• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Champion Challenge

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Basic overall introduction:
The premise of this challenge is that after you defeat a gym leader you become the champion over that type. Upon defeating a Gym Leader you may choose any ONE of their pokemon to hunt down in the wild and use in your party and must always have your starter in your party as well. You may only catch pokemon that you will use in your party, as well as an hm slave should you need it, i.e. no catching a pokemon just to teach it flash, you don't really need that.

Rules:
1. You may only catch and use ONE Pokemon that each gym leader has. However you don't necessarily have to catch a pokemon for each gym leader.

2. No hacking or trading in pokemon, if you want to use a golem because Brock has a geodude well sorry but it sucks to suck.

3. No duplicate pokemon.

4. Upon reaching the elite 4 in any game you must have a party of 6, and they must all be at at least level 40.

5. No hacking in or trading in any evolutionary items to evolve pokemon early on or with less effort.

6. You may only use the pokemon that a gym leader has or it's evolutions after you have fought that gym leader and seen one of the evolutions or the pokemon in question.

7. You may use only the initial starter you are given, no hatching new more powerful ones and no accepting starters from any region during in game events.

8. You make take part in the normal, or the master mode. Master mode requires that you use only the base evolution of each pokemon you choose meaning the stage of the pokemon that you would get if you hatched it from an egg.

End:
Spoiler:

Possible pokemon (sorry if I misspelled Pokemon or didn't put some evolutions):

R/B/Y:
Spoiler:

G/S/C:
Spoiler:

R/S/E:
Spoiler:

FR/LG:
Spoiler:

D/P/Pt:
Spoiler:

HG/SS:
Spoiler:

B/W/B2/W2:
Spoiler:

X/Y:
Spoiler:

Forum Name:
Game: Specific, not region
Level: normal or master

Challengers:

Normal:

Spoiler:

Master:

Spoiler:

Champions:

Normal:

Spoiler:

Master:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
And seeing as I'm going to be using an actual White 2 cart and not an emulator so I won't have the power of the speed button and White 2 has the super boring and slow Pokestar Studios, I'll do a run on Silver as well...even though I'm likely going to get wrecked by Red 9001 times.

Forum Name: KoboraX
Game: Silver
Level: Normal

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
And seeing as I'm going to be using an actual White 2 cart and not an emulator so I won't have the power of the speed button and White 2 has the super boring and slow Pokestar Studios, I'll do a run on Silver as well...even though I'm likely going to get wrecked by Red 9001 times.

Forum Name: KoboraX
Game: Silver
Level: Normal

I feel you, I'm doing a run on my White cart for another challenge, it's not as bad as White 2 but I know how you feel.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Time for a couple of short updates

White 2

Spoiler:

Silver

Spoiler:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Update:
I leveled up my pikachu a lot more and got me a helix fossil.
Beat up my Rival and then a helped out Bill.
Destroyed Misty's gym.
Had to catch something that learns cut, got me a Dugtrio.
Beat Lt. Surge.
On my way to Lavender Town.

Pika
Level: 43
Moves: Quick Attack/Thunderbolt/Slam/Thunder Wave

Dugtrio
Level: 29 (caught at)
Moves: Cut/Growl/Dig/Sand-Attack

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm starting on another challenge first but I should be done with it before the weekend and then I'll play this one c:

That's fine.

Update:
Caught Onix
Beat up Team Rocket.
Killed some ghosts, much spoopy
Went back and just barely beat Erika.

Pokemon:
Spoiler:

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
Update time for White 2

• After getting owned by that one guy at Virbank Complex, I went back and got revenge and got Medusa evolved into Servine
  • Cleaned out Virbank Complex and got Rock Smash, then I decided I was (finally) ready for Roxie
  • You know, I now offically regret picking Snivy. I could've beat Roxie, but her Whirlipede got a crit on me with Venoshock the turn after she healed it.
  • So, in round 2, I set up with Growth on her Koffing and destroyed her team, netting me the Toxic Badge. Now I can go and catch something :)
  • Went to Virbank Complex and caught Gas Bomb the Koffing after about 15 minutes of hunting it down
  • I hate Pokestar Studios with a passion.
  • Dealt with Team Plasma in Virbank City
  • Headed over to Castelia City
  • Saved in Castelia since I'm going to be getting Gas Bomb leveled up

Team Ruby

servine.gif

Medusa (Servine) F Lv. 22 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Ability: Overgrow
Moves: Tackle, Growth, Leech Seed, Leaf Tornado

koffing.gif

Gas Bomb (Koffing) M Lv. 12 @ Nothing
Nature: Docile
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Poison Gas, Tackle, Assurance, SmokeScreen​

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
Oh, how fun! What a great idea.

These are my specifics:

Forum Name: Michael Oliver
Game: Pokémon FireRed
Level: Master

I'd also like to treat this as a Nuzelocke run if you don't mind - if a Pokémon faints, I can't use it, I have to nickname my mons and when they all die, I give up. Those are just the added rules.

EDIT: I'm also going to add a nuzlocke rule I made up for myself - Can only carry 10 healing items

I am not adding nuzlocke to show off - I've never beaten a nuzlocke with the added rules that I place on myself. I merely feel like it would be more of a challenge.

I will report back with (hopefully images), and text in bullet points to describe my progress.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Oh, how fun! What a great idea.

These are my specifics:

Forum Name: Michael Oliver
Game: Pokémon FireRed
Level: Master

I'd also like to treat this as a Nuzelocke run if you don't mind - if a Pokémon faints, I can't use it, I have to nickname my mons and when they all die, I give up. Those are just the added rules.

I am not adding nuzlocke to show off - I've never beaten a nuzlocke with the added rules that I place on myself. I merely feel like it would be more of a challenge.

I will report back with (hopefully images), and text in bullet points to describe my progress.

Got it. And I either suck or the master is actually somewhat hard on its own just saying, especially when you want to use more than just 1 or 2 pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
Update-1)Just got the first badge from cheren
2)My oshawott is on level 14
3)i am gonna catch lillipup
Update-
-Beted The poison gym got the second badge
-Fight with Team plasma and win easily
-My Oshwott evolved into Dewott as well as Lillipup into Herdier
-Get in castelia city and saved the game
Question-Is it compulsary to catch at least one pokemon from gym leader

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
I have pictures, but overall, I failed. But it was fun.

My Pokémon (when I died):

Charmeleon (Spark), Level 38

Graveler (Geo), Level 40

Pikachu (Mouse), Level 39

Kadabra (PSI), Level 35 (I didn't have the Marsh badge, so I couldn't use him properly)

Oddish (SLOW!), Level 18

My Pokémon died in action against Blue in the SILPH building against his Blastoise.

Spark and Geo were good men and I'm sure Mouse and PSI would've served me well, had they been given their time to shine. Mouse had battled many Grunts on the way.

Years
Update White 2-
-Got Toxic,Insect,Electrick and Quake Badge
-The hardest was Electrick and the easiest was Quake.
-My pokes Dewott Lv 32,Scoutland Lv 32,Swadloon Lv29.
-Going to catch a sandile and then Head towards 6th Badge :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I have pictures, but overall, I failed. But it was fun.

My Pokémon (when I died):

Charmeleon (Spark), Level 38

Graveler (Geo), Level 40

Pikachu (Mouse), Level 39

Kadabra (PSI), Level 35 (I didn't have the Marsh badge, so I couldn't use him properly)

Oddish (SLOW!), Level 18

My Pokémon died in action against Blue in the SILPH building against his Blastoise.

Spark and Geo were good men and I'm sure Mouse and PSI would've served me well, had they been given their time to shine. Mouse had battled many Grunts on the way.

You can always give it another go.

Update-1)Just got the first badge from cheren
2)My oshawott is on level 14
3)i am gonna catch lillipup
Update-
-Beted The poison gym got the second badge
-Fight with Team plasma and win easily
-My Oshwott evolved into Dewott as well as Lillipup into Herdier
-Get in castelia city and saved the game
Question-Is it compulsary to catch at least one pokemon from gym leader

You don't have to catch a pokemon once you beat a gym but by the time you reach the elite 4 you must have a full team.

Last edited:

PinkOmnimon

Alpha and Omega
Years
I changed my mind, I will do this challenge first since I can do it faster than the other challenge I signed up for. And here's a little update.

I named myself Omni, chose Cyndaquil as my starter, named my rival Chuck, went to Violet City and beat Falkner so I could go catch a Pidgey. Used Pidgey to beat Sprout Tower and headed off to Azalea Town. I'm getting ready to fight Team Rocket in the well.

My pokemon are
Cyndaquil
Level 17

Pidgey
Level 13

I'll update more later

Back