• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen How many hours did you put in gsc before it stop saving

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I might have put like 50 hours on my Crystal. I bought it a month before I joined PC. Then it died a couple of months after that. And on my gold I could of had like 200 but I stopped playing it for a while then I noticed it died.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • im at 100 something hours now on my crystal version. Im afraid to play it now because I dont know when it will stop working. (i bought a used one at gamestop bout 5 years ago)

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    crystal version still works fine...so did my gold version, gave it away last year to my younger cousin

hell my yellow version, which was my first gameboy game still works...my silver version loses its saved file if i take it out of a gameboy, or if the battery dies though

The Red Chain

I restarted my game many times when I was younger, so I can't say that estimate is very accurate. XD

Years
    • VA
    • Seen May 13, 2014
    Last I checked all 6 of my Gen I/II carts are still going, but I migrated everything from the metal carts to Pokemon Stadium 2 to be a little safer. I have approaching 200 hours on Crystal, but I have restarted Gold and Silver multiple times so I don't know the total there. Same with RBY, started all of those multiple times, and also played them on double speed via PS2 a lot, so their times are pretty wrong now.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've reset my Silver Version so many times that it's hard to say for sure how much time I spent on it in all, though I guess, though it had to be well over 800 hours (the amount of time I've spent on Pearl). It hasn't died yet and I hope it won't. I have so many precious Pokemon on there including my Umbreon, Tyranitar, Mew, and Celebi (none of which were hacked, though the later two were 'glitched'). I guess, to be on the safe side, I should clone my precious Pokemon and have some back-ups stored in my Pokemon Stadium 2 N64 Box. Of course, if my save file did vanish and I replaced the internal battery, I would have to capture at least 150 Pokemon before I could withdraw them...

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I had somewhere around 200. I almost had all 251 pokemon too. I think I was missing like 10. I was sooo upset when my cartridge died because of that.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • i brought the gold game from the bootmarket they said it worked perfectly fine and then i had atleast 5-6 hours playing on it and i saved it and turned it back on it was deleted

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
  • I think it was about 600-800 hours. It was a long time ago, so I can't remember that well.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • The most i ever put in was 200

Bloody hell guys thats like 30 days of your life >.<

Maelstromk

The Dead Philospher
    Years
  • Well I don't own most of my games anymore so I'll have to go with what I remember
    Original Blue:400+ hours before death
    Second Blue:1 hr and 44 minutes (water monotype in process)
    Silver:about 900 hours before death
    Yellow:about 240 before death

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • My red is still working. I played it and was like, Wow, those games have come far.

My yellow stopped working after Pokemon Stadium malfunctioned while I was uploading some Pokemon.

My gold is currently MIA.

Hovo

We gotta stay together.
    Years
  • My Gold and Crystal versions died two years ago. I had them both since their released and played them almost non-stop so it's no surprise there.

Back