• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your major/career?

Major/Career Fields

• Total voters

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I just recently decided to major in foreign language. :3 Japanese/Korean mainly.
I want a job as a translator and hope to move to Japan some day.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
I'm a web designer and administrative assistant. I just graduated this year.
What kind of degree did you get?

Right now I'm majoring in graphic design at community college, but I want to be a web designer / developer and they don't have very many classes concentrated on that. I'm thinking of just dropping out of that college and moving across the country to go to school at a pretty focused technical school of sorts, where I feel that I'd be better placed and better educated/prepared. Though I also think that web design doesn't really need a degree since I have a friend getting paid pretty well with just a HS diploma as a web designer and was self taught.

@poll voters: ummmm you guys do realize that most of your majors (if you have one) falls under those four categories Cassino put into his poll, right? Like if you're a graphic design major, you're in the Liberal Arts and Sciences college. You're not other.

Years
I believe Maths also falls under Liberal Arts and Sciences but I was like **** THAT MAN, I'M NOT PUTTING MYSELF IN THE SAME CATEGORY AS ALL THAT OTHER STUFF. WHY THE **** DOES MEDICINE GET ITS OWN CATEGORY?

Oh right, I'm currently an IT consultant but I'm thinking of switching careers and becoming an engineer.

Years
I am studying to become an engineer.of audio and sound production

I have recently been picked up by an Independent gaming company to do music and sound design with there current engineer who mostly does studio work and foley.
Exciting stuff, never thought it possible to get into video game design but I guess I was good enough to get noticed by someone.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I just graduated high school, so I figured it'd be somewhat fitting to post now. =P

Nothing finalized yet, but I'm thinking about perusing Psychology!

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I'm a university French major and I'm literally just waiting to get the eff out and graduate. Can't stand it. As for a career, I'm still completely up in the air but not worried at all. Things have a way of sorting themselves out in the end.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I'm a lawyer and currently work in a corporate law firm. I studied law at university for my undergraduate degree that was 100% law-based apart from the one history module on the Cold War. Having said that, many lawyers nowadays end up studying something else and then doing what's called a conversion course of one year before entering the law. Part of me wishes I'd done that with something like history or even a science, but then another part me is glad for the time I spent at uni and the friends I made and whatnot. I can't say that law is my undying passion in life, but it the pays the bills very well. :D

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I'm working on my Mechanical Engineering major currently. I work as a field mechanic for the Army National Guard, focusing primarily on vehicle recovery operations. My goal is to become a Warrant Officer some day in the Guard. If I don't qualify then I'll just try the Commissioned Officer route. Even if I have to remain in the enlisted ranks I'm going to do my 20 years that way I can retire early.

Back