• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I wish MY computer could do that!

Years
  • Here's the scenario, for some reason you've been given your dream computer, maybe you've won a contest of you have really rich friends or something.

What would you use it for? (gaming, design, 3D modeling, ect)
    If you can say, what model would it be?
    Laptop or Desktop?
    What OS would it use?
    (think logically with this, don't say a small windows computer with mountain lion)
    What would be the first thing you'd do with it? (install a piece of software you couldn't before, overclock it, add on a new piece of hardware)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Man, if I was given a chance to build my dream computer, the first thing I'd do with it is for gaming. I wanted to just play games like Mass Effect 3, Minecraft, or even any MMO games out there, but my current computers (both laptop and PC) won't allow me to do so because of the graphics card installed inside. I'd install it in any model except for HP, I don't like HP at all. Dell would be a primary brand for me to choose. :D

It's hard to choose, actually. Because I already have a laptop and I only use it for internet and school. I also have a desktop that runs like slow. I'll go for a desktop this time, it'd be awesome to build a computer that'll replace the desktop I currently have. and that one would be ancient now lmao.

I'll obviously have the hard drive cut in half, so it'll have Windows 7 (or 8) on one half and the latest version of Ubuntu/Linux on the other. I am a Linux fan myself, so I gotta have at least a partition of Linux in there. And the first thing I'll do with this brand new computer? Install a PERFECT graphics card!

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Wow, this thread is win :D.

If I had my dream computer, I would probably use it for many things. Most likely video making, hi-res gaming (Minecraft, AoE, etc), Big-time PC programming, and other things I can't think of.

Dream statistics?
    • 1080p widescreen flat panel
    • 20GB RAM
    • Intel Core Quad Processor
    • Dual-booting Windows Server 2008 and Linux Mint/Ubuntu
    • Two Blu-Ray RW drives
    • 3.5" Floppy drive (out of nostalgia :])
    • 8 USB hub, 5 in the back, 3 in the front
    • Intelli-Eye cordless mouse
    • Wireless standard keyboard
    • Two HDDs, one 1TB and the other 3TB
    • Multi-card Reader

As for manufacturer, I'd probably have IBM/Lenovo or Compaq, but maybe Gateway even. I do like those old brands :).

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • well considering my dream computer probably hasn't actually been seen outside of an R&D Lab. I guess I should describe it.
    3.0GHz Octocore processor, with 16GB RAM and a 512GB SSD. This seems pretty meager,but there's a reason. It's a Belt. Integrated fingertip sensors to type on any surface with a plug in so I can use my glasses as a display. Add on an arm peripheral that adds a few USB ports and a couple MicroSD readers to store files and media.

It would most likely run OS X (some future version) and have LTE+ connectivity.and most important of all, everything is treated with Liquipel technology.

Yes it seems farfetched, but you said Dream computer. That's what you got.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • My dream computer would be more looks then hardware. I want to build a computer and then stuff it full of shiny/glowly things.

It would still have top line hardware, but I'd put a lot more time into the anesthetic appeal then I would the hardware. (Would still have a hexcore Intel, 16 gigs of ram (Highest speed, can't remember of top of my head though.), and quad crossfired videocards, a small SSD for the OS, a high speed 1 TB HDD for my important games, and a couple of basic 2 TB drives for storage, and dual Blue-Ray RW drives)

As for the case, I'd pick one of these.

http://www.xoxide.com/lian-li-pc-343b-case.html
    http://www.xoxide.com/lianli-pc-p80ncase-black.html
    http://www.xoxide.com/sentey-gs-6500-burton-fulltowercase.html

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2012
    My dream computer has a
    1TB Hard drive
    I7 Proccesor
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    Disk Drive (I have a netbook they do not have disk drives)
    I would use it for
    Gaming
    Making pokemon walkthroughs
    Brosing the internet.

And i would use it for
    Browsing the internet

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Probably one of those crazy Boxx computers with switchable graphics so I could play games.
    http://www.boxxtech.com/

Those things have freaking render farms, I could do 3d so easily on them <3 No wait times whatsoever.

Plus dual monitors, state of the art desk + ergonomic chair. :3

AND AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE PLEASE. HASSLE FREE WARRANTY FOR LIKE 5 YEARS PLEASE.

Seriously if something goes wrong with my computer and I can't figure it out I rage. I need things run smoothly.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • What would you use it for? Music and Art, and creative.

If you can say, what model would it be? Mac, because Logic Pro and Boot Camp :P

Laptop or Desktop? Desktop, but if the laptop has better storage (doubtful) I would use that.

What OS would it use? I don't care, if it works and runs software decently, I'll be cool with it. Though I would go for the top of the line if it was convenient.

What would be the first thing you'd do with it? LOGIC PRO AND ART PROGRAM(S) AND START CREATING THE **** OUT OF THAT THING

Back