• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to change the Pokemon While Surfing

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    Sorry for my bad English :D, I'm Vietnamese :D

Get Started :
    - Visual Boy Advance
    - Tile Molester
    - Hex WorkShop Hex Editor
    - A Rom

Step 1 :

Open your Rom and run it to the Surfing Area

PokemonFireRedU_01.png

Step 2 :

Open TileViewer, Memory Viewer In GBA, Take note of the Address

HD1.png

The Address I need is 00396C28 :D

Step 3 :

Open up TileMolester and go to the address that was brought up in the hex editor.

Go to Block Size and choose Custom, change the no.16 to no.4 ( both of them )
    HD3.png

HD4.png

Step 4 :

Time to Edit

tut-1.png

( Dont' take without permission ok ? )
    Step 5 :

Watch and play :D
    Here is my last edition
    PokemonFireRedU_01-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Yay!!! Thank you sooo much for posting this, I found it very helpful for my hack

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • A very good tut but I think that you can do this in OverWorldRE. anyway, very easy to understand, and easy to use, but all the tuts for tile molester are basicly the same. you might want to inclued how to change the pallette to make it easier to edit.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • A very good tut but I think that you can do this in OverWorldRE.

Actually, you can't; I've tried. The overworld editor allows you to change the OW sitting on the back of the Pokémon, but it doesn't let you change the Pokémon--the little bluish-blackish blob that o0oBahamuto0o turned into a Lapras.

Thanks for this tutorial, very useful! I've been looking for how to do this for a while now.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Funny that u used Dan and I's hack in the first pic (MSB, I co-own bla bla bla)

Anyways nice tut and very easy to understand.

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    does this mean you can edit anything while still playing VBA at the same time?

dragonface

Check out Elite version
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    thanks so much for the tutorial i was searching so long for one like this. i need help changing the pallet though.

Corpsefire

I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    Years
  • Which Codec are you using for Tile Molester to change this? I'm at 4bpp linear, reverse order.

I don't know the default because my cousin messed with my settings :/

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2015
    Step 2 :
    Can you See the address at the Tile View ?
    Copy that and Paste it into the Mem Viewer , click Go and take the Number under that to HEx Editor :D
    And you can Find the Address :D

Years
  • A very good tutorial.... I am making a new hack.. i make the im-possible possible... i will make groudon while surfing.......

Mystelex

This tutorial is really helpful! For those who're wondering about the palette, it's unfortunately the same as the player's palette...

Back