• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
lol, did anyone hear the Daniel Radcliffe said he was drunk during some of the filming of HP? Some people think this one could be one of those scenes XD I wonder what others.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
What happened to Pottermore?! That site when silent way before Christmas! Is it going out of beta or what? Please don't tell me this was all vaporware...

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I haven't been on Pottermore for months. The second I was sorted into Slytherin I kinda lost interest lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
lol, did anyone hear the Daniel Radcliffe said he was drunk during some of the filming of HP? Some people think this one could be one of those scenes XD I wonder what others.
Old news to me. I heard about that months ago.

What happened to Pottermore?! That site when silent way before Christmas! Is it going out of beta or what? Please don't tell me this was all vaporware...
I honestly feel like Pottermore's worth has expired. It's been in beta for months now, and the majority of the people who are included in the beta have completely forgotten about the site. Because of how long it's been since the beta period began, the lack of new material being produced, I don't really see success that was once planned happening.

The only thing people will be interested in is getting sorted and getting their wand. The people who genuinely care about the new material are ones that already got in, and I think they'd visit when new material gets released, but apart from that, they won't.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I can't believe it. This is so sad. If franchises like Star Wars can proliferate the way they do, why can't HP? :(

Shining Raichu

Years
I maintain their success would have been much greater if they hadn't been so fast and loose with the Slytherin sortings which no matter what anybody says are highly insulting!

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
To be honest, my interest with Pottermore kinda went away when December came--which is to say, it got boring. It's not really that interesting when you come to think of it, one of the few things you look forward to are the sorting and getting your wand. But besides that, :x.

Lozz

meow meow meow <3
Years
Pottermore doesn't have enough interactive stuff to maintain interest - you can't even talk to people on it. Also, beta mode is full of so many bugs! i first got onto it back in august, and about 2 days in, my potion making glitched and I haven't touched it since.

And yes, andy, I agree- way too many dbags are getting into slytherin!

A few of my friends in america have started a site called myhogwarts, I'm not sure how well it will work, because a lot of them are a little lax around the edges when it comes to running hugely popular fan sites, but it seems to be generating a fair bit of interest.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
They went Slytherin and Hufflepuff happy. I was one of the lucky few to make it into Gryffindor. Then I forgot my login info and tried to have it emailed to me, and for some reason it never sends, makes me want to unforgivable curse their.... never mind.

Oh and joining.
'
Also funny story, during the part 2 premiere we had trouble getting into a theater, so me and my friend walked into different theaters and tried to find five seats in a row, which was harder than it sounds. While we were leaving this one, a girl starts a cheer to get people excited for the movie. (note at this point it was almost midnight) She started screaming, "I say 'Harry' you say 'Potter'! Harry!" then the crowd responded, they did this twice, then during the silence inbetween a Harry and a Potter I screamed as loud as I could "SNAPE!"

I got a good laugh, but a few people threw popcorn at me as I literally sprinted past, I think someone sprayed pop at me. lol.

Also before the movie I went to the restroom, and I walked by the handicap stall, then did a double take when I saw someone had written in a large marker "MINISTRY EMERGENCY ENTRANCE" with an arrow pointing to the toilet. I took a pic. :P

Last edited:

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome Phantom! :D

PhantomX0990 said:
Also before the movie I went to the restroom, and I walked by the handicap stall, then did a double take when I saw someone had written in a large marker "MINISTRY EMERGENCY ENTRANCE" with an arrow pointing to the toilet. I took a pic. :P

SHOW US THIS PIC THAT SOUNDS AWESOME.

Also, I have a question. Does the fact that Pottermore has additional content mean that JK is no longer planning to write that encyclopedia she promised? Because to be honest, I would have rathered that. It's real and tactile and you can keep it... it isn't online. I never really asked for an online experience, I'd rather receive my additional content the same way I received the original content: by page.

Years
Name: Hikari
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Who killed our parents?: Voldemort *shivers*
Describe your wand: 10 inch, black colored

I'm joining cos I just feel like it and I'm a bit late here.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - J.K. Rowling is set to work her magic on readers once again.

The author of the hit "Harry Potter" series has inked a deal with Little, Brown in the United States and Britain to publish her first novels for adults. The title, release date and details about the long-rumored novel were not announced Thursday.

Rowling said in a statement: "Although I've enjoyed writing it every bit as much, my next book will be very different to the 'Harry Potter' series, which has been published so brilliantly by Bloomsbury and my other publishers around the world. The freedom to explore new territory is a gift that Harry's success has brought me, and with that new territory it seemed a logical progression to have a new publisher. I am delighted to have a second publishing home in Little, Brown, and a publishing team that will be a great partner in this new phase of my writing life."

"Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," the seventh and final story in the "Potter" series, came out in 2007. The last of eight "Harry Potter" films was released last summer.

Rowling's "Harry Potter" books were published by Bloomsbury in Britain and Scholastic in the U.S.

Shining Raichu

Years
OH MY GOD I JUST CAME HERE TO POST THIS EXACT NEWS I AM SO GODDAMN EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN. I JUST CANNOT EVEN.

I've waited SO LONG to hear this news: She's writing again! Finally I have something I can actually look forward to reading!!! I might go run around the house for a few minutes brb.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Holy mackerel how come I did not knew that earlier?! i blame dancing

Still though, nothing can replace the HP series here in my heart. *points to chest*

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Anyone heard more about it yet and have some news to share?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Nope, nothing has been shared since the initial announcement that it was coming. I'm pretty sure we'll hear more before the year is out, though.

:> In other news, Pottermore is apparently (finally!) going public in April!

Also I went to Wizarding World last month and ommgggg it was so fun. <3

Back