• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That'll be a nice twist, as it annoys me to get dragged into the buildings, I can do it myself thank you very much! Also it gives a chance to those that don't who don't like the contests, musicals, theater a chance to avoid them all together.

tnfsf11

I can already imagine that Billboard being an AD for a girls-only contest!
Imagine that, depending on your gender in the game, your side-quests change! That would be awesome & would motivate me to restart the game even more!!!
Am I the only one??

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Talking about mini-stuffs, I hope the PokeAthalon makes a return. I loved that minigame!
Favorite Side-STuff:
1. PokeAthalon
2. Contests
3. Musicals

Guy

just a guy
Years
I can already imagine that Billboard being an AD for a girls-only contest!
Imagine that, depending on your gender in the game, your side-quests change! That would be awesome & would motivate me to restart the game even more!!!
Am I the only one??
Nooooooooo.

I'm a guy and I really liked the Pokémon Contests. So making the side stuff gender based would just ruin it for me since I never play as the female protagonists ─ even if they look better than the guys' designs more than half the time. I think making something as side quests, as trivial as they may be to the overall game, gender differentiated would be a big negative in my opinion.

tnfsf11

Well, I have to agree partially, but I sometimes play with the female protagonists just for a change... I'm just in favor of anything that will add to the replay value of the games...

Years
It's practically confirmed that wouldn't happen considering the main site says that no matter which sex we pick to play as there won't be big difference in game play. And having different mini games seems like a big difference. Now if it's a small aethestic difference like say the color of the place than maybe.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
In any case though, shying away from this topic, do you guys think that the surf mechanics might be changed this time around? I'm quite a bit curious about that myself, but I'm wondering if that Lapras-ish Pokemon that appears when you surf would still continue to appear, or whether it'd actually show your Pokemon carrying you through the water. Now, I do realize that implementing the latter would take a lot more time and resources (perhaps) on GF's part, but I think it's really innovative approach to surfing, so how do you guys feel about this?

I would love to see that happen! I want the same thing with Fly, not just a black bird.
But I can see a problem if GF made the Surf sprite apart for.any other Pokemon. The Player that sits on a Horsea while crossing the ocean? Nahh... looks awkward.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
With the E3 Presentation/Q&A on the 11th, the release of CoroCoro on the 15th, and another Pokémon X and Pokémon Y special episode of Pokémon Smash on the 16th, we're due to either receive some new information three times or a lot of different information.
What do you think will be revealed? I'm thinking some more new Pokémon, maybe some town and/or city names, and I'm very sure that we'll find out what type Sylveon is (if not, maybe the new movie short will help?), possibly along with Xerneas and Yveltal's type. I hope they reveal the starter evolutions too.

blue

gucci
Years
With the E3 Presentation/Q&A on the 11th, the release of CoroCoro on the 15th, and another Pokémon X and Pokémon Y special episode of Pokémon Smash on the 16th, we're due to either receive some new information three times or a lot of different information.
What do you think will be revealed? I'm thinking some more new Pokémon, maybe some town and/or city names, and I'm very sure that we'll find out what type Sylveon is (if not, maybe the new movie short will help?), possibly along with Xerneas and Yveltal's type. I hope they reveal the starter evolutions too.

Well whichever is revealed first the other news source is likely to cover that specific information, so if E3 reveal something during their roundtable conference I'm pretty sure Smash will just cover what we were given from E3. CoroCoro on the other hand would have already been published a couple of weeks prior to its release so we're likely to get something new in that respect.

Years
I'm fairly sure they'll release quite a bit of info at E3 and CoroCoro is always good for information, hoping to see some really cool new pokemon and more info about the ones we've already seen.

blue

gucci
Years
Bottom line is we will get some sort of X and Y news this month from one of the three upcoming events. Ofc it would be a bonus to receive even more news from Smash after the E3 and CoroCoro had wrapped up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Three events pretty much mean same info. Smash always repeats what CoroCoro releases when it comes after the CoroCoro's release date. E3 probably won't be giving any new info and only recap for the US media since their site isn't a huge traffic area for many fans.

I expect next to nothing of anything new. We had a big release not to long ago so I don't expect anything this time mostly because of how the news release has been going. We'll probably have more info on the Genesect Movie and Eevee short with no real info planted into it. Like two mini comic teasers for the show possibly how they start off. But that's about as much as I expect them to show.

We still have another Month for Sylveon's type to be announced. I'm sticking with it'll be announced when the movie comes out. That seems to be the only set date concerning Sylveon. I don't expect Starter or Legend's typing to come out until August or September.

If we are to get some new news, hope they release some new items that are in the game. Something small, but still discussion worthy. Or maybe some new attacks and abilities. Maybe they'll go more into the Mewtwo form though like with Sylveon I expect that next month......(Though honestly the CoroCoro coming out is the July edition so that is the month that the movies release)

Still we are not guaranteed any new info. Really shouldn't be expecting anything big or new. At least it'll be more of a surprise if they do show something and less of a let down if they don't...like how we've been having that horrible track record of fans whining because of their disappointment.

Years
I expect something will come, maybe something small but still think we'll have something, we usually get a small bit every month after may or at least we did with Gen 5's pairs.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Well, I gotta stand on the opposite side of the fence to Xander. I'm actually expecting more information to be released this month from CoroCoro akin to last. Serebii is reporting that Pokémon Smash is having another X and Y Special next weekend with Junichi Masuda making an appearance yet again. This will follow right after CoroCoro is released in Japan and after E3. So I'm willing to bet there will be something new to look forward to this coming week.

Also, if we're to go by history, when Black and White were first revealed, a lot more information came from CoroCoro during the months of May/June/July and so forth. It's the summer time so it's the best time to amp up the promotion for the games now leading up to release day.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Animal Crossing New Leaf just came out. They'll move to promoting X and Y more now, I think.

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Animal Crossing New Leaf just came out. They'll move to promoting X and Y more now, I think.

Cyclone

In Japan or International? If International New Leaf comes out next week on the 9th.

Either way, New Leaf can still be an E3 header. Nintendo has a fairly large line up for the Summer all the way to the holiday season. Pokemon gets its own 90 min segment to showcase all the current news and do a Q&A at the end.

CoroCoro wise I think we are supposed to get more Movie info this issue since they both come out next month which is the dated month for the magazine. With the movie that close the bulk of advertisements should be on that.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
It's been announced by Serebii that Pokemon Smash is going to show something special regarding XY this week, so I expect that special news to be included at E3's Pokemon conference, followed by this month's CoroCoro.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
It's been announced by Serebii that Pokemon Smash is going to show something special regarding XY this week, so I expect that special news to be included at E3's Pokemon conference, followed by this month's CoroCoro.

Not this week. Next Week. The 16th is the episode they are supposed to have something big for X and Y...though they've said that before and have shown nothing of merit. Only recaps or nothing at all. Even Junichi Matsuda being there doesn't mean that much what with most his past exploits amounting to next to nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back