• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Fire Red & Leaf Green Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
I'm starting a new topic because I've seen too many owners become inactive in their thread. If you were a part of the old thread let me know and I'll add you.

Rules:
- Run is finished after Elite 4 is beaten for the second time.
- Multiple people are allowed to do one type at the same time.
- You are only allowed to use your starter until you are able to catch a Pokemon of the type you are going to use.
- All of the types allowed have at least one Pokemon you can catch before second gym.
- If a Pokemon becomes the type you are using through evolution then you can use it.
- Only five HM slaves are allowed.
- NO trading, hacking, or legendaries(legendary birds, Mewtwo, etc.)

Types:
All these are types encounterable before Cerulean gym.
Water - miss_milotic, Lynx, |:Hiro:|, Cammy25!, BenjiTheKid, Yellowpen, koopacrazy
Grass -
Fire - Banshee
Flying - flaps, PokemonMichael, Rarris, Cirrus
Bug - Toon Deidei, RedWire, Beedrill Lover, overlord tyranitar
Rock -
Ground - syphilis, Tunaboy88
Poison - ~Iatos_Haunted~, Bz, The Green One
Psychic - Master Azelf, +~Dark Umbreon~+
Electric - WriteThemWrong
Fighting -
Normal - cheeko98, Binary Peaches

People that have completed the challenge:
Grass - WriteThemWrong
Fire - JollyRoger25
Bug - giradialka
Poison - mtr12, ~|symphony♪
Fighting - Syphilis
Electric - Raibutai
Normal - Kratosx, BenjiTheKid

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Just to let you know, I completed the poison challenge but the previous thread owner didn't update the page. If you don't belive me, just check on the next to last [I think, or close to that] page.

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Finally a new FR/LG challange, Can I join with normal types?, I was just about to start that anyway on LG

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Yay! Can i join? I'd like to do it with flying. And also does Charizard/Dragonit count as flying? And the legendary birds?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Just to let you know, I completed the poison challenge but the previous thread owner didn't update the page. If you don't belive me, just check on the next to last [I think, or close to that] page.
Don't worry, I believe you.

Yay! Can i join? I'd like to do it with flying. And also does Charizard/Dragonit count as flying? And the legendary birds?
Yes Charizard/Dragonite do have Flying as one of their types. You can also use their pre-evolutions until they are evolved. But you MUST use them if you are going to use their pre-evolutions. The legendary birds are actually NOT allowed.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
um I will start the bug challenge once im done with my D/P monotype challenge which will be in 2-3 weeks or a month.

If I cant reserve it ill start saturday and rotate between the days

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
No reason to reserve :)
Multiple people can do one type at the same type.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
ok thanks im going to start tommorow and switch between Diamond and Leaf Green every day.(and play LG when im waiting for honey pokemon)

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
So today I started the game(changed to FR instead of Lg cause of stuff left to do on LG) caught rattata that will be my first normal pokemon will try to get jigglypuff at mt moon

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Update:

Started with Charmander
Caught pidgey in route 2
Caught Caterpie in viridian forest
Evolved caterpie into Butterfree
Beat Brock with all pokemon at lv 15
Got through Mt Moon and saved the game inside cerulean pokemon center.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2015
I'm signing up for Fire-Type. My Final team will be Charizard, Arcanine, Rapidash and Flareon.

Last edited:

Mimikyu402

Flareon Master
Years
Today I beat Erika and team rocket in game corner and lavender town, my team:

Raticate 30
Jigglypuff 28
Clefairy 27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back