• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Black team help, por favor

Years
  • I love the pokemon on this team and just want help to have their weaknesses covered or not added to by a sixth, but idk who to pick, because I don't want to add to their weaknesses, but I want to have someone whose attacks aren't covered by my team =/ Basically, who should be my sixth?

PS. Leaving out EV's because ingame they aren't important to me
    (Competitively they are)
    OH and by all means, tell me how to improve them and such and criticize them to your hearts content =)

Emboar"Dr.Piggins"@Charcoal
    Blaze
    Mild
    -Flame Charge
    -Flare Blitz
    -Low Sweep
    -Stone Edge
    Weaknesses: Psychic, Water, Ground, Flying
    -------------
    Vaporeon@Leftovers
    Water Absorb
    Bashful
    -Toxic (Replacing with Haze)
    -Surf
    -Rest
    -Ice Beam
    Weaknesses: Electric, Grass
    -------------
    Luxray@Magnet
    Guts
    Bold
    -Return
    -Thunder
    -Spark
    -Crunch
    Weaknesses: Ground
    -------------
    Hydreigon"Revan"@BlackGlasses
    Levitate
    Adamant
    -Crunch
    -Dragon Rush
    -Dragon Pulse (Changing to Draco Meteor)
    -Flamethrower
    Weaknesses: Ice, Dragon, Fighting, Bug
    -------------
    Lucario"Auron"@Razor Claw
    Inner Focus
    Lonely
    -Aura Sphere
    -Psychic
    -Calm Mind
    -Shadow Claw
    Weaknesses: Fighting, Ground, Fire
    -------------

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Not many great natures there :(

Either way, maybe you could try something like Eelektross? It has no weaknesses (so it won't add to yours) and can serve a variety of purposes. It generally has "okay" def/spdef stats so it can take most attacks and because it's slow, most Pokemon will outspeed it and it gives you a free switch in to faster Pokemon if you were to use U-Turn/Volt Switch (except like Reuiniclus which could be injured by U-Turn and nobody uses TR in-game anyway lol). In terms of other attacks, Flamethrower and Grass Knot can work (the latter taking on your ground weakness somewhat) or Flash Cannon to annoy rock types. Remember though that it has higher attack so if you're going with it, use one of the latter three options as backup and rather use the first two primarily (Volt Switch being preferred for STAB). Either way up to you but just a suggestion.

As for changes, Scald > Surf since Scald has a burn chance @ Vaporeon. I'd also suggest Wish but you need to breed it. imo, keep Toxic since Haze = useless since nobody increases their stats in-game anyway.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head anyway, good luck with your team though!

Years
  • Not many great natures there :(

Either way, maybe you could try something like Eelektross? It has no weaknesses (so it won't add to yours) and can serve a variety of purposes. It generally has "okay" def/spdef stats so it can take most attacks and because it's slow, most Pokemon will outspeed it and it gives you a free switch in to faster Pokemon if you were to use U-Turn/Volt Switch (except like Reuiniclus which could be injured by U-Turn and nobody uses TR in-game anyway lol). In terms of other attacks, Flamethrower and Grass Knot can work (the latter taking on your ground weakness somewhat) or Flash Cannon to annoy rock types. Remember though that it has higher attack so if you're going with it, use one of the latter three options as backup and rather use the first two primarily (Volt Switch being preferred for STAB). Either way up to you but just a suggestion.

As for changes, Scald > Surf since Scald has a burn chance @ Vaporeon. I'd also suggest Wish but you need to breed it. imo, keep Toxic since Haze = useless since nobody increases their stats in-game anyway.

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head anyway, good luck with your team though!

Thanks!, I know the natures aren't great (haven't bred for them, just acquired them in wild) but I would breed for natures when I get more competitive, and I thought of Eelektross, but didn't really feel he was that good. But scald on vaporeon will probably be best.....THANKS!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I Suggest You Teach Emboar Wild Charge To Take Out Water and Flying Types

Back