• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Aurora

Falsever

Nation Blue
Years
  • Pokémon Aurora

Introduction

Hello, welcome to the thread. You can call me George, or just simply Gero.
    I've been hacking for a few years, cancelled hacks many times.
    But I won't give up, I'll keep going until I finish the hack.
    So people will enjoy with it. That's all about me, let's talk about the hack.

This ROM hack is based on the FireRed ROM.
    I'm not telling you where you can get it, because linking to the ROM is against the rule.
    However, you can search for the ROM on Google.

Story

In the region of peace, Lutiq.
    The blue sky's beautiful, filled with cotton-candy-like clouds.

Today's the starting day of the great journey of a 14-year-old boy, his name's Oliver.
    He'll have to do something more than collecting badges and challenge the Pokémon League.
    The only way to find out what are those things is leaping into the world of Pokémon!

Features

Other than new maps, new region, etc.
    Here's the list of the features that include in the hack.

You can obtain 386 Pokémon in this hack, no newer gen Pokémon and Fakemon included.
    Play as Oliver, a normal boy who's living in the town of Southperry.
    No more trade evolutions.

Media

A4uo1yB.png

Glitches

Prof. Oak's PC isn't removed.
    The decapitalisation isn't done.
    The intro isn't edited.
    The titlescreen isn't edited.

Credits

Patches
    diegoisawesome
    Wichu

ASM Hacks
    ep!c

Knowledges
    Darthatron
    diegoisawesome
    HackMew

Others
    Lady Gunner <Beta Testing>

Questions and Answers

When will you release the next release?
    I'll release it when it's ready.

Will you include later gen Pokémon and Fakemon?
    Scroll up and read the list of features.

Change the tiles please.
    Sorry, I won't change any tiles. I wanna keep this hack in FireRed style. If you don't like this, don't play this.

Download

This Alpha ends once you beat Tara at Praisten Town.
    Link

Support

Spoiler:

The End

You can always leave your comments and feedback here, in the thread.
    I hope you enjoy the hack. See you.

"I'm still working on a better CSS..."​

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
    Years
  • Wonderful. A Canon game. I'm working on one of these myself, in addition to the Leola Project. Good luck with this!

Honestly, I don't think you should change the CSS. The simplicity of it gives it a nice touch. I like it.

However, I feel like you should work on the grammar a little more. There are a few grammatical errors within the thread presentation.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    george, the game has been amazing so far! keep up the awesome work, looking forward to future releases!

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Well it look like a good hack by the screen shots overview but i think if you inset some new tiles from Black & White or any other tiles will be better and if you change the sprites to new designed so it will be good. It's looking great though the tiles are the same old L\F type so better change it :) And i suggest you to wrote a new story cause the story of your hack is kinda same. I am not trying to be mean.... but you know people are getting bored playing the same type of story so it's your decision.....

Falsever

Nation Blue
    Years
  • Thank you everyone. :)

@Winter Wonderland Thank you. :) I'll try to fix the grammar errors.

@L96 There's a reason why this hack's name is Aurora. You'll find out in the late-game though. :P

@Rhytham Sorry, I won't change any tiles. I wanna keep this hack in FireRed style.
    And there will be something you unexpected to see. :3

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Thank you everyone. :)

@Winter Wonderland Thank you. :) I'll try to fix the grammar errors.

@L96 There's a reason why this hack's name is Aurora. You'll find out in the late-game though. :P

@Rhytham Sorry, I won't change any tiles. I wanna keep this hack in FireRed style.
    And there will be something you unexpected to see. :3

Oh it's your choice so i am not gonna tell you.... anyway thanks for making a great hack and I am excited to see what unexpected there will.....

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    About to start playing, but I see a tile error in the 4th screen shot. The gym looks unfinished on the top. But yeah, this seems pretty cool and I'll give more feedback once I play it.

Edit: Okay, It's a bit weird that when the player starts off the first thing that appears is a msg asking to give their charmander a nickname. If the player loses, he/she is warped back to their house facing a chair, no message or anything (maybe that was on purpose , idk) Youngster Austin's Zigzagoon only has struggle, and so does Youngster Zachary's poochyena, and the rival's too, and Oscar's Zigzagoon, Youngster Micheal's Zigzagoon, all of Billy's Wurmples, Youngster Winston's Zigzagoon (I see what you did there xD) also I found something here that was pretty weird look in the attachments.
    Anyways, this looks really good and intresting, keep up the good work man :)
    And also if you don't have it yet, will it have the P/S split?

Last edited:

Falsever

Nation Blue
    Years
  • @Dark Sneasel Thank you for reporting, I'm fixing them. (why dont they have struggle in my rom idk) (i may switch ips to ups cos ips might cause those struggles)
    And that whiteout thing was did on purpose. So is Charmander.
    About that Woods entrance I'll fix it. Also there won't be P/S Split.

@Sagittarius Thank you, I'm fixing them.

Edit: I tested my ROM (i used the patch i uploaded) and the moves worked perfectly, did you use a wrong ROM, Dark Sneasel? Make sure you use BPRE 1.0 it's the right ROM.

Last edited:

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Maybe because you put custom moves in your trainer editor but didn't assign any moves, or just something wrong with their movesets or maybe the rom I used was messed up

M.L

Invisible
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2017
    This hack is looking really awesome, I will not be playing the alphas or the first few betas sorry I prefer having more game-play otherwise I tend to get un-easy xD
    Good luck with this.

Back