• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Hilbert and Hilda?

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    BLACK AND WHITE (not Hilbert and Hilda).

Yes, I think they'll have a role in BW2. They were heros! They had Reshiram/Zekrom depending on game, while N had the other.

At the end of the game Black/White helped Looker find the sages...which was such a random task...and it just kinda ended with that. I doubt they would quit aiding Unova.

It just wouldn't make sense for them to suddenly disappear....
    Agreed, which makes me wonder how we will be able to catch Zekrom/Reshiram?

As heroes of Unova, if not helping out defeat the different crimes that go around now, I'd at least hope for Hilbert and Hilda to talk about the past. :I If they were in their teens before, 2 years later I'm guessing they still would be, so to see them go along through the game wouldn't be bad. I kind of like the idea of them staying in Nuvema though, a big role isn't really needed.

In a way, it would make sense if they traveled to another region during the time and that's the reason they won't be in the games, but at the same time I think that is a bit lame.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I think that the main character may appear along side N near the end of the game, It's possible that s/he went to look for him after discovering where he went.

Years
  • The male protagonist already looks like an edit of Hilbert- you gotta admit- so being a relative of past protagonists could be a possibility. Otherwise, I'm finding it hard to think how Hilbert/Hilda (though I'd much prefer they were Black/White) would be featured. Back in GSC, Red was the ONLY past protagonist, so it was pretty easy to implement him, whereas here, you have to consider the fact that Hilbert/Hilda come from the same house, and accomplish the same feats... I'm not sure what Game Freak has planned on that front. I think it's just a bit more complicated than Red in GSC/HGSS.

Dements

What the duck?
    Years
  • They should make it where sometime during the story line you do a double battle with one of them dependent on the version you bought and have them be at the place where you fought kyurem in black and white for a final battle

Livewire_

Knight of Three
    Years
  • Having them in some sort of relevant plot position, i.e, the Champion, a Gym Leader, or a smaller cameo would make sense. But I don't expect to see them because this is in fact a sequel.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • What I'd like to see: At some point in the post-game, you run into Hlibert or Hilda (depending on the gender of your character) in a major cave or mountain, and battle them. This would make them like the "Red" of Black 2 and White 2. I'd love to see this happen. Perhaps even which starter they have could vary based on which starter you chose.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Having them in some sort of relevant plot position, i.e, the Champion, a Gym Leader, or a smaller cameo would make sense. But I don't expect to see them because this is in fact a sequel.
    And with these games being a sequel, how do you explain Hilbert/Hilda disappearing from Unova out of the blue? :[

I'm with the small cameo appearance, mainly because them being left out without an explanation would make me a bit disappointed, though I guess I wouldn't mind as much as I want to see others return/make an appearance.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • They could return, maybe one is champion in Black 2 and the other in White 2 or they just don't make an appearance whatsoever.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
    Years
  • I was not a fan of Hilda and Hilbert's desgins nor their granny names. -.- I did become a bit fond of the female Hilda though (we got to name our own ^.^) But I prefer the new protagonists design though.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2012
    I think they should be in the story. It would make more sense tbh. Could say they were in another region training

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
    Years
  • I think that after defeating the regional 8 Gym Leaders and defeating a revamped E4 and Cheren ( or a completely new trainer ), the new Champion, you are tasked with defeating another 8 Gym Leaders to unlock a ticket to Champions Island, the boat that will take you being in Nuvema Town. Upon arriving, you are faced to battle former Champion Hilbert:

Samurott level 89
    Serperior Level 89
    Emboar level 89
    Hydreigon level 87
    Gyarados level 88
    Unfezant level 85

After beating Hilbert, you are tasked with beating Hilda:

Samurott level 85
    Emboar level 85
    Serperior level 85
    Aerodactyl level 84
    Snorlax level 84
    Gengar level 81

After beating them both, you can battle all the other Champs ( Blue, Lance, Steven, Wallace, Cynthia, Alder, Cheren ) and you can also rechallenge Hilbert and Hilda with the same Pokemon but slightly higher levels.

REMATCH TEAMS:

HILBERT:

Samurott level 92
    Emboar level 92
    Serperior level 92
    Gyarados level 91
    Hydreigon level 91
    Unfezant level 90

HILDA:

Samurott level 89
    Emboar level 89
    Serperior level 89
    Gengar level 88
    Snorlax level 87
    Aerodactyl level 88

Zayphora

Don't mess with the lights...
    Years
  • I hate their names, but I hope that something cool happens to them. Maybe Team Whatever has captured them and is using them as bait or something for Kyurem...too dark for Pokemon, I know, but it would be cool if they had turned evil somehow. I would also like it if we were able to provide our names for them and which one we used when we played the game....

Back