• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Computer speakers

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
So here's my problem. Right now my family's computer (the only computer we have) is in need of new speakers. The speakers we have uses a 2.5mm adapter plug that goes into our headphone jack. The problem with our current speakers is that no sound comes out when we plug them in. The plug is messed up and we have to constantly adjust the wires to get the sound to work. It's at the point where no matter how much we adjust the wires, the sound won't work. The only time we can managed to get sound, it's this soft buzzing noise that's hard to hard unless the volume's high. So we're thinking the best solution is to just buy new speakers. These speakers are over 15 years old and we've had them since our first computer so it's about time.

So this got me thinking. What kind of computer speakers do you have? Do you like them? Is there any brand or model of speakers you recommend ? My dad was looking for something cheap but produce good sound.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have a nice Logitech 2.1 system on my desktop. A good sub woofer and two desktop speakers. It isn't necessary but I got a good deal on it. You can get a nice pair of Logitechs for a good 2.0 system for relatively cheap these days. You can also use a USB port instead of the 2.5mm jack. Up to you. Both work well.

Bounce

Blue eyes :3
Years
If you have $100 to throw down on computer speakers, check out the Creative Inspire S2.

If you're looking for something cheaper, just buy a cheap pair of Sony speakers.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Lol I got studio monitor speakers and they are amazing. But VERY pricy. The ones I got are $150 a piece and they are KRK Rokit 5's. But I'm in the process of making a studio so that explains why I have them. As Bounce recommended, if you got cash to throw down then I'd suggest them too. They got good sound quality.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2013
I use headphones 90% of the time. but I currently have the Logitech Z623. They are pretty good for my needs. The Corsair 2.1 have good reviews but I got the Logitechs since they were on sale in my local store

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
My asus laptop has a hardware problem where.. now the speakers think there's something perpetually plugged in. :/ Poopy, I know. I either have steelseries headphones on, or I have this.. I think it's logitech speaker/subwoofer set I just plug it into

Back