• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Kanto's E4 Vs. Hoenn's E4.

Which one?

• Kanto E4

Votes: 59 54.1%
  • Hoenn E4

Votes: 50 45.9%

• Total voters

Andrew1989

neet
Years
  • So, which do you prefer? The nostalgic first Elite's? Or the Hoenn Quads? Which one and why?

Maybe the good ol' Kanto Elite 4; Consisting of Lorelei, Bruno, Agatha, Lance and of course, Blue! Who prefer the types of Ice, Fighting, Ghost, Dragon & Mixed.

FL_Lorelei.png
    FL_Bruno.png
    FRLG_Agatha.png
    FL_Lance.png
    FL_Blue.png

Or, do you prefer the Elitist's from Hoenn? Sydney, Phoebe, Glacia, Drake, Steven and Wallace. Who prefer Dark, Ghost, Ice, Dragon, Steel and Water.

E_Sidney.png
    E_Phoebe.png
    E_Glacia.png
    E_Drake.png
    RS_Steven.png
    E-Wallace.png

Note: Steven is the champ in R/S Whilst Wallace is the Champ in Emerald.

Pretty much the Hoenn Elite Four.

Not because of it's unique typing (ie: Dark, Ghost, Ice, Dragon, Steel, Water), but because how difficult they are compared to what the Kanto Elite Four is. Let's also not forget moveset choices as well.

I'm sorry if I can't come up with anything else other than this. But I quite enjoyed Hoenn's E4 despite them being the only E4 to not get a boost. That and the music is quite better than the Kanto E4 as well.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Kanto E4 is good for a challenge first time and are just more fun overall
    Hoenn's E4 I find good because I don't need to buy any items and I can save my money

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Kantos Elite 4.
    They're a lot stronger. They have better Pokemon and they are more nostalgic. :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2021
    This is a flawed argument. People keep saying how they like Hoenn's interesting mix of types...some of those types didn't exist Gen I. Anyhow, I prefer Gen I...just cuz XD

NeroTH

Aspiring Master of Mega Evolution
    Years
  • I, myself, prefer Kanto's. Higher Levels, PLUS the fact that they get stronger the more you beat them, where as the Hoenn E4 is set at static levels between the low 40's to mid 50's no matter HOW frequently you destroy them.
    In Emerald, Steven takes the cake though. He may not be the Hoenn E4 Champ in Emerald (being replaced by that water-treading Wallace), but his Pokemon are in the upper 70's when you face him in Meteor Falls.
    But without a doubt, Kanto's E4 is superior to Hoenn's.
    Lorelei >>>> Glacia
    Bruno >>>>> Sidney
    Agatha << Phoebe (Give Phoebe Agatha's team along with her Lv. 52 Dusclops and a Sableye and I'll give her that. Plus she's young and HOT. Don't judge me. =.=)
    Lance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drake
    Gary MOTHERTRUCKIN' Oak = Steven (Steven with his Emerald Team)
    Gary MOTHERTRUCKIN' Oak >(x70) Wallace (Mainly because Wallace was a LOT easier than Steven was in R/S.)

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • The only challenge I had with the Hoenn Elite Four was Steven, and he was replaced with Wallace in Emerald. Plus, Hoenn's Elite Four is extremely easy to take down if you chose Blaziken.

However, for the Kanto's Elite Four, it was a little bit harder. Although having a Charizard as your starter makes defeating the first, second, and fourth Elite Four easier, I still found it more challenging. Blue was the toughest, especially with his mixed team. The great thing about the Kanto Elite Four was that they all have stronger Pokemons the next time you challenge them again.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    Kanto elite 4 FTW!
    It was the first time I beat the elite 4 ever.
    They were the hardest elite 4 as well because they use the strongest, rarest, and most badass pokemon in the game.
    For example:
    Lorelei had the freaking loch ness monster (Lapras)
    Bruno had a goro clone (Machamp)
    Agatha had demonic spirits (Gengar)
    and Lance was Lance, his whole team was badass.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • I always prefered the Elite Four in Hoen. Most likely because I loved Hoen the most out of every region hehe.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • Kanto, The first Elite Four I had to play against. Hoenn would be my second favorite though, so it's hard to choose.

clarify

Years
  • Honestly, I like both, but Kanto wins simply because Blue is the best Champion ever. Period.

Years
  • As much as it pains me to admit it, because I love Hoenn SO much more than Kanto, I would have to say I prefer Kanto's Elite Four by a smidge, a couple of the members just seem to stand out more, or something.

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • The only thing I can say I liked about Hoenn's E4 was facing Steven after you beat them. I'm not too fond of the Kanto E4 either but in this situation I'll have to side with them.

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • I prefer Kanto's E4 over Hoenn's for a few reasons.
    1. Kanto's E4 had higher levels.
    2. Kanto's E4 had types (or characters) I liked.
    3. Lance gave me more of a challenge then most of Hoenn's E4.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I prefer Kanto's Elite Four, mainly for nostalgia value. I haven't actually gone through the 3rd gen Kanto Elite Four too many times, but whenever I battle those trainers, they remind me of my first few times beating the Elite Four back on Red Version. I've also never been a fan of Hoenn's Elite Four--the trainers have never appealed to me much, and Steven's definitely not one of my favorite champions.

Overall, I prefer the mix of Elite Four members in the Johto-based games better than the original Kanto members, but as the original Kanto Elite Four contains several of the same members (I'm especially partial to Lance), Kanto still ranks above Hoenn on the Elite Four scale.

luigi123

Champion of Jhoto,Sinnoh,Unova
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2016
    I vote Kanto because it was the first elite4 I faced (but lost) and I like all the members ( but lorelie who I lost to):\

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
    Years
  • to be truthfull i really like the kanto e4 because they are origonal and the hoen e4 to me kind of seemed kind of phoney and cheezy and i little too dressed up where the kanto e4 was cool and looked like really awsome pokemon trainers

Back