• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
But you can mess something up and lose your .sav file or your computer could die, and that's about the equivalent of your battery running dry or a corrupt save file on a real cartridge.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
OH CHALLENGES, finally it's out of Trade Corner ;);)

I can't seem to stay focused and finish a challenge. Is there any challenges you guys have completed that you thought were fun and engaging throughout the run?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Depends on what you're looking for! I find that monotypes and random challenges are usually pretty interesting and engaging. Or if you're looking for something more out of the box, there are a ton of challenges in here to choose from to tickle that fancy.

Years
I've always loved Random Pokemon runs, they are always interesting at the very least, let's you try out things you would never usually try. Especially when you end up with something unusual like Illumise, that's what happened to me, and I loved it!

tnfsf11

I rarely do challenges, & I never find enough courage to post my progress anywhere online, I'm always paranoid of not committing or not posting enough screenshots or written details, guess I'm taking this way too seriously...
Only recently I've done my first ever online challenge which was The Christian Challenge, I had a good time & I'm encouraged to do more challenges, hopefully I won't be booted out of them if I don't update frequently. :/

I'm really keen on trying the Time Warp challenge, and a Monotype or Single challenge as well, I got kinda tired of Emerald so I wanna do them on X/Y when they come out but there's still some time, even more time for me personally coz it won't be easy for me to get the games, so I guess Emerald it is... :P

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
My favorite challenge was the Hunger Games challenge on HG. I actually ended up only being able to use bug and grass types, and I beat the first gym (which was flying) with Ariados as my only pokemon. I've also done a solo challenge with Serperior and a random challenge with Scrafty and Beartic on Black 2. I'm considering starting a grass monotype challenge on Black 2, but I'm not sure.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
You're taking challenges way too seriously! Just think of them of a more fun way of playing the games and the updates are just to show that you're still active in the challenge! :)

If you don't wanna post a lot of screenshots or write a lot of details, then don't! You don't have to :)

And I'd gladly give you a team but I'm already doing 2 different challenges and one is on hold because I'm waiting for someone to give me a team for it :P

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I saw people ignore your sign up sheet and it's been days since you didn't get replies, so I signed up myself and gave you a team. Hope you like your team, It's a nice team, have fun :)

Last edited:

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
You're taking challenges way too seriously! Just think of them of a more fun way of playing the games and the updates are just to show that you're still active in the challenge! :)

If you don't wanna post a lot of screenshots or write a lot of details, then don't! You don't have to :)

And I'd gladly give you a team but I'm already doing 2 different challenges and one is on hold because I'm waiting for someone to give me a team for it :P

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I saw people ignore your sign up sheet and it's been days since you didn't get replies, so I signed up myself and gave you a team. Hope you like your team, It's a nice team, have fun :)

Looks like i'm gonna be using a rain dance team! Never used one,so this should be fine. :D

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
Years
This randomized HG nuzlocke is actually the first time I've done a challenge on a Pokémon game. It's just a shame it crashed the first time through though; my Shiftry starter was already level 12 by the time I got to Violet City. ;-;

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I just got party member #5 in my gender dis challenge, so that's exciting! I think I'll play again tonight before the homework piles up again. :P Someone else should sign up for gender discrimination btw! n___n

Xaldin

Big things come in Nice packages.
Years
I just got party member #5 in my gender dis challenge, so that's exciting! I think I'll play again tonight before the homework piles up again. :P Someone else should sign up for gender discrimination btw! n___n

I'm planning to,but i have to get one out of the way first,that one being the gym leader challenge ;p

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I need to finish my TGC challenge because I want to nuzlocke on B2, really badly. Haven't picked it up in like 3 months. On the other hand, 2/3 of the way through for my Flying monotype. ^.^

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've been wanting to do a monotype challenge for a while, but I never really got around to it. I'm not actually sure what game I'll be doing it on... probably FireRed. Haha. I'll do this challenge based on fire-types, since most of my favorite Pokémon are in this group. I may give the monocolor challenge a try, too. (:

Name

Moémon Master
Years
i've always heard about the nuzlocke challenge, and thought it was actually related to nuzleaf. . .
i might try it

Back