• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Collapse of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
  • The storyline is well thought out and actually pretty interesting. I like the idea of being able to travel through different passages of time, although I wished some of the areas would overlap so the player could see that specific area change over time (you know, like seeing a certain route change throughout the ages or watch as a beloved town warps from a primitive ice land to a futuristic post-apocalyptic society).

I do have to agree with DaleH771 though, the Passages of Time look far too bland and, to me, too noticeable. When I read it (and maybe it's just me) I envisioned going into a secluded area and down some hidden stairs to find a grand hall with the portal to the next time zone, not some giant doorway that everyone can see. I guess I saw the portals to be something more majestic and hidden and hard-to-find, not a port-a-potty that Joey could accidentally walk in and be chased by a dinosaur.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Hm now that's interesting... a ROM Hack where you can travel through time, something which I was also planning in my ROM Hack which I have put on hold because of my planning of Pokémon Lava Ruby (a ROM hack of Black 2). What I can say about it is that it has a great plot to it, especially how there are tiles like the red water which you can walk on and stuff. It makes it sound like an interesting ROM Hack.

I have a question, do you plan on changing the tile designs in the ROM hack to different tiles? Or do you plan on leaving the tile design as they are?

Years
  • If I may... if you do decide to go with that futuristic walkable water (even though I really really really really really really despite that red choice) you should also change the falls tiles because... BECAUSE. Water can not simply change its color from a tile to another. Still, if you choose other colour (I would suggest one slightly different from the original), it's a nice idea.

On another topic... Is there going to be great map changes from an age to another? I mean, nowadays there are cities in places that a century ago where virgin forests, imagine how much a place would change from Ice/Stone Age to WW2! Forests would be towns and towns would be ruins (if they manage to survive) so... I believe every age should have pretty much an own world map. What do you think on this?

Flaaffy

The Laziest **** Ever Shat
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 31, 2013
    This sounds really cool, I like the concept.
    WOO,TIME TRAVEL.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • This is really interesting, looking forward to more progress! And if you had a banner, that'd be freakin' epic, I would so put it in my signature.

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
    Years
  • A new and amazing idea to implement into a Pokemon Game! (Even though I've seen time get almost erased in DestinedJagold's Hacks, but this Akers the cake. :3 ) This is gonna look awesome! I can't wait! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Oh boy, replies!
    Spoiler:

Anyways, I've got all maps set up for the first demo. (You go to each area once, then the beta ends.) I can't take screenshots yet, because movement permissions and map connections haven't all been taken care of (though maps still flow without border problems, so there's that). I still have absolutely no sprites though, so if you want to sprite for this project, I'd love for you to contact me about it. Otherwise, I have scripting, trainers, and wild Pokemon to take care of.

So don't take this as a "We're close to the first beta!" post, but moreso as a "We're slightly less incomprehensibly far from the first beta than we were a week ago!" post.

Also take it as another nudge for spriters because those make me happy.

More screenshots will be up some time in the next week, when I clean the maps up a bit. All of the starting areas for time periods have been revamped almost completely, so you have that to look forward to.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Got some new screenshots in. Most areas have been pretty much redone, it turns out, and then there are some new areas too. I've also completed a couple of scripts

Spoiler:

The general problem here is that I don't have sprites. I'll be posting this on some other forums now that I have more progress to show, and if all else fails, I'll just learn how to sprite for myself. But seriously, if you're a spriter and a good person who likes credit for helping people, you should definitely contact me and make me a happy person.

chen12

Game On!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2015
    Great idea for a Pokemon hack. Looking forward to the progression of the plot and mapping. Would definitely play this when it comes out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2017
    Your region map is just, beautiful. Really looking forward to playing this it sounds like oracle of time on crack.

Now tell me again, how do traded pokemon evolve?

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • I saw nothing special in this hack at first but now with the new screenshots up, it's starting to look more interesting. But just like some others (like hinkage here) pointed out before, this hack requires re-done scripts including quests or proper storyline; something you have to accomplish by time-traveling. If you're just going from time to another doing nothing special, it won't stand out from other hacks really.

NO.
    NO.
    NO.
    This hack does NOT need new tiles to "make it perfect."

It doesn't look like you've really begun scripting the story yet. That should definitely come before custom tiles. In fact, it's the most important thing in the game. It is the game.

PLEASE don't listen to those who say "oh just add new tiles it'll be great," unless you want to work for EA Sports making Madden '34 when you grow up. Really. New tiles are good, but shouldn't at all be a priority, especially this early on.
    What can I say, this hack has potential to go far. It just has to be focused on the right issues.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2016
    please change the bike into a car. or a floating car so that it looks futuristic

add the 4th-6th generation pokemon.. and please lots of legendary but we should finish their quest in order to catch them

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    Wow!Sounds like its going to be a promising hack.Hope you get to complete it or atleast get a Beta out.:)

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Just going to reply to questions because replying to "this looks like a great hack!" a bunch of times is hard. Not that there's anything wrong with those comments.

Vestra:
    qdtbT.png

(I am true to my word.)

Milksy: This isn't a question but it deserves to be replied to for being insightful. The plot will generally involve the player doing something important in each time period. It'd be silly if you just went into a battlefield, fought some Pokemon battles, and left.

arjiegodz: I'm probably going to have the bike be a hoverboard if I change it at all. A car is just too big for the way the game's grid works.

Thanksgiving Break is coming up, so I'll hopefully get some fancy scripts done then. Not like I have any particularly fancy scripts set up for the first chunk of the game, but there are slightly less fancy ones.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
    Years
  • Milksy: This isn't a question but it deserves to be replied to for being insightful. The plot will generally involve the player doing something important in each time period. It'd be silly if you just went into a battlefield, fought some Pokemon battles, and left.
    That sounds pretty good. If you're going to make most issues the player has to do/solve, in different time periods, relate to each other, even better.

Anyway, scripting doesn't have to be excellent but having realistic-looking, and a bit "complicated" scripts every now and then would make the hack better. Not gonna say I'm looking forward to playing it but I'll give it a shot later on which I can't say for every other hack out here :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back