• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM]Transparent Textboxes

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
So I gave up on this idea for my ROM for a bit but decided to give it another try.

So I am still having problems :(

1) I can't save the incomplied activation and deactivation codes because when I right click them I can't save them via dropbox

2) When I used the compiled codes, i am getting this awkward white transparent look to regular textboxes

3) When I use the hex data from this post
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=7936835&postcount=21
I am still having a few issues O_o

One of the issues is that the when I first look at a pokepic, it appears all black (like how it appeared when crystalstatic tried) and I think I am still having the issue with the black textbox appearing for a frame when I close the text box

Any ideas on how to get the right code?

I just want this code to work so badly because I really want to use it for my ROM! :P It makes the ROM look stupid sexy!

ep!c

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2015
Dude I accidentally updated the compiled code on dropbox, which actually messes up the whole textbox xD
I will fix it so download it again in 10 min. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
Dude I accidentally updated the compiled code on dropbox, which actually messes up the whole textbox xD
I will fix it so download it again in 10 min. ;)

Thanks a lot! However with the new compiled activation routine, it doesn't call the palette. However I have learn't to deal with it!

Just curious though, Do you think you can show us how to make it so the ROM always has the transparent textboxes appearing through the whole game? Including during script tiles, the pause screen, normal NPCs and everything? That would be awesome if you could give a tutorial on how to set that up!

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Thanks a lot! However with the new compiled activation routine, it doesn't call the palette. However I have learn't to deal with it!

Just curious though, Do you think you can show us how to make it so the ROM always has the transparent textboxes appearing through the whole game? Including during script tiles, the pause screen, normal NPCs and everything? That would be awesome if you could give a tutorial on how to set that up!

I ended up hooking my code into the commands that used it, like callstd and such. So, instead of directly calling the command, it jumps down, sets the bytes, then calls the command. Just a little detour placed at the pointer to each command.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
I ended up hooking my code into the commands that used it, like callstd and such. So, instead of directly calling the command, it jumps down, sets the bytes, then calls the command. Just a little detour placed at the pointer to each command.

Hmm do you think you could explain in greater detail, I am still not compeltely understanding :(

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hmm do you think you could explain in greater detail, I am still not compeltely understanding :(

There is a table that holds all of the commands' ASM routines. This table is loaded when a script is activated and commands are read from it. Basically, what I did is change any command that uses a msgbox so that it's pointer in the table points to my ASM routine that causes the transparency. After that, it just jumps to the actual command routine and continues as normal.

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020
There is a table that holds all of the commands' ASM routines. This table is loaded when a script is activated and commands are read from it. Basically, what I did is change any command that uses a msgbox so that it's pointer in the table points to my ASM routine that causes the transparency. After that, it just jumps to the actual command routine and continues as normal.

You should make a quick tutorial explaining that for everyone who doesn't know ASM :P

Years
The NPC speakes two times to me :"This is a test." and then the game is halted. I checked the script many times and I also try many NPCs, but I can't solve this problem, why?

Last edited:
Back