• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Idea about Pokethlon!

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
Years
  • I have recently been thinking about my future fan fictions and I suddenly thought of the Pokethlon from the upcoming remakes of Gold and Silver. Here is it:

Aim To Be The King - Pokethlon!

The story would be set in the Johto region, and it would revolve around a young and ambitious boy. The boy is named Jack (it could change) who is torn between a decision to be a trainer or a coordinator. Suffering under the commands of his mother and father, he decides to do whats best for him and he runs away from home. That is when he hears about the Pokethlon, a special triathlon in which Pokemon all around the world participate to show off their capabilities.

Only way to participate in the triathlon is to obtain three medals of Attack, Defense and Speed from the Pokethlon Masters around the Johto.

Boy remains persistent not evolving his Pokemon what is the goal of the whole thing about Pokethlon, to show your Pokemon can be powerful although un-evolved.

The winner of the Pokethlon gets the chance to face the Pokethlon King and to become one himself.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think it could work, but there are two things to keep in mind:

- You'd have to really show a good reason for him to run away, perhaps the family is yelling, or they are hitting each other

- You'd have to really show the reader that the main character doesn't want his pokemon to evolve, or he aspires that he does not want to.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • I think it could work, but there are two things to keep in mind:

- You'd have to really show a good reason for him to run away, perhaps the family is yelling, or they are hitting each other

- You'd have to really show the reader that the main character doesn't want his pokemon to evolve, or he aspires that he does not want to.

- Well yeah, it could work out. His life would be a total mess while his parents divorce and get on court to battle for who is going to keep him.

- Maybe he is just happy with his Pokemon the way they are and he wouldn't like to change them. Maybe he is a boy who is afraid of big changes in his life which is the reason he escaped from his home, or maybe is he someone who wants to prove himself by not evolving his Pokemon?

There are many posibilities.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah afraid of change is good (don't be afraid of making the main character not perfect either).

Also would a trainer have to have knowledge about evolution to not want their pokemon to evolve?

Though it does look like it is an internal battle with the pokemon too (as per the anime), that is to say, Ash's Pokemon would probably know that it is up to them to evolve.

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Yeah afraid of change is good (don't be afraid of making the main character not perfect either).

Also would a trainer have to have knowledge about evolution to not want their pokemon to evolve?

Though it does look like it is an internal battle with the pokemon too (as per the anime), that is to say, Ash's Pokemon would probably know that it is up to them to evolve.

It is some kind of battle too. You see, his Pokemon will notice when they are ready for the evolution and the next stage, but Jack wont allow them to evolve causing some, lets call misbehavior. There comes the character development in the play as I don't intend to give him more than three or four Pokemon.

About the main character, Jack will not be a typical kind of protagonist. When he gets into some serious situations or trouble he runs. He runs from from changes and problems, when its time to confront to someone, that is his policy of running. But as he travels through through Johto he learns more about his Pokemon and learns too that change can be good sometimes. He also gains more confidence but starts getting more stubborn getting his Pokemon friends in serious troubles.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hmmm, then I can say as thus far, I don't see a flaw, or open hole, and as long as you explain stuff well, I can see it being written well. Good luck. ;)

ben_pokemon

ツタージャ <3
    Years
  • Hmmm, then I can say as thus far, I don't see a flaw, or open hole, and as long as you explain stuff well, I can see it being written well. Good luck. ;)

Thank you Feign. I will try hard and as soon I get this fan fiction done, I am posting it here. Just hope Ill gonna get a decent amount of readers.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I'd rather focus on getting it done right ;) Though a review is also good. Right now, for my fic, I only have to finish it X_x Which has been taking longer than it should. Haha.

Back