• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is Electivire a monkey?

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Cause, I was thinking of making an entire team of monkeys for fun

I figure it'd be

Ambipom
Primape
Infernape
Simisage
Simipour

Then, there's Simisear, and Darmantian but I don't think having 2 fires is exactly a good idea

But, Electivire looks monkey-ish, and I guess Slaking is some sort of monkey... but the question is... are they REALLY monkeys?! O_o

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
Well, Slaking is a sloth, and Bulbapedia classifies Electivire as "humanoid"...whether that means monkey is up to you, since people also say that monkeys are humanoid. I personally think that it isn't.

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
Years
I'm pretty sure Electabuzz is an Orangutan, which isn't technically a monkey. However, you have Primeape which is ape-like so I assume when you say monkey you mean primates.
So, I'd say Electivire would work (helped by the fact it and Electabuzz both have tails despite their ape like appearance).
Sloths are actually primates it's just that they are prosimian primates instead of simian primates which would work as well.

You could also use human-like Pokemon since humans are primates, but that may be not what you're wanting.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I'm pretty sure Electabuzz is an Orangutan, which isn't technically a monkey. However, you have Primeape which is ape-like so I assume when you say monkey you mean primates.
So, I'd say Electivire would work (helped by the fact it and Electabuzz both have tails despite their ape like appearance).
Sloths are actually primates it's just that they are prosimian primates instead of simian primates which would work as well.

You could also use human-like Pokemon since humans are primates, but that may be not what you're wanting.

Yeah, primates works. I thought monkey was just a synonym for that anyway lol

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Electivire is heavily based on a yeti, with characteristics of gorillas. It's a monkey Pokémon to an extent.

Back