• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CPM question:

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2016
    I'm burning through Leafgreen presently, after beating Diamond (hooray), and I have a question regarding Ciro's Pokemon Maker. I always like to add pokemon to my party that I otherwise would be unable to acquire right away (I replace my starter with Cubone, for example, it's not like I populate my pokemon roster with legendaries or anything). It's also a huge boon to be able to set their movesets, and so CPM comes quite in handy. The problem is, I haven't quite mastered it, having been spoiled by the ease-of-use that is PokeSav.

And so, the meat of the question: Whenever I add a pokemon into my game from CPM, it acts as if it's a traded pokemon. This means that it gets boosted XP in battle, which is a problem for two reasons -- it's sort of cheap, being able to level so quickly, and it was a huge pain early on, when I got loads of "CUBONE won't obey!" because I didn't have the proper badge to control such rapidly-levelling pokemon.

So is there anyway to make it so that a pokemon added from Ciro's Pokemon Maker doesn't register as a traded pokemon? Or is there a similar application to Pokesav/CPM that works with GBA emulations?

Thanks!

Back