• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funniest anime moment?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Throughout the anime there has been some pretty laugh worthy moments.. whether it was Ash acting dumb or Jessie being her usual self.

What is, in your opinion, the funniest moment in the anime?

For me it was during the first movie;

"Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! Stroke! Ugh, I think I'm gonna have one".

That line was just too funny.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2012
    [SIZE="a"]Brock: "I think I'm gonna use my frying pan (shields head from rain) as a DRYING pan"[/SIZE]

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm going back to check the episodes I loved. My favorites are with James (he is my favorite non-Pokemon character in the anime).... I'll come back to post in a while, once I find it - sorry don't remember from the top of my head..

Years
  • First Pokemon movie
    Brock: I didn't know vikings still existed.
    Ash: There mostly from minnesota.

In Pokemon 2000 I remember Jessie said something about the opposite sex and trouble. My immature 9 year old brain laughed at the word "sex" in pokemon....yeah.

And this lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU-vnOT9FVY&feature=related

"You probably guessed my pokemon will be Magmar."

"Finsh it off with false swipe!"

"Which one of these pokemon evolve into Serviper? If you guessed Arbok you were right!"

Officer Jenny: Arcanine use flamethower. (It was a growlithe.)

And the Ditto that evolved into little versions of pokemon. lol

torchickensandwich

<-- this guy
    Years
  • Definitely any episode with Ash's Primeape, even when it was still a Mankey.

The scene when Ash tries to capture Mankey but Mankey throws the rice ball and Ash ends up capturing it instead takes the cake for me! XD

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • I'm going back to check the episodes I loved. My favorites are with James (he is my favorite non-Pokemon character in the anime).... I'll come back to post in a while, once I find it - sorry don't remember from the top of my head..

I remember one that made me laugh a lot, I can't remember episode I believe it was during the Orange Islands episode 71, Team Rocket is about to recite the motto Meowth uses a controller and fast forwards the motto. I always laugh at that part.

Edit - found episode - "To Master the Onixpected!"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Episode 162: Air Time:

Mary: "Ash, can you tell our listeners a little bit about yourself?"
    Ash: "Yes, my name is Pallet Town and i'm from Ketchum,"
    Mary: "I think you have that little backwards, Ash."
    Ash: "No, this is Ash, and i'm Pikachu!"

Episode 42: Showdown at Dark City:

Ash: My name is, uh, ketchup.
    Woman: Ketchup?
    Ash: Actually, my real name is Tom Ato.
    (Misty falls)
    Misty: Well then, my name, my name is Ann Chovy.
    Brock: Oh, my name is Caesar Salad.

Years
  • I remember one that made me laugh a lot, I can't remember episode I believe it was during the Orange Islands episode 71, Team Rocket is about to recite the motto Meowth uses a controller and fast forwards the motto. I always laugh at that part.

Edit - found episode - "To Master the Onixpected!"

This is one of the funniest moment in pokemon anime for me too...
    There are lot of funny moments in the anime and it is too many to mention...

I also love James, I find him handsome, funny and moron lolz :P

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2013
    In the third movie.

James: *Watching the Unown* "They're like alphabet soup without the soup!"

Years
  • @blackmorale I remember that scene... it was funny. Btw the episode was "A Tail With A Twist", not "A Poached Ego".

Here's my funny moment.

Episode: "Cilan Versus Trip, Ash Versus Georgia"

Ash: Pawniard's a, it's a girl!

(It was the scene where Ash discovers Georgia's Pawniard is female, Pawniard even did a cute expression, which was funny)

Guest123_x1

Some of the funniest moments in the anime that I can remember are:
    • In "Pokémon Scent-Sation", where Meowth realizes that "the cartoonist never gave me a nose" and asks why Jessie and James are "sleeping" (before he himself gets hit with a mallet by Celadon Gym's staff.)
    • "Hypno's Naptime", when Misty gets hypnotized by Hypno's waves and begins imitating Seel.
    • "Pokémon Shipwreck", when Meowth tries to bite into James' Magikarp, only to break his teeth.
    • In "Pokémon The Movie: 2000", when Team Rocket remarks that they're about to be "Filet-O-Fish".
    • In an episode that I can't remember the title to (it was early in the Johto run), Totodile chomps off Jessie's hair, and she goes into a rage as a result.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The funniest moment. When Seviper bit off some of Jessie's Hair and she went crazy on it and Meowth and James were like... "OMG she turned into a pokemon." Then she caugh Serviper.

Ah here we go,this is the one I am talking about. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUii7eBoIbY

And now I see someone else likes this as well haha. Didn't read all the posts.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Trick Master from the episode "A Poke-BLOCK Party!".
    He was crazy and it was really funny.

In "In the Knicker of Time!" upon seeing a huge Zigzagoon,
    who then threw off the costume, they all go AAAAHHH! and May says:
    "It disguised itself as a human!"

I'm going over some Hoenn episodes and there are many funny moments.
    Many of Brock's comments are great, like:

in "Gonna Rule the School" Ash puts on every souvenir he could find, then asks
    the gang 'what do you think, are the sunglasses too much?' then Brock goes with
    'uhh... [points] let's see...'

And of course Max's introduction in "There's No Place Like Hoenn!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2012
    I think funny scenes in Pokemon are usually Team Rocket-related (or maybe it's just because of the voice of Meowth (Japanese) LOL)

QuietDragon

a wavering flower, a bird taking flight
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2023
    For Best Wishes/Black and White, everything funny thing Dent says in the Japanese version is almost sure to make me laugh. Also, when he crossdressed as Kamitsure!

Sadly, I just don't find Cilan as funny as his Japanese counterpart. ;^;

One of my favourite earlier moments was when Satoshi and Iris kind of forgot about poor Dent and he was stuck going "it's wai~ting in vain tiiiime..."

It was pathetic, but funny. xDDD

I'm cruel, I know. ^^;

I also liked when Satoshi/Ash asked Iris what her goal veeery early on and she pretty much went "nothing!" and ran off. xDD; I don't know, I just find Iris very amusing, especially when she's doing things like swinging from vines or popping randomly out of trees and things.

Also, whenever Iris tells Satoshi exactly what he did wrong. I just like her lightly mocking/sarcastic tone.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I really like the moments involving Bianca and Barry, especially when they end up crashing into Ash when they're in a rush.

Back