• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen How many pokémons have you caught in Pokémon R/S/E ?

Imrul Quayes Adnan

The adventure begins from HERE
Years
  • So, playing R/S/E ?
    Trying to catch all the pokémons? I want to know about your progress. Share with us. How many pokemons have you caught?

Years
  • I know that in my best run of Sapphire, I managed to catch somewhere around 220 Pokemon before I started a new file. I wasn't really trying to get a completed Pokedex, but a lot of trading back and forth between Sapphire and FireRed got me that high.

My most recent Sapphire playthrough is pretty weak though- I think I'm might have caught about 15 Pokemon (so about 25 if you count evolutions), and I'm right by the Pokemon League.

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • My pokedex for ruby currently is....84! It will be a while before I catch up to my leaf green game.

Last edited:

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • The highest dex completion number I ever had in a gen 3 game was 381 in Emerald. The ones I didn't have were Mew, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys.

Got Lugia from Gale of Darkness.

Gen 3 is probably the hardest to fill the dex since you need pretty much all 5 main games from that gen and the Orre games to complete it (minus the events of course).

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • I was like "That's a good question", and went to go find my DS and my RSE games.

The internal battery is dead on all of them, one of them has no save file, and the other has a save file that has about ten minutes on it. I never deleted my Emerald file because it had a loooot of Pokemon it that I actually got through events and trading with friends years ago. D: Sad day.

My Ruby dex I know had quite a number, and my Emerald dex was nearly pretty full, I guess I can say that much.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    On my first Ruby file I had pretty much most of the Pokedex filled out. Sadly I accidentally saved over that when I meant to restart my Sapphire (don't ask how that happened) and so I lost all motivation to complete a Pokedex after that.

Years
  • I have completed both the Hoenn and the National pokedex. It was quite difficult(eg. finding celebi, mew, the legendary beasts, etc etc...) not to say time consuming(500+hours only on pokemon emerald). I remember as it was yesterday what completion i felt, how fullfilled i was as little kid(not more than 13-15) when I accomplished that feat. If you want, I could get a photo from my pokemon emerald in my gameboy SP to show you.

Years
  • Wow, that's great. I'm sorry I didn't notice it before. Actually I was absent for a lot of days here in PC dew to my exam. Btw, that's really great that you finished your poke-dex. Nice to see you, Hoenn Master. xD

Oh, that's ok, understand. Real life needs our immediate attention after all. I just wanted to share that with you and with everyone. Hope you did great with your exam and that you too accomplish great achievements if you haven't already, both in real life and in pokemon world, fellow trainer! xD

PokeTrekkie92

Gym Leader of Alabaster
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2022
    Well let me pull out my old Gameboy and start up my GBA cartridge of Pokemon sapphire, let's see I have....198 Pokemon!

Tewi

Хорошо
    Years
  • On my ongoing (well, i'd say the one i get the most) Emerald run i have 83, but i didn't finish the game so... I think i have to do the last gym and everything that comes after that.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
    Years
  • On Emerald, after mass trading between the other 3rd Gen games, Colosseum and XD, I completed the National Dex + Jirachi. Only missing Deoxys, Celebi and Mew. But thankfully, they don't count in it. It took more hours then I would of liked but I wanted to get that done in my favorite game, and it was rewarding just to do so once :P

Schleckenmiester

Developer
    Years
  • I used a rom for Emerald on iOS, I caught tons of them but then I decided to sell my iPod, I tried to transfer the files over but I was unsuccessful and I don't remember how many I caught.

Back