• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White's Craptastic Sprite Thread

Whitefire321

Person that sprites. Woo hoo.
Years
myu myu myu :L this site has spoiler tags. this i find useful.

Pls note that these are not actually 'fakemon', as they are not 'fake pokemon', they're for this thing called Spiriomon which is different from pokemon save for creature pixel style.

Now for my pointless rant on my spriting history. I started off with making [very very crappy] fakemon sprites. I did this for like, ever [half year? more? idk]. Then i found this dragon adoptable site, thought it awesome [the artz], so i joined the forums [separate accounts required. meh.] as i found out you could enter your own artz to be added to the cave site. i did this and with some concrit i figured out my skillz were crap [no hatin', as text fails to portray tone and whatnot. read this as im talking/typing light-hearted and humorously.]. So i practiced and whatnot in that style, became a better artist in general [sketching and spriting and digital art]. Left pokemon style spriting for a long time. Now im coming back to it, and freaking out about the anatomy, lack of dithering and muscle definition, the eyes are too big for the skull etc and i want to know how im doing and whatnot. So... yeah. Pls don't feed the cows.

Mk. now for sprites and stuff. I don't have much new stuff, so im gonna have to add a lot of old crap. ill pick the best of the worst.

New:
Spoiler:

Old: -PLS DO NOT CRIT--I KNOW THESE ARE BAD AND ARE GETTING UPDATED-
Spoiler:

New yet-to-be-sprited:
Spoiler:

Actually, the bottom three in the 'new' stuff are kinda spoilers for tomorrows mass-submission :L impatient. Duocot's evo was JUST made, so its kinda... bleh. My fav is the leetle feesh~ Plasmion isnt done yet, clearly :L

Also, since I know im not perfect there's bound to be issues. Please by all means post [concrit], as I cannot progress with this project without help in pointing out problems that haven't been found and dealt with yet.

[im actually at a standstill on some of my other projects because of people not posting. im hoping that wont happen here.]

EDIT: lol derp forgot to post elements to avoid confusion and whatnot.

Ice
Earth
Air
Bug [may be changed to Insect]
Metal
Fire
Water
Psychic
Grass
Shadow
Light
Dragon
Poison
Normal
Electric

... i really gotta make one of those chart thingys...

Last edited:

PelipperMail

Banned
Years
To be perfectly honest, these look great! I appreciate that they look different from Gamefreak's designs (I know they're not Pokémon...), but they don't look like crappy Fakemon. In fact, I would even go as far to say that they are better than Gamefreak's spriting. I especially enjoy Duocot, Anglish, Arivira and Ariva. :3

Good job, can't wait to see more, seriously.

Back