• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon VR: Game of Chance (OOC)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Holy crap why did I not notice this before. ._.

Can't wait to see this RP off! This seems ridiculously interesting and I'm punching myself for not seeing it earlier.

Happy RPing, hope this makes it to the end!

Thank you :3 I just hope people don't have too high hopes about it now xD Hope you'll be reading, then!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I was planning on Pidgey when I wrote the info post (Pidgeot is awesome) but then I thought Charmander would be more fitting for Viking since it's almost a dragon and I loved the movie "How to train your dragon" where vikings and dragons are :3 So I think it'll be a Charmander.

Also... I guess you can wish for a certain gender or nature when you try to capture a new pokémon, but it adds to the challenge to let me decide ;)
    Gender will be determined with a dice, and nature will be determined as randomly as I can except if there is some nature that I feel would be really interesting to give a certain pokémon of yours ;)

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • I really don't know what to catch for Chloe. the only pokemon i really like from this route are the very rare ones......so a water type is out of the question which leaves grass and fire. I have Bulbasaur in another Rp so still questioning if capturing it, so that leaves only Charmander but again still thinking.

Any suggestions? X_X

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • I'll probably opting for a Bulbasaur or Purrloin, if only because he enjoys "cooler" Pokemon (Purrloin becomes an evil cat thing) and enjoys nostalgia (in Bulbasaur).

Also, anyone want to be Dash's traveling buddy? I promise he won't be too annoying for a guy with a rainbow for hair xD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    That's the problem with Charmander, yeah, I have to make a great post in order to allow myself to capture it :x It's not always easy to be a player in your own RP xD

Hm, for Chloe and Chinchou... What about a Purrloin or Lillipup then? Or maybe don't capture any pokémon at all on this route :3 more comes. Or go with Charmander, it's not a big deal if several of us has the same pokémon. Maybe try a female one for variation xD

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • @ Raikiri - Well I don't think Chloe would be very talkative with Dash and would probably walk 5 meters away from him XD

@ Red – Well I don't really like normal types and Purrloin would be too much for Chloe to handle from the start as they tend to be sneaky. Thinking it over I think Chloe would be too shocked of the place to think of capturing a pokemon so she'll probably end up into trouble and only have to defend herself. :laugh:

PS: I think Vulpix or a Litwick ( if it will be available ) would be a better fire type for Chloe. Not that it was to do with my love for those fire types :cer_blush:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hahhaa poor Dash gets too little love xD

Vulpix will eventually be available, as it is a Kanto pokémon :3 any non-Kanto pokémon, I won't promise you or tell you yet.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • I think Nabooru can go along great with Dash; she can be is traveling partner. :3

(just don't get her mad or else she'll perform a back-bone crusher wrestling move on him!)

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • Dash and Nabooru would be a fun team. Yeah, let's do that! Just need to plan it out at one point ;)

Oh and he totally will get her mad at least once XD. Just because he is a total moron.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • So have him crash the meeting between you two? Got it! Just kidding~

I could have Dash to do anything really. Before it? After it? It's cool with me :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    You can meet up first and then Viking can run into Nabooru and Dash in Viridian or something.

romdinner

Gazing at the sky...
    Years
  • My post is up and ready to be read. Hope it's good enough. See you in a few days as i won't be able to access my computer until Friday I think. :)

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    I'll start my post on the train today after submissions!

For Azure, definitely not a boring Pokémon like Rattata or Pidgey (though I love those guys ;~;), I'll try for a Purrloin maybe, though I do love me some Charmander. :D

And she'll probably go it alone until she finds someone who isn't a wacko. XD

King!

better
    Years
  • Oh gosh, everyone making them plans already x3

For Violet, hmmm....I was thinking Lillipup, if anything on this route xD Although I may just wait a bit. We'll see >:3

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • I want Prince to accidentally catch an 'ugly' Pokémon like Rattatta... And I'm willing to have him journey with someone because he needs someone to carry his bags if anyone wants. That, or he might stalk someone with the intention of making them his servant.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    My post is up and ready to be read. Hope it's good enough. See you in a few days as i won't be able to access my computer until Friday I think. :)
    I might post Viridian during this week but we can refrain from going further. Good luck with your doings!

I'll start my post on the train today after submissions!

For Azure, definitely not a boring Pokémon like Rattata or Pidgey (though I love those guys ;~;), I'll try for a Purrloin maybe, though I do love me some Charmander. :D

And she'll probably go it alone until she finds someone who isn't a wacko. XD
    Viking isn't a wacko :D but I doubt he'd want to travel with anyone xD Yet, at least. I'm toying with the idea of letting him capture a female Charmander, just because he'd think it was annoying that it was female. Though I would somehow think it's annoying too so maybe it'll be a male one after all...

Oh gosh, everyone making them plans already x3

For Violet, hmmm....I was thinking Lillipup, if anything on this route xD Although I may just wait a bit. We'll see >:3
    There'll be more pokémon, maaaany more :3

I want Prince to accidentally catch an 'ugly' Pokémon like Rattatta... And I'm willing to have him journey with someone because he needs someone to carry his bags if anyone wants. That, or he might stalk someone with the intention of making them his servant.
    xD awesome.

@ romdinner - CHINCHOU may now learn FLAIL!
    (if you want it to. Pokémon won't learn new moves in every battle.)

@ me - I'd say I captured the Charmander. Any objections?

VIKING captured a CHARMANDER! (details in first IC post)
    STARYU may now learn RAPID SPIN!

Basically, what I have in mind is that not much at all is required to capture common pokémon. For uncommon pokémon, some kind of adventure or decent battle leading up to the capture is necessary. For a rare pokémon, it should be clear that effort has been put into the episode, either from the battle being long and exciting or the other events leading up to the capture being good enough.

And you MAY split up a 'capture episode' into several posts if you don't feel like writing a friggin novel for a rare pokémon. I won't judge individual posts if it's being made CLEAR that several posts are mainly there for leading up to a capture.

EDIT: btw, I can meet up with someone now if someone would like that :3 Briefly or all the way to Viridian. Prince, perhaps? Or Azure?

Last edited:

King!

better
    Years
  • I know I didn't get to write much yesterday, and I'm going to have a busy day today so I'm bot sure how much I'll be able to do, but once Violet actually starts going somewhere (probably just to Viridian) I'm not opposed to having her meet up with someone xD

There'll be more pokémon, maaaany more :3

YAAAAAY! Lots of Pokemon, woo x3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Don't worry. I'm not going to post Viridian / Route 22 until all players feel like they have done something in Route 1 / Pallet.

Back