "Canadian Cup" or something like that (it's probably still there if you go back a few pages) and while, because most of the places I've never heard of, I could not relate to the locations, it did have a different feel to your generic adventure.

I've also thought of having an adventurey-journey Role Play, similar to the video game's plot, except instead of travelling around a fictional region, they go to real locations. However, in order for this to work, you'd need super-duper-sexy RPers who would be willing to do some research, for what could be a great RP.

Anyway, I appologise for rambling on, but straight to the point, would people be likely to sign up for a "Real World" Pokemon RP? I would hope to make one some time in the future (in a few months or so?) and would just like to see people's thoughts.

Thanks. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back