• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Uhh..hey.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Hey, I am Joshie. I go by DarkLunarWolf, you can call me whichever. I am trying to get good at using scripting and map programs so I can make a Pokemon rom. I am also trying to learn vector graphics so I can show my friend what my "anime dreams" look like. I am into poetry, gaming, and Pokemon. I love the moon and wolves. I don't really know what to say so I guess I will end it here. Thanks for reading.

Years
  • Heya Joshie, welcome to PC! <33

Look around Emulation and I'm sure you'll find some neat things that can help you out with learning to make a ROM. The section is big so there are a lot of regulars, meaning it probably won't be very hard to get help if you need it. Unfortunately I'm not the best person to go to for that; otherwise I would've loved to volunteer and help you out a bit. But I'm sure with some dedication you'll get there fairly quickly. Good luck with everything, including creating vectors! I'd like to learn to make good vectors myself, especially since they're great for logos and all since there is no issue with quality loss. Would help out a lot for my college major. D:

I'm glad to hear you have so many interests though, that always makes your experience on a forum as large as this one better! On top of our myriads of Pokemon gaming sections, we also have a Fanfiction & Writing section plus an area of the site dedicated to video games. So yeah... pretty diverse forum, if I do say so myself. Hopefully you find that section you click with soon here if you haven't already! Might take longer for some than others, but PC is one of those places that's really appealing visually (thanks to the awesome skins) and has a lot of people to discuss things with, making it hard to get bored. For me and many others at least, haha!

Have a good time here and see you around! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Thank you for the warm welcome Cirno. I will take your advice and check out said places.

Hope the moon fills you with positive energy,
    DarkLunarWolf/ Joshie.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • Hi, Joshie!

Welcome to PokéCommunity! I see you're really interested in scripting/emulation, which is super cool! There are a lot of users on here much like you, and Cirno posted some great links above to help you out with getting started! Have you taken any programming classes? You seem to know a lot! :p

Vectors! That sounds like something I will be doing in my math class later this semester. Haha! :p Anyways, that's cool that you're into poetry. Do you write about anything in general, or is there something specific that interests your writing?

Hope to see you around! :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Well when it comes to poetry I tend to write about struggles people can go through in life. So, this makes my work more on the depressing, angry side. I will also use my aggresive anxiety, depression or avoidance personality disorder for some writing pieces. Well I am unsure if you know what vector graphics are but if you don't, vector graphics are like those anime photos you see on Google or maybe in a Youtube video. Word to the wise, when choosing courses becareful not to go into the higher level classes...I made that mistake. Thank you for the greeting too.

Hope the moon fills you with positive energy,
    DarkLunarWolf/ Joshie.

Back