• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Archeops] vs Carracosta

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Back to one vs one.
    Which fossil Pokemon do you choose?
    You're also free to debate your choice - in fact, it's encouraged! Try and convince other users that your choice REALLY is the best.
    7wWRi.png

As a note, any thread with the [B/W Weekly Poll] prefix now does not count towards the revival rule, so you can revive anything with this prefix, whether it is a sticky or not, as long as there isn't already an active discussion on it.​

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Archeops, I love birds and IMO he's much stronger offensive wise anyhow. Carracosta obviously being defensive. Also just realised Carracosta has a base stat total of 495, Archeops has a base stat total of 567, if you ask me that's quite ridiculous.. it should at least be equal/even.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I love Carracosta, it kind of reminds me of a Blastoise to an extent. I used it on my first run and have loved it every since. And I am not to worried about Carracosta being primarily defensive when he has 108 BS Attack, and Shell Smash to boot.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I love Tirtouga but Carracosta is just meh. Archeops is actually one of the few bird Pokémon that I really like.

Years
  • Archeops, cos I actually use one on my main team. Mine has Rock Slide, Fly, Earthquake and Acrobatics in his arsenal.

Carracosta is nice but for me, Archeops wins the battle of the Fossils.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • I love Carracosta. I always love turtle <3. TBH, I do not see anything special in Archeops

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • Turtle Pokemon ftw!!! Carracosta is an excellent Pokemon. I used it in the Painfully Slow Challenge. Also used it in an emulator B/W playthrough. It may have low speed, but it has very high defense. Also, the low speed can be made up for by Aqua Jet and/or Shell Smash. Oh, yeah, Shell Smash, that's another reason why Carracosta rules. It has access to Shell Smash.

gvgisdi

Officially addicted to Crystal
    Years
  • Archeops! It resembles Aerodactyl, which is one of my favourite Pokémon. And he looks much better than Carracosta.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Archeops; I just like early birds and such, yet it's also very powerful...
    I have one with Acrobatics, Crunch, AncientPower and Endeavor. Endeavor works well against its negative ability. I could use Rock Slide instead of AncientPower, but I don't want to see that also good sp atk stat go to waste.

Carracosta is... ugly; and I already prefer Relicanth for a defensive rock-water type.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    First time I've used all the Pokemon in the poll in battle. xD I love them both, but I voted for Archeops. It was a lot more helpful during in-game battles. The anime also played a big part in me choosing Archen. <3

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
  • Carracosta, since he doesn't have a sucky ability, and because I chose his fossil in the ruins since I had no idea what was inside of them :P

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Carracosta all the way. Reminds me of my first Pokemon, Squirtle... And it just looks awesome.

I've even managed to sweep teams by setting up a substitute, baton passing it to Carra, then Shell Smash-spamming. Pure. Adrenaline.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Archeops better than Carracosta because even after seeing its crippling ability, its raw power and Speed are what drew me to it, up to the point when I used it in my Black team.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Why is Archeops winning this is a travesty

Carracosta is obviously the best. Archeops has ugly clashing colors and looks like he's ragged and doesn't take care of himself. Meanwhile, Carracosta shows how few ***** he gives with his badass expression. He looks sturdy and dependable with Shell Smash to get him into a more fighting mood if he wants to go all-out. And Archeops is lazy! Look at its ability!!

Vote Carracosta 2012

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • Originally, I planned to have Archeops in my team if not for its ability. However, I'm still going to go with Archeops due to its amazing stats and is one of the amazing HM02 Fly users this generation.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I really like both but if I had to pick one it would probably have to be Carracosta, has a diverse move pool with Shell Smash to back it up not to mention it takes hits like a tank lol.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I love Tirtouga but Carracosta is just meh. Archeops is actually one of the few bird Pokémon that I really like.
    MEH? Now although Archeops has greater stats, there's a lot more reasons to like Carracosta in all of this. ;)

Both Pokémon have a cool design and decent stats/movepool, but Carracosta definitely wins my vote here and for one main reason that tops all. IT'S SIMPLY A TURTLE. Now I don't know about you guys but turtles are amazing! Carracosta just appeals to me more anyway, and they gave him a really nice blue design. Who doesn't love a nice gray color mixed with blue? He's got a simplistic look and although Carracosta looks really bulky compared to his pre-evolution I like it! n_n

& If you haven't seen its shiny sprite, well you're just missing out because it is hawt.

Back