• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

People should only have one wing

What do you think?

• Good idea!

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Terrible idea!

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • W-what?

Votes: 17 50.0%

• Total voters

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
I was thinking about Sephiroth today and he only has one wing. I think it would be good if people also had only one wing. Girls should have a wing on the right, and boys should have a wing on the left, and you would only be able to fly properly if you held hands. This would promote stable relationships, and it would also encourage people to find partners, I think.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
Years
It's a cute idea, but it would drive me crazy. I would never be able to fly.

Also, that means there could be no Homosexual relationships, which annoys me even more.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
Years
It's a cute, Hallmark-y idea in theory. Just think about if it were true, though. All of the people who are constantly in relationships would be flying around, while all of the people who are unable to find their other half are stuck walking. This would lead to more problems than not. A new form of natural classism would inevitably form, causing all sorts of rebellion against the couples that can fly. Crime rates and public unhappiness would go through the roof. This is a fundamentally bad idea.

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
[jq]...that means there could be no Homosexual relationships, which annoys me even more.[/jq]You'd hug eachother, then one wing the opposite side to your partners wing.

By the way, ilu Jolene. <3

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
What a bizzare *crosses out* ...unique idea. The asymmetry would annoy me. Pragmatically, this is a horrible (and frightful) idea.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
Years
What a strange idea ): Sure is a cute one though, but one wing would be really annoying...it'd also add another reason for homophobia seeing they won't be able to fly and therefore it is "wrong". Humans flying in general is a nice idea, but it'd screw up a lot of stuff in society. People would be able to genetically engineer two winged people as well, just like people can do sex changes or take estrogen.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
Years
  • Seen Nov 15, 2013
I was thinking about Sephiroth today and he only has one wing. I think it would be good if people also had only one wing. Girls should have a wing on the right, and boys should have a wing on the left, and you would only be able to fly properly if you held hands. This would promote stable relationships, and it would also encourage people to find partners, I think.

Good idea? Bad idea?

Do you know how large a human's wings would have to be to let them fly? And requiring two people to create one pair of wings causes an insane number of problems. People's wings would be different sizes depending on both genetics and height which would cause most 'couples' to be unable to fly straight. Can you imagine sleeping with a wing sticking out of your back/shoulder? It would also be impossible for two humans so to synchronize their wings to beat at the same time as birds do.

Really, even if humans had a wing like your idea suggests, we still wouldn't be able to fly.

Years
well, SonicThrust said above, the pyhsics of it dont work out. also, the homosexual would not be able to be able to fly. they would be stuck alone on the ground T_T

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
Years
Physics aside, I'm in favour of this idea no matter how implausible it is. Though, I'm worried about the implications of a new form of discrimination. People who are by nature, loners would never be able to fly. The rest would probably mock and look down upon this other group.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
If you ever played FFVII:crisis core, you would know that people can actually fly with one wing. I don't see how it can mean a stable relationship, because relationships are usually anything but.

Azonic

hello friends
Years
I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. :x Homosexual relationship & discrimination problems would definitely erupt.
Physics aside, I'm in favour of this idea no matter how implausible it is. Though, I'm worried about the implications of a new form of discrimination. People who are by nature, loners would never be able to fly. The rest would probably mock and look down upon this other group.
omg i totally got that lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Wow, hahaha. Well I think it's a cute idea. Though it'd probably be impossible to suddenly hold hands with someone and fly after being on the ground most of your life, aside from other factors (as mentioned above by others).

Also, I don't think it counts as discrimination if it's your own body. That's like saying it's discriminatory that two people of the same sex can't sexually reproduce.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2017
The idea seems cute to me, but there are a lot of problems that come with it...
If the wing proportions of the two people are not the same, then there would be a lot of problems.
Another problem would be that it is one kind of discrimination, as singles would die in the pain of not getting two things instead of one, lol.
There are a lot more to it though, but homosexual people not being to fly is just not thought out correctly. All they have to do is hug each other and then fly when the other wing just goes opposite...

Royal Squirt

Senior Squirtle
Years
Interesting idea, how did you come up with it?
People seem to be taking it quite literally, prehaps it could replace intercourse? We can fly with each other instead.

matt561

Your French Charizard
Years
Interesting idea, how did you come up with it?
People seem to be taking it quite literally, prehaps it could replace intercourse? We can fly with each other instead.

Where would the babies come from?

That is what intercourse is for at the end of the day.

Back