• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shin Megami Tensei Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    The Shin Megami Tensei Challenge

ncly20d.png

Backstory

In the Pokémon Universe, one evil team was trying to open a portal to another dimension and take over said parallel world, since their plans of conquering theirs failed.
    Far, far away, in the Megami Tensei Universe, a group of scientists started experimenting with time and space distortion devices, hoping to eventually "rewind" the world up until the point there were no Demons and there was no destruction.
    But, as expected, in both worlds, things went terribly wrong. Somehow, the two dimensions collided in a common point which eventually caused a fusion. It all started as a wave of natural disasters and Pokémon acting strangely in one world and massive waves of demons and chaos in the other. The strange events grew in intensity as the two worlds kept binding and fusing together.
    Eventually, after three long years , the fusion came to an end in a dazzling, bright light that caused every single creature to fall asleep and every single device to either break down or fuse with another to create new ones, suitable for what was to be a whole new world.
    Ten years after the Pokémon Universe and the Megami Tensei Dimension became one, a young person aged 10 is getting ready for their exciting journey. That young person is you. You are eager to get going and to uncover the secrets and marvels of your world, while also trying to learn more about the past and just how different everything was back then. After obtaining your very first Pokémon and your Pokédex (now called Pokéndium), you step out the door of the PokéLab and into the world.
    Just what is it that you will find on your journey?​

Rules

25.png
    You may only trade in order to evolve your Pokémon. (Trade evolutions do not abide to the new fusion system).
    jack_frost_by_typhloser-d548det.gif
    No hacking/cheating allowed.
    25.png
    Your team must consist of at least three Pokémon.
    A new fusion system now exists in the world.
    In order to evolve a Pokémon, you must perform a fusion with another Pokémon compatible to the one you're evolving. (When evolving a Pokémon, you must release another Pokémon that has the same type as the one you're evolving. Pokémon with three stages of evolution must undergo fusion twice. If the Pokémon you are trying to evolve is a dual type, you may pick the "compatible type" out of the two.)
    25.png
    Introducing the Inheritance System.
    Upon fusion, your new Pokémon inherits one of the sacrificed Pokémon's skills. (The Pokémon you release and the Pokémon you are evolving must have a move in common. You may replace the move later on, as you see fit.)
    Pokémon Growth System.
    Your Pokémon can only grow stronger from now on, especially after fusion. And so should their moves. (You may only learn moves with a base power/accuracy higher than the one replaced. [Example: You own a Gloom that knows Absorb. Absorb is a move that has a base power of 20 and 100 accuracy. Your gloom levels up and you decide to replace its Absorb. You must replace it with another move that has a higher base power than 20. For example, Mega Drain which has a base power of 40.])
    25.png
    Rebirth? Why not?
    Sometimes, you may feel that your Pokémon could use improvement. That's where rebirthing comes in. (You may use Vitamins to boost your Pokémon's stats, but you may only boost those lower than 60).
    Spoiler:

Alignments! Wait, what?
    The fusion of the two dimensions brought over Alignments. On your journey, you will have to choose one of the three alignments as follows:
    Spoiler:

You may only use Types belonging to the alignment of your choice.
    Law types: Fire, Water, Electric, Grass, Psychic, Fairy
    Chaos types: Ghost, Dark, Poison, Ice, Fighting, Dragon
    Neutral Types: Normal, Ground, Rock, Flying, Steel, Bug
    25.png
    Your challenge ends when you've defeated the Champion of your region as follows:
    Spoiler:

Sign-up

Should you wish to join, please fill up the following form:
    Username:
    Game:
    Alignment:

Spoiler:

Challengers

Spoiler:

Champions

Credits

Whyvile for the awesome idea
    The Shin Megami Tensei – Imagine Wiki for the Alignment Descriptions and Rebirth paths and Runes.​
    fmralchemist on dArt for the pic

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    First update of my White 2, Chaos run.

Spoiler:

Badge Case

50px-Basic_Badge.png

Team

499.gif

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    Pignite

Level 17/Female/Timid/Blaze
    Tackle/Flame Charge/Arm Thrust/Defense Curl

109.gif

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    Koffing

Level 12/Male/Rash/Levitate
    Tackle/Smog/SmokeScreen/Assurance

Last edited:

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 30, 2014
    I know I have a bunch of challenges going on, but I HAVE to do this, I love SMT. I'll start it as soon as I finish my Delphox solo run. (Y is my challenge copy :))

Username: WarriorCat
    Game: Y
    Alignment: Chaos

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    I know I have a bunch of challenges going on, but I HAVE to do this, I love SMT. I'll start it as soon as I finish my Delphox solo run. (Y is my challenge copy :))

Username: WarriorCat
    Game: Y
    Alignment: Chaos

Added you to the list. Feel free to start whenever xD
    Considering this is what my Challenges list looks like, I understand what you're going through xD The waiting and all.

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Ehm.... o.O am I the only one still doing this? x.x

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back