• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your least used type.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
Of course we all have them with reasons ranging from dislike towards them to laziness in training/obtaining them or with whatever reason you have. So what is your least used Pokemon type?

For me it would be water type. I am rather lazy in finding and training them. Kind of ironic since Water type is the most expansive type of all Pokemon types. Another would be Rock types. They're too slow and specially weak for my taste, but there is only one that I have used competitvely, Archeops.

Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2013
Grass and Water are a bore, just don't like the types as they're rather basic. I enjoy Dark, Fighting, Ice and Steel the most, maybe throw in Ghost and Dragon.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I just never use the Grass type...it's not really strong against much, and the Grass type Pokemon have a multitude of weaknesses. Sure, there are some cool Grass types (Breloom, Celebi and Leafeon), and that's really all I like about the type too.
I like how flexible Grass types can be with their trolly movesets devised for stalling (Sleep Powder + Leech Seed + Substitute anyone?), but it doesn't help when half the commonly used types take them down super easily.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
Steel types. I guess I just haven't cared for most of their designs. I'd love to see a steel-type Eeveelution one day, hehe.

Years
I don't really use bugs or ghosts, there isn't many good bugs in terms of battle capabilities and I dislike most ghost designs.

The only bug I've ever really used has been butterfree because my love for it managed to persuade me to use it in fire red. I had a Galvantula in black 2, but it was soon replaced because it's so weak.

I think the only ghost I've ever really liked is Gengar and I don't think I've used one despite that.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Fire and Steel are the ones I don't use - or rarely use

Steel types: I used them before and always had difficulty with which type to make them battle, and be most effective. My other excuse most of the steel Pokemon designs I don't like. I just left them in the PC after a battle or two.

Fire types: Don't have an exact reason why but it's the type I deliberately ignore, my only excuse I have - majority of the canine Pokemon are fire types and I personally don't want canines in my teams - and the other fire types (exception for Tepig's evolutions and Cyndaquil's evolution) I don't like much their design.

I figure main reason for not choosing fire or steel types is the Pokemon's design, makes me not want to really bother to raise them, instead I'll give another type a chance.

I may sound a bit greedy - I'll just keep a team of Pokemon I like. Most of my games I usually have: 1 fighting, 2 water, 1 normal, 1 grass, 1 other (never steel) or repeat of one I use. Even if I struggle through out the whole game (main story line that is - it what makes it fun to me).

tried to keep it short, but just got distracted (with the last part)
Reason for editing my post: starting to use fire types in a few games - especially Flareon.

Last edited:
Years
Rock, Ice, Steel and Bug for me as far as using Pokemon actually of those types goes. They mostly have common weaknesses or don't fit my team standards or battling style. I did use a Steel-type and a Rock-type once (Excadrill and Archeops) but the only reason I did was because they had very strong stats and good movepools. Most Rock-types are also very slow, and I don't like using slow Pokemon. Most Bug-types never appealed to me, and Ice is very weak to a lot of things. That's why I often teach Ice Beam to my Water-type if necessary.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Ice, Bug, and Normal. Ice and Bug are weak against many commonly used types such as Flying and Fire. And alot of Bug types never really appealed to me except for a given few, like Scizor , Volcarona and Heracross for examples. Same goes for Ice and Normal types. Alot of normal types are way too cutesy and weak for me. I only use Normal types in the beginning and the only time I had one more the whole game was my Wigglytuff in FireRed.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Ghost. I think it's simply a factor of Ghost being the least common type, and the way they don't seem to be any more useful than special-oriented monsters of other types, so I wouldn't go out of my way to acquire one.

Years
I dislike Poison type, so I don't use those Pokemon. Also Steel and Bug types are very rarely used by me.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Poison, because they are the worst offensive types in the series for having only one type advantage, but that'll soon change if that Fairy type rumor becomes true.

Years
  • Seen May 28, 2013
Bug type since I played FireRed most of the time.

I use water types alot and love oshawatt.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Either Ghost or Dragon! I hate Ghost types and never use them, but I find Dragon types are usually too over-powered so I don't tend to use those much either. I do have a Dragonite one one of my competitive teams however, so I'll have to go with Ghost!

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Normal types. I used a ghost in BW (Jellicent) and a rock type in Platinum (a Tyranitar). Water types are essential for Surf and get a lot of interesting dual typings, and dragons are one of my favorite types.

Normal types I don't dislike, but they never seem to fit into my team for some reason. I actually took a normal monotype challenge at some point to make myself use them more.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Grass-types, followed by pure Bug, Rock, Steel, Normal, Ice, Poison and Ghost-types. I find these types not really necessary in my teams. If the mentioned types have secondary types such as Fire/Bug or Fighting/Steel or Flying/Poison though, only then are are they alright. Grass-types are not offensive enough for my taste, and couple together with lots of weaknesses, doesn't make a good team member for me. As for the other types, I haven't really found out how to incorporate them into my team strategy and my already pre-planned teams which mainly consist of Fire, Water, Electric, Flying, Dragon and another one of my choice (usually Ground, Fighting, Psychic or Dark-types). I also don't really know how to use them properly enough for them to have any great effects for my teams. I have come to know of them as great types, but I have yet to use any of them.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I hated all poison types until Croagunk/Toxicroak and Drapion were introduced. Considering they're the only poison types I like, it's easy to say they are my least used type.

Back