• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Type Synergy Game

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
Years
Here's something I just came up with:

We all know that the type chart is a bit weird for the sake of balance. So that's where this game comes in. Post a type, starting with the second type of the previous poster's type and make up a reason why it:

resists or doesn't resist a type
OR
is super effective or not super effective against a type
OR
Does not effect a type
OR
Make up a reason for why it should be super effective against a type

Example:

Poster 1: Poison should be super effective against Steel because it corrodes
metal.
Poster 2: Steel is super effective against Ice because the metal that makes cars has a long-standing feud with Ice because of hailstorms.

Here's my start: Ghost resists Bug because ghosts are scarier than bugs, so they resent them.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Throwing this over to Pokemon Trivia since it belongs over there. ♥

Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2015
Bug is super effective against Psychic because bugs are a fear of the human mind, which Psychics are similar to.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
Years
I hope I'm doing this right......

Psychic is super effective against Fighting because it's Mind over Matter

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
Fighting is super-effective against Rock because of some licensing disputes between Dwayne Johnson and the WWE.

Serperion

The Fallen King
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
Flying is resisted by Steel because everyone knows it takes a bear to crush a vehicle

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
Steel-Types are effective against Fairy-Types because of a particularly morbid and tragic lost episode of Tinker Bell. Disney enthusiasts do, however, praise the fluidity of the guillotine animation!

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 3, 2014
Flying types beat fighting types because Float like a butterfree and sting like a beedrill.

Emerald_Fire

(Insert Espurr meme here)
Years
  • Seen Mar 14, 2014
Fighting-types should be weak to Poison-types because fighters, although burly, are just as susceptible to disease as the rest of us.

Back