• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

TC Revamp [thx for the feedback <3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Well this idea just came to me. Would it be possible to allow members to be able to edit the titles of their own threads (just in the Trade Corner) so they won't have to bug a moderator every time they want to change their shop title or announce a giveaway?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
Well this idea just came to me. Would it be possible to allow members to be able to edit the titles of their own threads (just in the Trade Corner) so they won't have to bug a moderator every time they want to change their shop title or announce a giveaway?
Exact same thought lol XD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Sigh..... NVM. I just knew my ideas are not good. -_-

(I just don't even know why twilightblade ask for suggestions and ideas from me in the first place)

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Welll..... How about a giveaway section in the tradecorner where we can make giveaway threads?
Giveaway section alone I don't think would work. If services were added that may be one thing. But still both of those together may not generate enough active to warrant a subforum.

I'm really against having a thread for who are good and bad traders. Moreso the good traders than anything. Having a list of good traders shadows the other users who aren't defined as "good" but they are and never get trades because of these people who others will always go to.
Having a list of "good" traders from say a guest or new persons perspective would come off elitist to me. I'm not in favor of that listing of good or bad either.

I think threads should be approved by a moderator.
That would be more of a pain for TwilightBlade and Aurafire then their current situation. At least with Graveyard they can just move all the unneeded topics their instead of having to look over absolutely every thread before it is approved.

I'd love this as a forumwide then, since I hate not being able to edit it 15 minutes after topic creation.

Sigh..... NVM. I just knew my ideas are not good. -_-

(I just don't even know why twilightblade ask for suggestions and ideas from me in the first place)
Because she wanted as much feedback as she could get. Any feedback is better then no feedback. At least you voiced your opinion, even though people didn't agree with some of your suggestions.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Yaaayyy, my suggestion was considered, that's the first time a professional forum ever mentioned my name in a "considerations" post. *excited.* :D

Oh and I mean sub forums in general, like not just in this section, but I mean in total. Like "4th gen trade section", "5th gen trade section", etc.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Oh and I mean sub forums in general, like not just in this section, but I mean in total. Like "4th gen trade section", "5th gen trade section", etc.

Wait, if I got this right; you want sub-forums in most of the forums? \; Those Sub-forums would be 4th Gen Trading and 5th Gen Trading. Wouldn't that kinda take away the purpose from the TC. Or are you saying TC should those as sub-forums.

:x confused.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Yaaayyy, my suggestion was considered, that's the first time a professional forum ever mentioned my name in a "considerations" post. *excited.* :D

I'm confused as well. So if this is the case wouldn't TC be split in two? And what of the people that have shops that have both 4th and 5th Generation offered? I'm guessing their would be two separate shops then?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm confused as well. So if this is the case wouldn't TC be split in two? And what of the people that have shops that have both 4th and 5th Generation offered? I'm guessing their would be two separate shops then?

If that is the case. Things would get extremely confusing. \; Managing two different shops, updating them both. Making them both. It would just be a great big hassle. If splitting TC up is what you meant; I say no. ;/

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
Oh yeah, that is true...

Well then, I think people should be forced to write "4th gen" or "5th gen" before their trade threads or quick-trades.
It would make things easier, since there's no other way to secure this.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Oh yeah, that is true...

Well then, I think people should be forced to write "4th gen" or "5th gen" before their trade threads or quick-trades.
It would make things easier, since there's no other way to secure this.

Forcing people to do that would be pretty annoying (for both members and moderators), so I strongly dissagree with your idea.
I honestly don't see what the problem is. It's incredibly easy to tell which generation a thread is just by looking through it anyway.

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
It's not only trade threads. It's mainly in the quick-trade. and that's my point. Sometimes I want to trade in 4th gen only, so I look for 4th gen threads only, I don't want to open 5 tabs only to realize that 4 of them are 5th gen. How hard is it to write "4th gen/5th gen"? Hell, to make it easier, it's already THERE for you! All you have to do while making a thread is click on the left side and open the drop-down menu, and click "4th gen" or "5th gen" if you're too mental/lazy to do that, then why even make a trade thread? If you're doing both, write "both", or something. It isn't very hard.

And in the Quick Trade topic, I constantly see people write stuff like "I want a Gible, offering Treecko" etc. So you can't tell if it's 5th or 4th gen. I can understand posts like "I want Hydreigon, will offer Salamence", etc.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Then they should state their friend code and what game it is too upon THEIR post in that topic. That's going to be even more hard to regulate then Threads though. Having suffixs probably should be mandatory, that or have the friend codes posted either in the persons first post of their topic or in their signature. Whatever makes trading easier for both parties, should be the route to go whatever that may be.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
It's not only trade threads. It's mainly in the quick-trade. and that's my point. Sometimes I want to trade in 4th gen only, so I look for 4th gen threads only, I don't want to open 5 tabs only to realize that 4 of them are 5th gen. How hard is it to write "4th gen/5th gen"? Hell, to make it easier, it's already THERE for you! All you have to do while making a thread is click on the left side and open the drop-down menu, and click "4th gen" or "5th gen" if you're too mental/lazy to do that, then why even make a trade thread? If you're doing both, write "both", or something. It isn't very hard.

And in the Quick Trade topic, I constantly see people write stuff like "I want a Gible, offering Treecko" etc. So you can't tell if it's 5th or 4th gen. I can understand posts like "I want Hydreigon, will offer Salamence", etc.
Well 5th gen is the current generation. So, a good rule of thumb is to assume the trades are for 5th gen unless otherwise stated. I have no problem with "strongly recommending" people to specify if they are trading in 4th gen, but forcing everyone to specify trades for 5th gen would be unnecessary and annoying.

Then they should state their friend code and what game it is too upon THEIR post in that topic. That's going to be even more hard to regulate then Threads though. Having suffixs probably should be mandatory, that or have the friend codes posted either in the persons first post of their topic or in their signature. Whatever makes trading easier for both parties, should be the route to go whatever that may be.
If someone does not have an organized trade thread, then is probably not worth trading with them anyway (imho).

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
The FC is whatever to me. They'll exchange FCs if they're going to trade anyway, so no point really, but it does help I guess. Not a huge deal to me, I think the suffixes are important though.

The game doesn't really matter if they post the generation and the Pokemon they own.

And why should we have to assume that? Like I said, if you're too lazy to use a VERY VERY VERY simple to use suffix, don't bother making a thread. You can post all the Pokemon you have, but you can't use a simply prefix? It doesnt matter what Generation it is, that is completely irrelevant to the argument.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
And why should we have to assume that? Like I said, if you're too lazy to use a VERY VERY VERY simple to use suffix, don't bother making a thread. You can post all the Pokemon you have, but you can't use a simply prefix? It doesnt matter what Generation it is, that is completely irrelevant to the argument.
Uh, stating something is irrelevant to the argument does not make it so.
And yeah, it does matter. The vast majority of trading nowadays is 5th gen, so why annoy them merely for the convenience of the minority of traders that still trade in 4th gen? Think of how much effort it would be to crack down on every single person who does not list which generation they are trading in. And, as I said before to Kenshin5: if you don't like the way someone structures their thread, don't trade with them. Simple as that.

EDIT: Uh, yeah that smily on the top of my post was unintentional. (And I can't delete it).

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2022
Because she wanted as much feedback as she could get. Any feedback is better then no feedback. At least you voiced your opinion, even though people didn't agree with some of your suggestions.

Thanks, Kenshin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
^ ^ I love the common sense involved... yeah why make people do something insanely simple that even a 6 year old can do (if a 6 year old can get on a forum, make a thread, and type a trade, they can make a simple prefix), when we can make everyone assume it's 5th gen and skip a thread when it could be a huuuuge key trade going on there?There are a lot of people that still trade 4th gen, just cause you don't, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. And LMAO @ your last argument, yeah cause if the greatest trader ever has a bad thread, I should completely ignore them right?

What's easier, making every person eager to trade in a certain generation open a bunch of tabs to figure out what generation each thread is, or just simply have each person say what generation they're trading from? Seems like such common sense, I almost can't believe you're arguing against it. Seems so ridiculous to me.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
Wow, you're getting way too worked up over this. Anyway, I'll respond to this piece by piece.
^ ^ I love the common sense involved... yeah why make people do something insanely simple that even a 6 year old can do (if a 6 year old can get on a forum, make a thread, and type a trade, they can make a simple prefix), when we can make everyone assume it's 5th gen and skip a thread when it could be a huuuuge key trade going on there?
If you really care that much, just open up the thread. Besides, prefixes aren't always aesthetically pleasing
There are a lot of people that still trade 4th gen, just cause you don't, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.
I never said I didn't. I still play, RNG, and trade on my fourth Gen games. And even though there are a lot of people, 5th gen is still the clear majority. And what's wrong with asking just 4th gen players to do it?
And LMAO @ your last argument, yeah cause if the greatest trader ever has a bad thread, I should completely ignore them right?
Uh, what? It's up to you to decide which treads you ignore.
What's easier, making every person eager to trade in a certain generation open a bunch of tabs to figure out what generation each thread is, or just simply have each person say what generation they're trading from?
What, are you on dial up? How is opening a bunch of tabs hard? It really doesn't take that long. You're criticizing other people for being lazy, yet this sounds like major laziness on your part.
Seems like such common sense, I almost can't believe you're arguing against it. Seems so ridiculous to me.
I really have no problem with it being in the rules, as long as it's not enforced. What I have a problem with is people being forced to do it.
How would it be enforced anyway? Would someone's thread get locked (or QTT post deleted) if they didn't list which generation they were trading in?
Again you're asking for something that would put an undue burden on the moderators and would just be annoying to other traders.

TL;DR
  • 5th gen is the current generation, regardless of the rules, it is reasonable to assume that all trades will be 5th gen unless otherwise stated. This is just common sense.
  • The rule would be difficult to enforce and annoying for staff and members should it be enforced.
  • I have no problem with it being listed as a guideline

Years
^ ^ I love the common sense involved... yeah why make people do something insanely simple that even a 6 year old can do (if a 6 year old can get on a forum, make a thread, and type a trade, they can make a simple prefix), when we can make everyone assume it's 5th gen and skip a thread when it could be a huuuuge key trade going on there?There are a lot of people that still trade 4th gen, just cause you don't, doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. And LMAO @ your last argument, yeah cause if the greatest trader ever has a bad thread, I should completely ignore them right?

What's easier, making every person eager to trade in a certain generation open a bunch of tabs to figure out what generation each thread is, or just simply have each person say what generation they're trading from? Seems like such common sense, I almost can't believe you're arguing against it. Seems so ridiculous to me.

I'd lose the tone kiddo. It won't solve anything.

There are more threads pertaining to current generation, ie, B/W. It's always been that way, I've been here a very long time, I know things. Current generation supersedes the former.

And why are we making a huge deal of something so completely trivial and stupid. If you want to see what sort of thread it is, then click the link. If you don't see anything you like, then click the back button. Not hard at all, is it?

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
He's doing the same thing, you didn't tell him anything?

and like it's so much harder to use the prefixes..

But wow, whatever. Seems like the only people here that actually take ideas into consideration and look at them in any way are Twilight Blade and Kenshin.

I'll just stop posting suggestions and go back to my trading, I don't care what happens anymore, I was just pitching my ideas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back