• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where should I start with Unova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2013
    I've been out of Pokemon since Gen IV; the most recent game I own is SoulSilver. Where should I start with Gen V? Should I get B/W and then B2/W2, or skip to the second games?

Cyndafan

Unknown
    Years
  • I think its a 50-50 because if you start with black and white (1) you get the whole story but (i think) that black and white 2 is more entertaining

-Cynda

Years
  • Given I've got good 5th Gen knowledge I should probably give recommendation that you play Black and White first before playing Black 2 and White 2. The reason is playing the original pair before the sequels is that it will give you a better explanation of the Unova story and the two years between B/W and B2/W2.

Also, Black 2 and White 2 have a special feature called Memory Link, which is when you connect Black 2 or White 2 to a copy of the original Black or White. It unlocks special cutscenes that aren't present without it, the ability to catch the Pokemon that N used in the original Black and White, and it's basically a cool feature in general.

So yeah, the conclusion I have come to is play Black and White before Black 2 and White 2. You can experience the whole Unova story that way, and if you only get like say, Black and Black 2 (or White and White 2) you can get both Reshiram and Zekrom that way.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We've had these questions a lot (with the latest thread on this expiring just yesterday!) Because of this, I've added a section to the FAQ to cover this (which you can see in the stickies of this section). However imma lock this up because you've already recieved a few responses and we get these questions so often. So from now on this is the last thread of this type, and in the future we'll direct people to the FAQ. Hopefully you decide to get B/W ;)
    EkvQs.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back