• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Centrium Magnificus/On my Own

Sawyer

���
Years
  • Version 1 - Basic:
    centrium1.png

Version 2 - Editted:
    centrium2.png

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    the editted one looks like a mistake, nice sig not to my liking but alot of others probably do.... what did you do to create the shapes?

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • I used the freeform pen tool. Like drawing, except a lot harder. Look a bit harder, rpg, and you'll see what it resembles. It's not fully abstract.

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • We call such a thing minimalism in flaring. I don't really know what your problem is with me, considering this got me a proffesional grade on 4 other websites. Either you're jealous, or perfectionistic. And I could have sworn that you and I were good friends.

Composer of Requiems

Hand over your presents.
    Years
  • Maybe, I just don't appreciate minimalism. But, I do not understand how giving criticism means that I have a problem with you.

The shapes you used look completely random. The impression I get is that you took a pen tool and dragged your mouse randomly, then put in some light.

Light shining through a hole in an object deserves a much nicer object to shine through. It would be very easy for you to make the object look even slightly more realistic. Or the two shapes to the right of it. You could easily have made the curves smoother. It looks awkward right now.

The only thing in this piece that really looks like you put in a lot of effort into it is the text. Honestly, your other works look a hell lot more professional. If you compare this to the one you're wearing in your sig, the level is just too different.

Last edited:

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • Not random, abstract. I used the freeform pen tool, and I did not just "put in some light." I spent 4 layers just on the light smudge, 7 on the gradients, and 2 on the lens flare. You can keep contradicting me, I don't frankly care. But really... don't say anything in there is random, I took great care to it, and to the flow of the vectors. Note that the sig you are wearing right now is incredibly frandom and lacks all sense of flow whatsoever? Feh.

Years
  • Sawyer said:
    We call such a thing minimalism in flaring. I don't really know what your problem is with me, considering this got me a proffesional grade on 4 other websites.
    So basically, if I went ahead and showcased pixel art/photography work/etc and I got good ratings on a few sites then they would instantly be 'good'? Your logic is flawed.

Sawyer said:
    Either you're jealous, or perfectionistic. And I could have sworn that you and I were good friends.
    Now where do you get that from? So if someone criticizes your work and/or disagree with the common opinion of it, they are jealous? Again, your logic is flawed.

Do not try to turn this around, because we are talking about your work. Not mine.

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • At your first comment - Well, considering this isn't an art website, absolutely not. I realize that this forum is biased, which is why I did not show my latest piece. You can call my logic flawed, but clearly yours is flawed as well; you cannot see past any statement, look any deeper than you already are. And to your second comment - I respect other people's criticizing, as I live by it. But everybody prefers constructive criticism. When Nic tells me that he "does not like the vector", how the hell do you expect me to learn from that? So please, Mr. Liberator, be a good moderator and look a wee bit harder, hmm?

Years
  • Sawyer said:
    At your first comment - Well, considering this isn't an art website, absolutely not. I realize that this forum is biased, which is why I did not show my latest piece.
    I wasn't referring to PC, in general I was talking about pertained sites that deal with the individual categories.
    What you do have to remember is that there are some people on PC who do not instantly run off screaming "10/10!!!! Great!!!!"
    What isn't making it better is the fact that you keep mentioning that your work gets good ratings at other sites. This is PC, this is not the so called 'other sites'.

Sawyer said:
    You can call my logic flawed, but clearly yours is flawed as well; you cannot see past any statement, look any deeper than you already are.
    What's there to look deeper into? From my point of view, you're just being too arrogant.

Sawyer said:
    And to your second comment - I respect other people's criticizing, as I live by it. But everybody prefers constructive criticism. When Nic tells me that he "does not like the vector", how the hell do you expect me to learn from that?
    What he said was that he did not like your vector. That is his opinion.
    Instead of going defensive, you could have simply asked him to be more specific.

I can agree on the fact that that was not helpful, however this isn't the first time you've had problems with someone criticizing your work.

Sawyer said:
    So please, Mr. Liberator, be a good moderator and look a wee bit harder, hmm?
    There is nothing to look a 'wee bit harder' at. Calling me a liberator sure isn't going to help you either.

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • If you don't see anything to look harder into, you are probably the most biased person I have ever met. So stop with the hypocritical attitude, I'm not stupid. And to your first comment: "10/10 GREAT" is not at all what I am talking about. See, on the forums I go to, people actually rate art. They tell you what to fix, they tell you the high points, they tell you the low points. And, on most of the graphics sites that I run, I do not allow /10 ratings. Waste of time, in my opinion. But, look. Sorry I've been on everybody's case recently... you can tell that it's not just you or just Nic, I'm just plain pissed off. So, sorry.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • If you don't like the way these people's opinions work, why do you post your work here and ask for it to be rated? o.O

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
  • I'm referring to this:
    Sawyer said:
    See, on the forums I go to, people actually rate art. They tell you what to fix, they tell you the high points, they tell you the low points. And, on most of the graphics sites that I run, I do not allow /10 ratings.
    If you don't like the way people criticise your work, it doesn't make much sense to continue posting it. :\

Sawyer

���
    Years
  • All of my friends here get angry when I don't show my work. It's not that I don't like the way they criticise, I just don't like it when they don't think about everything. I'm happy to show off my work, I just don't like it when non-professionals piss all over my art, and professionals love it. But, of course, this is the way it is in all societies. Van Gogh, for example - everyone thought the man was insane. The people who did not understand him despised him, but when he died people unravelled things about him that made them want to respect him. The people who hated him were not artists, the people who loved him were. What a lovely world we live in. The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and nobody's head is under a guillotine this time. =D

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • I really like all of your Banners, Sawyer =3
    I like how you do everyone of them XD;
    Really nice =3

Memory

let's waste time ✖
    Years
  • Okay ^_^
    I especially like the PC banner you did with the Lugia XD; I really like that one =3
    (It seems i can't help from commenting on the abstract art XD)

Back