• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you gonna kiss and tell?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
  • I was listening to "KIss n Tell" by Justin Bieber...haha which explains the title...

Anyways, have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend that you kept a secret from your friends and family?

I did, but it wasn't a secret for very long...like, not even a day...haha.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    Bieber's a ****** >_>

Anyway, no, why would I hide?

reyzn

Years
  • I've never hidden having a boyfriend from my family, but I also don't volunteer that information xD. If they find out, it's usually from another source ie: annoying brother.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Honestly it depends on how she feels about it. If she has a reason to keep it secret at first, I respect that. I do tend to expect it to be made public within a reasonable timeframe.

As far as kissing...I dont have any impulse to brag about it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Yes, and I still do as a matter of fact. It's been... lemme see, we got together in December... five months. : D

And still going strong. ily Mithila! <3

Years
  • Nope, I don't think so. Anybody I was with usually never had much of a problem telling their family and friends about me.

As for me, my conscience will always win over and I care a lot about my family to ever keep something like that a secret. If there is somebody in my life, I will want to let them know about it, my family cares to a great degree about me and I know they worry a lot, so being open with them and letting them into many aspects of my private life feels wonderful.

I admit, I've been afraid to talk to my parents in the past because everybody around me seemed to have issues trying to tell their family about the person in their lives, and usually have to scheme in order to find their way around spending a life with them; completely disregarding the feelings of those that have been with them and cared for them as they grew up.

I didn't want to be that sort of person, I love my family too much to ever let anything like that happen, that is why...my parents know that I have a boyfriend and any I've had in the past, I talk to them about things that happen between us and even tell them a lot about him. Not only does it boost their trust of my boyfriend, but it also makes them more certain that I'm being straight, and not downright secretive.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've had one. Some dude I dated for a day, but I had loved him for quite a while. lolol My parents + online life = do not need to know

I'm crying cause I love Justin Bieber!!

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • I tend to just avoid it directly and let my mom connect the dots. When I tell her I'm going to a movie with [girl's name here] and then the next week I'm going to the park with [same girl's name here] I figure she gets the idea.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
  • Ewwww Bieber
    Every relationship I've had like that didn't last longer then a week =/
    However no matter what I always tell my closest friends... The ones I trust.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Have you ever had a boyfriend/girlfriend that you kept a secret from your friends and family?

nope. why? because im single. love is a complicated thing for me... i'm picky about who gets to be my gf.. heh.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Uuuugh. A nice topic for a thread, but such a horrible inspiration for it. Justin Bieber. u_u

My dad doesn't understand my right to privacy, let alone my reasons for having a long distance / online relationship. So yes, I have kept a relationship secret from my parent. My friends, on the other hand, know about my relationship.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Haha, let me see...

It's been two years and counting. =P Everyone that I know except the adults knows. I'll tell 'em sometime, if it keeps lasting. xD

<3 Alice

...I'm probably so good at this because we live pretty far apart and we can't do much often ;_;

Last edited:
    Back