• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mentions / quote notification.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 13, 2015
This is a great idea, because I know of some other forums that I am a part of have this feature and it really is useful.

Years
Ever Grande City introduced this a while back, and it's good. Given we just moved to our new server I'm sure it won't be too bad, but maybe have the option to turn the notifications on or off like the ones you get when your posts are liked.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I myself don't like Mentions, but if everyone wants it, I don't see why not? :3 As long as there's a way to turn of mention notifications, I'd love to see this.

Thank you for bringing it up.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
This is something that is hoping to be introduced with PokéCommunity 2.0.

So yes, eventually. It's on the list.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
^That's good to hear. I think a mention system is well worth implementing and with a new server I hope it's something that can possibly happen.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Uhhh just gonna put this out there, but there's already tons of add ons for this. It doesn't have to be custom built, soooo.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Uhhh just gonna put this out there, but there's already tons of add ons for this. It doesn't have to be custom built, soooo.

This is what Audy said in the older thread:
This is on my list. I'm going to rewrite some of the code that handles everyday stuff like sessions and fetching posts to make them more efficient (because vBulletin does some really stupid things). Once that's done it'll be more reasonable to start adding features like this.

Also, we aren't going to install the plugin by DBTech because it puts a really ugly obnoxious footer copyright link even if you pay for the pro version. I'd rather code the relevant parts of it myself and not have the copyright.

Back