• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Judge my team please?

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
OKay. SO this team is mixed Though I think two of my pokemon make it OU. Please rate and tell me how I can improve upon this team. (Mostly items. I'm not sure where to go on that)

Claydol@Metronome
Levitate
Bold
252HP/144Def/114SpAtt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock

I was thinking this would make an OK lead. It's endurance is alright. But it does leave something or other to be desired.

Lapras@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Modest
192HP/112Def/160SpAtt/44SpDef
-Thunder(Will be Thunderbolt when I get the TM)
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Sing

This was Just a blind smogon follow. I may rebreed her into an adamant attacker. Not sure.

Ninetales@Charcoal(Or Life Orb)
Flash Fire
Timid
252SpAtt/4SpDef/252Speed
-Fire Blast
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot

Another blind smogon follow. Her speed is way up there. I love her, and would like to keep her.

Torterra@Quick Claw
Overgrow
Impish
212HP/252Def/44Speed
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Leech Seed

A hard decision. My original torterra was like a baby to me. But this one will probabaly end up better due to specialization.

Lucario@Wise Glasses
Inner Focus
Modest
252SpAtt/252Speed/4Att(Not sure about the last one)
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic
-Flash Cannon

I'm not entirely sure on the EVs for this one. It was a shiny I got in a trade. But her stats are worth keeping in my opinion.

And now the one that will snag me the most criticism:

Charizard@Focus Sash
Blaze
Adamant
252Att/252Speed/4SpDef(Not sure about the last one there either)
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Dance

This one was EV trained for me, and I never asked for the spread, so I'm guesstimating. Another shiny I would prefer to keep.

Last edited:

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
OKay. SO this team is mixed Though I think two of my pokemon make it OU. Please rate and tell me how I can improve upon this team. (Mostly items. I'm not sure where to go on that)

Claydol@Leftovers
Levitate
Bold
252HP/144Def/114SpAtt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock

Lapras@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Modest
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Ice Shard
-Sing/Return

Lapras does better with stuff like Waterfall and Ice Shard and Dragon Dance because it has a higher attack than SpAtk.

Flash Fire
Timid
252SpAtt/4SpDef/252Speed
-Fire Blast
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot

Life Orb >>> Charcoal, also drop fire blast or flamethrower (your choice) for Hypnosis

Torterra@Quick Claw
Overgrow
Impish
212HP/252Def/44Speed
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Leech Seed

Lucario@Wise Glasses
Inner Focus
Modest
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic
-Flash Cannon

Charizard@ Life Orb
Blaze
Adamant
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Dance

Comments are underlined.

Personally, I think you have too much offense, and I would have Claydol be a screener with rapid spin and SR so that it can help your 5 other sweepers by giving them Light Screen/Reflect support. Also, I'm just going to say this now, your pokemon a description under them or a mod will lock this. Just a fyi. Make sure you spin away the stones before you bring out Zard otherwise it loses 50% of its health.

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Comments are underlined.

Personally, I think you have too much offense, and I would have Claydol be a screener with rapid spin and SR so that it can help your 5 other sweepers by giving them Light Screen/Reflect support. Also, I'm just going to say this now, your pokemon a description under them or a mod will lock this. Just a fyi. Make sure you spin away the stones before you bring out Zard otherwise it loses 50% of its health.

I knew about the stones. I found that one out the hard way and lost because of it. But your advice has inspired me to..... rebreed my lapras. The spread and ability plus a lot of other factors Give me an excellent reason to. I just hope it doesn't take as long as this one.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
Years
Just to say, Lapras has even attack stats, so I don't know where you're getting the "Attack is higher than Special Attack" thing. :/

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today

Claydol@Leftovers
Levitate
Bold
252HP/144Def/114SpAtt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock

You only win vs Metagross, Jirachi (depends on what it chooses to do), and Gliscor. :\ Leftovers is better than Metronome as it helps with your defensive ability and they probably have a Ground resistance / immunity forcing you to switch before Metronome helps any.

Lapras@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Sing

This is basically outclassed by Vaporeon, Suicune, etc. Lapras is also SR weak and lacks a Fire resistance that you need because Heatran rips through your team.

Flash Fire
Timid
252SpAtt/4SpDef/252Speed
-Fire Blast / Hidden Power Ground
-Flamethrower / Hidden Power Ground
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot

Ehh, this is really hard to set up in OU, but use HP Ground instead of one of the Fire moves so Heatran doesn't wall you.

Torterra@Leftovers
Overgrow
Impish
212HP/252Def/44Speed
-Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Leech Seed

Quick Claw is illegal to use sometimes, and honestly it doesn't help Torterra do his job as it is too unreliable. Leftovers helps Torterra a ton since it doesn't any source of recovery and sometimes you won't get a chance to Leech Seed. Seed Bomb is an option if so Torterra doesn't die quick.

Lucario@Wise Glasses / Choice Specs
Inner Focus
Modest
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Ice
-Vacuum Wave / Close Combat

First of, Shadow Ball + Aura Sphere gives you unresisted coverage and one of the best offensive type combination. It helps with stuff like Celebi and Rotom-A who resist / immune your STAB. HP Rock is great for killing Gyarados and Salamence, where as HP Ice is for Gliscor and it OHKOs Salamence without needing SR up unlike HP Rock. Vacuum Wave because you're really slow (and it helps with Scarf Heatran) where as Steel is one the worst offensive types being resisted by basically everything. Close Combat is also an option since Blissey can wall you forever.

Charizard@Life Orb / Leftovers / Lum Berry
Blaze
Adamant
-Flare Blitz / Fire Punch
-Earthquake / ThunderPunch
-Roost / ThunderPunch
-Dragon Dance / Swords Dance

You NEED a Fire STAB move if you want to do any damage, so Flare Blitz or Fire Punch should be used over Crunch. Earthquake helps a lot with Tyranitar, Heatran, etc, while ThunderPunch is good for Waters like 2HKOing Vaporeon (but you need to lure it with Ninetales and kill it first) while OHKOing Gyarados. Swords Dance is another good option to use since Charizard is fast enough to abuse it. Oh, and Focus Sash doesn't work with SR and sandstorm everywhere, so one the items above is preferable.
I might come back later for threats, etc.

Also, I'm just going to say this now, your pokemon a description under them or a mod will lock this. Just a fyi.
Luke got rid of the description rule unless you're a veteran from what I've heard. If the rule still exists then a few threads would be locked now.

Last edited:

Kirozane

Frolic and fun~
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Woah... I'm still reeling from all that info.... If that's the case I may as well rebreed my entire team....

Years
your team has a big weakness to water moves. a fast water type could wipe out claydol, ninetails, and charizard. i agree with gamer have claydol set up SR to help out your team and even out the Offense vs the Defense

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
Years

Claydol@Metronome
Levitate
Bold You might want a Lax or Relaxed nature.
252HP/144Def/114SpAtt
-Ice Beam
-Earth Power
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock

I was thinking this would make an OK lead. It's endurance is alright. But it does leave something or other to be desired.

Lapras@Leftovers
Water Absorb
Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Sing
/Toxic
This was Just a blind smogon follow. I may rebreed her into an adamant attacker. Not sure.

Ninetales@Charcoal(Or Life Orb) Life Orb is better due to the fact that it powers up all of Ninetales' attacks.
Flash Fire
Timid
252SpAtt/4SpDef/252Speed
-Fire Blast I'd recommend Hypnosis over 2 STAB moves.
-Flamethrower
-Energy Ball
-Nasty Plot

Another blind smogon follow. Her speed is way up there. I love her, and would like to keep her.

Torterra@Quick Claw If your opponent bans the Quick Claw, use Leftovers.
Overgrow
Impish
212HP/252Def/44Speed
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Leech Seed

A hard decision. My original torterra was like a baby to me. But this one will probabaly end up better due to specialization.

Lucario@Wise Glasses Another option is the Choice Specs.
Inner Focus
Modest Unless you use Vacuum Wave, go with the Timid nature.
252SpAtt/252Speed/4Att(Not sure about the last one) 4Atk?! You have no physical attacks! Use either 252SpAtk, 252Spd, 4SpDef/Def or ONLY IF YOU USE VACUUM WAVE, 252SpAtk, 160Spd and 92SpDef/Def.
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Psychic
-Flash Cannon
A Steel-type move is completely useless with a Fighting-type move. You should give it is Vacuum Wave or Hidden Power Rock/Ice.
I'm not entirely sure on the EVs for this one. It was a shiny I got in a trade. But her stats are worth keeping in my opinion.

Charizard@Focus Sash Another option, if you have one, is a Salac Berry. Salac Berries work very well with the ablities Blaze, Overgrow and Torrent. You can risk a Life Orb, but a wouldn't recommend it.
Blaze
Adamant
-Crunch
-Dragon Claw
-Rock Slide
-Dragon Dance

OK. Are you serious that you don't have a Fire-type move? The lack of a Flying-type move is fine since the only decent Flying-type Charizard can learn is Air Slash (a special attack), but Crunch should be replaced with Fire Punch. Rock Slide can be replaced with Earthquake but Rock Slide is fine too. With a Fire-type move, a Dragon-type move and a Ground/Rock-type move you can hit EVERY Pokémon for regularly or super effective damage.
This one was EV trained for me, and I never asked for the spread, so I'm guesstimating. Another shiny I would prefer to keep.
Hope this helps!
By the way, I am working on a PowerPoint presentation of movesets for all Pokémon, like Smogon.

Back